Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Are Knicks fans all on drugs and/or insane?

The NY Knicks are currently 7-12 and 10th in the East. They are 4 games below .500 more than a quarter of the way into the season, and they show no signs of getting much better than that. There are only 9 teams in the league with a worse record.

At the same time, just about every Knicks fan is convinced that in actuality, the Knicks are this awesome team that's going to not just make the playoffs, but has a good chance of beating Miami or Chicago when they get there.

You've got comments in threads on the first couple of pages saying things like (I paraphrase):

"Can't believe we lost to the Nuggets." (13-5 team in the toughest division in the league)
    "No one wants to play the Knicks in the first round." (Of what, the NIT?)
    "As soon as Baron comes back, the Knicks are gonna be awesome."(Because he made such a difference on those Clippers and Cavs teams last year)
    "All them guys who went to China are falling over themselves running to join the Knicks."(Yup, all the ring chasers are definitely going to join the Knicks...gotta pick the best bet to win a championship this year)

Now, what the hell? How come Cleveland or Milwaukee fans aren't talking about how no one wants to face them in the first round? Those teams are actually in a playoff spot right now? And what about Memphis and Houston fans? Hell, how come I'm not constantly talking about how the Jazz are going to win playoff series left and right and they're freaking 10-7 and 4 games ahead of the Knicks?

I mean, the Knicks fans are talking about the Knicks in the way that makes it sound like they're talking about the Bulls, or the Heat, or the Thunder. Drugs? Insanity? A combination of the two?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Are Knicks fans all on drugs and/or insane?

Delusional... they actually thought they were going to beat Boston last year.

NBA rookie of the year

I can't speak for the rest of my fellow Knicks fans, but, yes, I am on quite a few drugs.

Yeah... its not looking too good for them at the moment is it...
    I think they will improve with Baron, but until they get a new coach they arent winning anything in the playoffs.. Actually they will be lucky to sneak in as the 8th seed

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Knicks fans have this extremely irritating sense of entitlement, due only to the fact that they're from New York.

Their beliefs about their team are simultaneously hilarious and sad.

Banned

Worst franchise in all of pro sports

Not a Knick fan but I expect them to get into the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Baron Davis and JR Smith are infinitely better than our current backcourt band of misfits consisting of Bibby, Douglas, Fields and rookie Shumpert.

if you haven't figured, what's wrong with the Knicks is little spacing. (JR solves that.) Guys on the perimeter can't penetrate and create besides Melo (Baron and JR solve that). Amare is near useless without a pick-and-roll point guard (Baron solves that). And depth (JR and Baron solve that).

Many predicted us to be a contender at the start of the year and we still have the same pieces. We just need balance to the roster and Baron and JR provide that.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

I can be your hero baby

Learning to shoot layups Yao Ming's Avatar

I love reading the realgm knick boards every time they get blown out. The comments in that place are gold.

they have some great sigs

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Baron Davis and JR Smith are infinitely better than our current backcourt band of misfits consisting of Bibby, Douglas, Fields and rookie Shumpert.

if you haven't figured, what's wrong with the Knicks is little spacing. (JR solves that.) Guys on the perimeter can't penetrate and create besides Melo (Baron and JR solve that). Amare is near useless without a pick-and-roll point guard (Baron solves that). And depth (JR and Baron solve that).

Many predicted us to be a contender at the start of the year and we still have the same pieces. We just need balance to the roster and Baron and JR provide that.
    A couple of days ago wasn't all that was wrong with them their coach?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    The NY Knicks are currently 7-12 and 10th in the East. They are 4 games below .500 more than a quarter of the way into the season, and they show no signs of getting much better than that. There are only 9 teams in the league with a worse record.

At the same time, just about every Knicks fan is convinced that in actuality, the Knicks are this awesome team that's going to not just make the playoffs, but has a good chance of beating Miami or Chicago when they get there.

You've got comments in threads on the first couple of pages saying things like (I paraphrase):

"Can't believe we lost to the Nuggets." (13-5 team in the toughest division in the league)
    "No one wants to play the Knicks in the first round." (Of what, the NIT?)
    I have to admit, that line made me laugh out loud.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507

Nobody predicted that.

Except for crazed Knicks fans, but their opinions are worth slightly less than dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    A couple of days ago wasn't all that was wrong with them their coach?
    No, he's the main problem. His intransigence despite the need to adjust his gameplan to his personnel. Regardless, his job is still safe, and you can't entirely blame him when our backcourt is sh*t and Melo has been injured the last few weeks. He should be able to bring the best out of Davis and JR.

You guys will be eating crow, I swear. Making idiotic claims like the Knicks won't make the playoffs.

Didn't Miami start 10-10 last year? Did they have a shortened training camp? Did they have a condensed season? Was their best player as banged up as Melo has been? Did all of their shooters have major slumps from behind the arc? Not that the Knicks are as good as the Heat, but there are extenuating circumstances as to why the Knicks are playing poorly, and to assume that this is how they will play the rest of the season? idiotic.