Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kevin Love's FA Options outside of Cleveland:

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He has a great post game. In fact, he has the most complete offensive arsenal for his position, if you take into account 3 pointers. It's why he can put up 26 a game on good efficiency. He just cant dominate on offense consistently. It's why even when he was the number 1 in Minny he couldnt score in the fourth, defenses can take him out of the game.

I wouldnt build my franchise around him as he is a big who cant play multiple postions, doesnt defend, and isnt a leader in any sense of the word. But he's no scrub.
    What? He has great post up game? How so? What can he do down low? Please explain his great post up game?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    What? He has great post up game? How so? What can he do down low? Please explain his great post up game?
    He can score on good efficiency at like .99 point per post up. Good hook shot, positions his body well so he draws fouls.

He can score on good efficiency at like .99 point per post up. Good hook shot, positions his body well so he draws fouls.
    Yeah, but he's not a big who can anchor your offense down low. In that way, he's an oddity. He's technically a big but does little of the things you expect from a big. Your big should either protect the paint or possess a post up game (of course speaking of star bigs). He does neither. So his overall value is questionable.

I wouldn't want him for the max. If I want a .500 team, sure. But to win a ring, you won't with him as your best or 2nd best player.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Yeah, but he's not a big who can anchor your offense down low. In that way, he's an oddity. He's technically a big but does little of the things you expect from a big. Your big should either protect the paint or possess a post up game (of course speaking of star bigs). He does neither. So his overall value is questionable.

I wouldn't want him for the max. If I want a .500 team, sure. But to win a ring, you won't with him as your best or 2nd best player.
    Well, bigs anchoring offenses are gone these days. But Im just saying, Kevin Love can score there.

Worse players than Love have won rings though. I agree, I wouldnt offer him the max if Im looking to win the chip. But who knows, if im a struggling franchise looking to stay competitive and Love is the only chance I have at good player, you could see the trigger pulled. You just have to know what you are expecting.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Bricklayer's Avatar

Well, bigs anchoring offenses are gone these days. But Im just saying, Kevin Love can score there.

Worse players than Love have won rings though. I agree, I wouldnt offer him the max if Im looking to win the chip. But who knows, if im a struggling franchise looking to stay competitive and Love is the only chance I have at good player, you could see the trigger pulled. You just have to know what you are expecting.

Which is why the Jazz should go after him.

There are quite a few guys today who can anchor your offense down low. Just on top of my head, the two Gasols, Zbo, Jefferson, Cousins, Monroe, Duncan, Pekovic, Aldrige. And some youngster who might get there in Whiteside and Davis. The league will always have bigs who you can run offenses through. It's part of the game.

But I see your points on everything else.