good catch

College star

Default Re: Kevin Love's FA Options outside of Cleveland:

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Do you know what that word means?
    +1

College star

Agree with the OP's list of contenders for Love's services.

The question is: what's the force behind his ambition? Individual prominence or collective dominance? Because until Bron begins to decline, Love will have to accept the role of third string, for his entire prime.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Stats dont mean much, Harden gets 27/6/6 but we know he's a scrub.
    Didn't you used to be funny?

Serious playground baller L.A.Showtime's Avatar

Lakers. He is getting tired of not playing his style because of LeBron.

Serious playground baller L.A.Showtime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Do you know what that word means?

he won't go anywhere, think of it for a second.

First of all, whoever gets him must be able to give him the max. Also, they need to be a real contender since I don't see Love going back to missing playoffs and actually have a need in the PF spot.

Which leaves who exactly? all the teams op mentioned are years from being real threats.

At this point I see Love just signing the max and be happy with competing for championships for many years to come.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    he won't go anywhere, think of it for a second.

First of all, whoever gets him must be able to give him the max. Also, they need to be a real contender since I don't see Love going back to missing playoffs and actually have a need in the PF spot.

Which leaves who exactly? all the teams op mentioned are years from being real threats.

At this point I see Love just signing the max and be happy with competing for championships for many years to come.
    He hates playing with Bran. Contrary to what all people believe, but some players actually like their stats. Stats is what pays the bills. Every sane person on the planet would rather have Barkley's career than Robert Horry's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He hates playing with Bran. Contrary to what all people believe, but some players actually like their stats. Stats is what pays the bills. Every sane person on the planet would rather have Barkley's career than Robert Horry's.
    Do you think Love will avg. better than 16.2ppg, 6.6rpg, 1.1apg and 1blk this season?

Cause that's what Bosh avg. last season and Miami had no problem offering him a max deal.

I'm a Laker fan and I pray to God we don't get him. The guy is an oddity. He's a "big" but he can't protect the paint nor does he have a post up game. So he doesn't do anything that a conventional "big" is supposed to do. Yeah, he rebounds but that's it for a big. He's a glorified Ryan Anderson. You are not winning a ring if he's your top 1 or 2 player. He is just a guy who will put up great numbers on bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Do you think Love will avg. better than 16.2ppg, 6.6rpg, 1.1apg and 1blk this season?

Cause that's what Bosh avg. last season and Miami had no problem offering him a max deal.
    Bosh protects the paint and is a much better defender. He is more athletic and can take you off the dribble. He's got a deadly midrange. Bosh is many times better than Love. Stats don't tell the whole story. Sometimes guys can put up meaningless stats.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Bosh protects the paint and is a much better defender. He is more athletic and can take you off the dribble. He's got a deadly midrange. Bosh is many times better than Love. Stats don't tell the whole story. Sometimes guys can put up meaningless stats.
    I agree.

But dude I quoted said "stats pay the bills" and by looking at Bosh's regular season and Finals stats from last season, he shouldn't be getting the max according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I'm a Laker fan and I pray to God we don't get him. The guy is an oddity. He's a "big" but he can't protect the paint nor does he have a post up game. So he doesn't do anything that a conventional "big" is supposed to do. Yeah, he rebounds but that's it for a big. He's a glorified Ryan Anderson. You are not winning a ring if he's your top 1 or 2 player. He is just a guy who will put up great numbers on bad teams.
    He has a great post game. In fact, he has the most complete offensive arsenal for his position, if you take into account 3 pointers. It's why he can put up 26 a game on good efficiency. He just cant dominate on offense consistently. It's why even when he was the number 1 in Minny he couldnt score in the fourth, defenses can take him out of the game.

I wouldnt build my franchise around him as he is a big who cant play multiple postions, doesnt defend, and isnt a leader in any sense of the word. But he's no scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    I agree.

But dude I quoted said "stats pay the bills" and by looking at Bosh's regular season and Finals stats from last season, he shouldn't be getting the max according to him.
    Bosh probably shouldnt be getting the max to be honest...
    Last edited by navy; 03-28-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    26 PPG, 12 RPG, 4 APG

Because one-handed Julius Randle or Kelly Olynyk can put up those numbers.

The Celtics or Lakers don't want to be in the hell hole of the lottery or a low seed in the playoffs. You start by picking up a go-to player, and the Lakers defiantly aren't gonna draft or trade for one.
    The way I see it, both these teams are trying to rebuild the right way and go for a star in the draft or FA. Love isn't that guy. He's the reason why people (including myself) tells that stats can be misleading.

If Cavs offer him the max, witch I think they will, IMO he will stay there.