Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Is Duncan overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Wtf, how?

This is the shit I'm talking about, if Duncan is getting moved up dropping less than 10 pts a game while playing defense on the most depleted Big era in the league's history. Not even his Teams second best player.

Why the fucc is guys like Kobe getting shit for balling out of his mind in the 3peat with Shaq?

If 2014-16 has moved up Duncan up all time , what Bryant has been able to do with and without Shaq should put on the same level if not more so. A 22 year old kid once played in the Finals on a bum ankle and came up clutch in game 4 regardless after the Teams best player fouled out.

I'll take what Kobe was showing beyond his years and vs The Spurs BEST Teams than what Duncan is doing right now.
    I agree that a title here doesn't mean much without context...

But I don't understand your post. Everything a player does in their careers matters...some things just matter more than others.

Duncan has one of the most complete careers in NBA history now. He was an elite force from day 1. He's clearly one of the best teammates and franchise players ever.

He can dominate a game without touching the ball. He's on the short list of best two way players ever.

He never had an ego bigger than the team and has proven he can play different roles and different styles and win.

He's taken less money for years to help his franchise.

He had a great peak and prime...although not on the ultra elite level of a select few.

However, imo, he makes up for that with incredible longevity and being a great teammate / leader.

What more do you want from him? He's won at an absurd rate from the jump. He's essentially never been part of a team that didn't win 50 or more and make the playoffs.

He's done everything for 2 decades.

There are maybe 4 guys you for sure...in NBA history you draft over Duncan to start a franchise. Maybe 4...

Banned

duncan was a role player for half his career

he was great before 2006 though

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I agree that a title here doesn't mean much without context...

But I don't understand your post. Everything a player does in their careers matters...some things just matter more than others.

Duncan has one of the most complete careers in NBA history now. He was an elite force from day 1. He's clearly one of the best teammates and franchise players ever.

He can dominate a game without touching the ball. He's on the short list of best two way players ever.

He never had an ego bigger than the team and has proven he can play different roles and different styles and win.

He's taken less money for years to help his franchise.

He had a great peak and prime...although not on the ultra elite level of a select few.

However, imo, he makes up for that with incredible longevity and being a great teammate / leader.

What more do you want from him? He's won at an absurd rate from the jump. He's essentially never been part of a team that didn't win 50 or more and make the playoffs.

He's done everything for 2 decades.

There are maybe 4 guys you for sure...in NBA history you draft over Duncan to start a franchise. Maybe 4...
    I'm not saying he's a bum, far from it, Tim is one of my favorite players aside from Kobe, but this guy farts and ni99as start talking about how does it effect his legacy, or if he's Top 5. It's a joke.

What about his epic meltdowns in the Olympics under his watch. 05 where he shot terribad number from the field and Manu had to save the day or single handedly choking vs Shane Battier on the two easiest putbacks for the best PF of all time. None of that taint his shit the way we let 04' and 11' taint shit for Kobe and Lebron?

Then again half of this forum was ready to call Lebron top 5 all time after winning only his second championship. So why am I surprised.

All I'm saying is Bean deserves that same respect, so does KG, Dirk etc. Like if Dirk won this year, I would move him up simply because he's still The Mavs best player.

Duncan shouldn't get moved up all time just because he's a valuable role player on a contending Team. If that's the case how many spots does Ray Allen jump just from his Miami stint?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I'm not saying he's a bum, far from it, Tim is one of my favorite players aside from Kobe, but this guy farts and ni99as start talking about how does it effect his legacy, or if he's Top 5. It's a joke.

What about his epic meltdowns in the Olympics under his watch. 05 where he shot terribad number and Manu had to save the day or single handedly choking vs Shane Battier on the two easiest putbacks for the best PF of all time. None of that taint his shit the way we let 11' and 04 taint shit for Kobe and Lebron?

Then again half of this forum was ready to call Lebron top 5 all time after winning only his second championship. So why am I surprised.

All I'm saying is Bean deserves that same respect, so does KG, Dirk etc. Like if Dirk won this year, I would move him up simply because he's still The Mavs best player.

Duncan should get moved up all time because he's a valuable role player on a contending Team. If that's the case how many spots does Ray Allen jump just from his Miami stint?
    Every player was helped or carried at times...Duncan is no exception.

I think you missed my point...Duncan being this good in year 20 adds to his legacy. I agree it's not going to hugely alter it or anything, but he already has all the other stuff.

He never struggled early in his career like most do...the opposite for him...he was elite early.

He had a great peak. He had a great prime.

He's been a great teammate and franchise player.

He's had some of the best durability and longevity in NBA history.

So...yes, this won't swing him over someone you think is considerably better, but him being this good in the ending days of his career is another feather in his cap.

He's not an elite player anymore...he's not a all nba player anymore (although he's close tbh)...but that doesn't mean he's not still very good.

You don't have to be the best player on a team to get credit for how good you are.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
    Duncan did pretty much everything better then Shaq. He was a much better defender, better offensive player all Shaq did was dunk and do a hook shot and Duncan did not take games off like Shaq while having no one near as good as Kobe on his team.
    He in no way was a better offensive player than Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    He in no way was a better offensive player than Shaq
    Is he even a better player than Shaq? I swear I'm in the twilight zone when it comes to this ***** Tim.

Kobe and Shaq both > Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Yes and he likes sucking on boys privates

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    Kobe and Shaq together > Duncan
    I agree .

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I agree .
    Even apart though, Kobe still waxed that Spurs ass.

I agree Kobe and Shaq both > Duncan.

Banned

kobe stomped duncans testicles with and without shaq as a teammate

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe stomped duncans testicles with and without shaq as a teammate
    Please stop posting facts.

Even apart though, Kobe still waxed that Spurs ass.

After prime Duncan . And Gino was hurt , and Gasol .

Where was the Kobe in 05-07 ?

After prime Duncan . And Gino was hurt , and Gasol .

Where was the Kobe in 05-07 ?
    Kobe was hurt in 05. From 06-07 he was dropping monster scoring numbers the league hasn't seen since Willt, and playing with the worst roster in the league.

Where were The Spurs from 08-10?