Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Off season moves

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    but a rebuilding team like Cavs do and they need young unproven athletes cause they are rebuilding.

Thats why they took walton back...

if we are not dealing any picks...whats the point of other team trading for MWP???

we will be getting equally bad contracts...nobody is going to giving us young player for an expirer MWP
    I never said a team would give us a young player for Metta, I said that there are many teams would would want him for his toughness and veteran leadership......no question about it. There is no telling what we would get but it would end up a helluva lot smarter than waiving Metta. IF the Lakers want to get rid of him that is.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I never said a team would give us a young player for Metta, I said that there are many teams would would want him for his toughness and veteran leadership......no question about it. There is no telling what we would get but it would end up a helluva lot smarter than waiving Metta. IF the Lakers want to get rid of him that is.
    Many teams? I disagree. Many teams would rather(or already) have young and cheap SFs than an older guy with no lift, can't shoot 3's consistently and would be potentially be a problem/distraction ESP with a relatively huge contract like has. Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Harrison Barnes, Paul George,
    Matt Barnes, Webster, Delfino, Belinelli, etc etc are so much cheaper. Heck Shane Battier is only getting 3.2 Mil, roughly half of what MWP is getting.
    Some contending teams might need his toughness but again, the price tag (esp when they have to give up an attractive player that the Lakers need) and risks are just too much.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 05-02-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Many teams? I disagree. Many teams would rather(or already) have young and cheap SFs than an older guy with no lift, can't shoot 3's consistently and would be potentially be a problem/distraction ESP with a relatively huge contract like has. Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Harrison Barnes, Paul George,
    Matt Barnes, Webster, Delfino, Belinelli, etc etc are so much cheaper. Heck Shane Battier is only getting 3.2 Mil, roughly half of what MWP is getting.
    Some contending teams might need his toughness but again, the price tag (esp when they have to give up an attractive player that the Lakers need) and risks are just too much.
    Bellinelli is tough???? How many of the guys you mentioned are tough enough to guard Lebron are veterans and available. Forget the contract, it's a 1 year expirer which has value above the players ability.
    The subject is trade over amnesty, so we would be far better off trading him for a bag of chips on a 2nd rounder than to amnesty him.
    My opinion is that if we can't package a trade for someone who will improve the team then just keep Metta and use him wisely which means no 3's....and fire 'Antoni.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Bellinelli is tough???? How many of the guys you mentioned are tough enough to guard Lebron are veterans and available. Forget the contract, it's a 1 year expirer which has value above the players ability.
    The subject is trade over amnesty, so we would be far better off trading him for a bag of chips on a 2nd rounder than to amnesty him.
    My opinion is that if we can't package a trade for someone who will improve the team then just keep Metta and use him wisely which means no 3's....and fire 'Antoni.
    bro that was true MWP in ancient time...he freaking cant durant/melo/ or lebron...

those days are gone...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    bro that was true MWP in ancient time...he freaking cant durant/melo/ or lebron...

those days are gone...
    With the way the rules are in the NBA now nobody can. At least Artest is physical enough to give them a little more trouble than most. There's not a lot of guys that can be said about.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    With the way the rules are in the NBA now nobody can. At least Artest is physical enough to give them a little more trouble than most. There's not a lot of guys that can be said about.

Exactly!!!!

DK questioned Belinelli's toughness or lack thereof and yet he didn't look that weak on defense with the Bulls. As in I just don't see a great difference between the present MWP and most cheap SF's.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    DK questioned Belinelli's toughness or lack thereof and yet he didn't look that weak on defense with the Bulls. As in I just don't see a great difference between the present MWP and most cheap SF's.
    Apparently you don't watch Bellinelli play very much.....lol.

Bad coaching and style of play can make anyone look bad.
    If you want fastbreaks and 3 pointers then Metta is not the SF you want nor is Pau the PF you want, just like if you hate post play then Dwight is not the guy you want.
    If we had a coach who worked to our players strengths we would've been dominant.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 05-06-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Apparently you don't watch Bellinelli play very much.....lol.

Bad coaching and style of play can make anyone look bad.
    If you want fastbreaks and 3 pointers then Metta is not the SF you want nor is Pau the PF you want, just like if you hate post play then Dwight is not the guy you want.
    If we had a coach who worked to our players strengths we would've been dominant.

Home of the 16

Exclamation Re: Off season moves

Keep the core, except Dwight. Like, I'm not really excited about keeping him anymore. He had so many chances last year, but he didn't live up to our expectation. If we could sign him for 8mil, that'd be great. But if they do choose to sign him for 20mil or whatever he wants ... I hope they trade him afterwards --- it's just not worth it anymore.

Get rid of Steve Blake & other guards ... rebuild the roster. Sign players that are known for what they're known for or what they're capable of doing.

Ideal roster for next season:

1 - Nash/(Protege)/(Protege)
    2 - Bryant/Korver
    3 - MWP/Ariza
    4 - Gasol/Frye
    5 - Bargnani Or Dwight

We can't be getting PG out of anywhere anymore ... we need to develop them. But Steve Blake & Goudelock are just aren't the one, besides Blake is old now.

If you realize it, Jerry Buss always had Forwards that can shoot (Odom, Gasol, Radmanovic, Brian Cook, Horry & the list goes on...F*** SAMAKI WALKER), and there's prolly a reason for that.

Last year, Gasol was not used properly & he had backup that was only known for his defense & scrappy play.

I guess they just need to build a similar roster from 2011. That roster would prolly workout for D'Antoni's system anyway, everyone was a shooter except for Bynum & Mbenga.

It's either that, or FIRE HIS ASS.

$LakerGold.....in short, Fire 'Antoni because his idiotic coaching is never going to work and he wouldn't win an NBA title if he had his pick of the top 15 players in the NBA, he would still manage to FK it up!!!

Can't judge Dwight based on an idiot coach who didn't know how to use him.
    It's like going to war against tanks and a General says, no we won't use our tanks, planes or big weapons, we'll only use pistols against them
    Then the soldiers get criticized for failure

NBA lottery pick

$LakerGold.....in short, Fire 'Antoni because his idiotic coaching is never going to work and he wouldn't win an NBA title if he had his pick of the top 15 players in the NBA, he would still manage to FK it up!!!

Can't judge Dwight based on an idiot coach who didn't know how to use him.
    It's like going to war against tanks and a General says, no we won't use our tanks, planes or big weapons, we'll only use pistols against them
    Then the soldiers get criticized for failure
    I look at it like this.... Chicago has a far worse lineup on the court than the Lakers did yet they are winning. Sure they aren't going to win the series against the Heat, but they'll still make it interesting. They have a coach who knows how to use his players. When a coach can't figure out how to use Dwight Howard, he has no business being in the league.

I look at it like this.... Chicago has a far worse lineup on the court than the Lakers did yet they are winning. Sure they aren't going to win the series against the Heat, but they'll still make it interesting. They have a coach who knows how to use his players. When a coach can't figure out how to use Dwight Howard, he has no business being in the league.

Another yr gone cause we have a pathetic coach....

He has no clue how to use the size we had

He wants d12 to be used as jared jefferies...

i want jimmy butler from Chicago for any pau trade....anything other than boozer coming back should be good

otherwise trade pau and draft burke...