Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Bryant's 81 was more impressive offensively, but it's obvious that Jordan's was the better all around game.
    You beat me to it.

Learning to shoot layups Yao Ming's Avatar

Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
    agree to disagree, when in rome.
    You believe that Bryant had the better all around game?

Serious playground baller Xplicit's Avatar

are you trying to say that MJ's 69 was better than Kobe's 81? go to the store and buy something that costs 81 dollars but instead only pay 69 dollars and 18 pennies and see if the clerk thinks its better than 81
    Handchecking. Ever heard of it?

And comparing rebounds to pennies makes you sound retarded. You're saying a rebound is only worth .01 of a scored point?

College star

considering the zone Kobe was in in the 2nd half, it's no stretch to say that he'd have gotten to 90 points in overtime. Also, Kobe singlehandedly erased a 20 point deficit and outscored the opponent in the second half.
    I don't care how many rebounds you get, it doesn't compare to what Kobe achieved that game

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    You believe that Bryant had the better all around game?
    no Jordan had the better all around game Kobe just scored and he had like what 2 assists?

Quote Originally Posted by Xplicit
    Handchecking. Ever heard of it?

And comparing rebounds to pennies makes you sound retarded. You're saying a rebound is only worth .01 of a scored point?
    that was not the point

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    considering the zone Kobe was in in the 2nd half, it's no stretch to say that he'd have gotten to 90 points in overtime. Also, Kobe singlehandedly erased a 20 point deficit and outscored the opponent in the second half.
    I don't care how many rebounds you get, it doesn't compare to what Kobe achieved that game
    you can suck kobe's **** all day sis. like i said jordan could score 1,000 pts if he wanted to. he just wasnt as much a ballhog as kobe

that was not the point
    Yeah the point was you totally ignore the subject of handchecking.

Guys like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. score 40 so often noawadays, it's almost not even news anymore when they do it. In the 90's, there werent even half-as-many 40-point occurences.

Bottom line:
    Jordan getting abused all game long and still scoring 69, with 18 rebounds >>>>>> Kobe getting 81 with these corny handcheck rules.

no Jordan had the better all around game Kobe just scored and he had like what 2 assists?
    I didn't understand what you meant when you said "agree to disagree, when in rome."

I usually hit open layups junkifunki's Avatar

are you trying to say that MJ's 69 was better than Kobe's 81? go to the store and buy something that costs 81 dollars but instead only pay 69 dollars and 18 pennies and see if the clerk thinks its better than 81

I see you like to use analogies. How bout this?

One scored point = one dollar. Handchecking = Inflation.

Just like you can buy a gallon of gas for a mere dollar in the 80's/90's, you have to pay about 3 dollars now to buy that same gallon. A dollar today isn't worth as much as a dollar yesterday. Just like a scored point today isn't the same as a scored point years ago. Handchecking makes it harder to score just like inflation makes it harder to buy stuff with that dollar...

so yes, Jordan's 69 dollars hack then is worth more Kobe's 81 now
    Last edited by junkifunki; 10-28-2006 at 06:13 PM.

College star

just wondering .. have any of you guys actually seen MJs 69 point game? because you're all talking out of your asses when saying that he was "getting abused" all night. He was not, he wasn't even guarded harder than Kobe at all.

Everyone should turn on espn classic and watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    just wondering .. have any of you guys actually seen MJs 69 point game? because you're all talking out of your asses when saying that he was "getting abused" all night. He was not, he wasn't even guarded harder than Kobe at all.
    The question is: HAVE YOU?

I'm not going to lie. I did not witness Jordan's 69 point game. But I did watch A LOT of basketball back then, and I saw how defenders guarded Jordan and other good wing-players. Guys had their hands and forearms all over them. Today, if you even breathed on Kobe the wrong way, they call a foul

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

MJ.

Better overall numbers(18 rebs, 6 assists, 4 stls and 1 blk) against a playoff team.