College superstar

Default will kobe get better as the season progresses, or is it all downhill from here?

have we seen the best of the self proclaimed, black mamba?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: will kobe get better as the season progresses, or is it all downhill from here?

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    have we seen the best of the self proclaimed, black mamba?

He'll have his moments but sadly it's just downhill.

His legs will get more tired, any slight injury will take longer to heal and affect his game more than in the past. He WILL get injured, whether small or big he'll get hurt. If you think he's bad now just wait until he gets a small injury

Default Re: will kobe get better as the season progresses, or is it all downhill from here?

2/5

^ doubt he'll ever be that bad

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    He'll have his moments but sadly it's just downhill.

His legs will get more tired, any slight injury will take longer to heal and affect his game more than in the past. He WILL get injured, whether small or big he'll get hurt. If you think he's bad now just wait until he gets a small injury
    kobe fans say that he is just playing his way back into shape, but i dont buy it. he's kobe. a fitness freak. in fourth quarters you'll notice all of his shots come up short because of the dead legs (this while STILL playing the most minutes on his team. smh)

this is why i have said that Kobe fans and their he "has to shoot" excuse is a MYTH. we have seen that in the games where kobe takes less than 20 shots - the lakers winning chances increase. maybe not enough for them to make the playoffs, but at least stay respectable, allowing kobe to get his tim duncan on.

but of course, its a never ending vicious cycle - if Kobe passes, the lakers will win more games, which isnt wanted by the kobe fans who only pay to see....kobe. what do REAL lakers fans and management want to see?

*rolls up, waiting for Kobe stans to take the bait*

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    *rolls up, waiting for Kobe stans to take the bait*
    i am curious to hear all basketball fans' take, not just superfans of kobe.

i am curious to hear all basketball fans' take, not just superfans of kobe.

Yeah, but you know the stans, when they see this thread, will be all over it.

Dunking on everybody in the park

kobe fans say that he is just playing his way back into shape, but i dont buy it. he's kobe. a fitness freak. in fourth quarters you'll notice all of his shots come up short because of the dead legs (this while STILL playing the most minutes on his team. smh)

this is why i have said that Kobe fans and their he "has to shoot" excuse is a MYTH. we have seen that in the games where kobe takes less than 20 shots - the lakers winning chances increase. maybe not enough for them to make the playoffs, but at least stay respectable, allowing kobe to get his tim duncan on.

but of course, its a never ending vicious cycle - if Kobe passes, the lakers will win more games, which isnt wanted by the kobe fans who only pay to see....kobe. what do REAL lakers fans and management want to see?

While there may be some fans like this, answer me a question....who else is supposed to take a high volume of shots that can score on a consistent basis on this team?

I more than agree that Kobe takes too many, ill advised shots that he shouldn't be taking. He needs to tone those down because even if you make them, they're terrible. However, anytime someone asks "Who else should be shooting", no one has a real answer. If you tell me Jeremy Lin, I'm going to laugh given his turnovers and games where he doesn't score at all and isn't aggressive. Nick Young is the only other Laker who can consistently score and let's be honest, Nick is just like Kobe with shot selection and fearlessness. Everyone else, including Boozer, has games where they do well and games where they don't. People will point to Kobe's shooting and in some instances, it does have an effect but in others, they miss point blank wide open shots which is pretty inexcusable.

Lawd godbe just getting started , I do agree though he is playing too many minutes..
    As far as passing? Get a rebound scrubs

Learning to shoot layups

Kobe needs to keep doing what he's paid $24 mil to do. Keep shooting us into a top five lotto pick this year, top 3 next year and keep us entertained.

If this is happening in 2016 or if Jim gives him more than $10mil in his next contract. I'll personally lead a riot at the staple center in 2016.

MVP from this point and thru play offs

Edit: would be great if he could, seriously

Decent playground baller

to me it seems he is not trying to get to the basket, I know it is hard because of injury, age & all but he should try. also, he is getting good looks, I wonder why his shots aren't falling. hopefully it is a matter of time.

Get better? Old players don't get better as the season wears on, they just get more unhealthy. Thus far Kobe has been the worst 4th quarter player in the NBA, so it's hard to imagine how awful he'll be in crunch time come January and February.

He'll improve. Godbe wants to get back to his old self asap which is why he's so aggressive. He'll be at 30ppg by all star break.

it depends. If he uses his head and plays smart he'll look a lot better as the season progresses. Yet everything I've seen so far tells me he thinks he's 10 years younger and he'll probably keep playing like shit. As smart as Kobe is about basketball, imo i very rarely translates on to court unless someone is there to temper him.