Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Am I the only one who still thinks that Durant is currently the best NBA player?

If you think Durant > Lebron I feel bad for you son

you got 99 problems and being retarded is one

Default Re: Am I the only one who still thinks that Durant is currently the best NBA player?

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    No, he wouldn't be able to drop 40. Look what happened against Memphis once Westbrook went down.
    lol when the guy was triple teamed?

LeBron could never dream to command that kind of attention. Go watch the Rockets series before the Memphis one that year, whenever Westbrook went down. The Rockets were straight up double teaming Durant.... from full court.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    lol when the guy was triple teamed?

LeBron could never dream to command that kind of attention. Go watch the Rockets series before the Memphis one that year, whenever Westbrook went down. The Rockets were straight up double teaming Durant.... from full court.
    LeBron can pass at elite levels, Durant cannot.

Triple team myth solved...lol Watch some more basketball.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    If we're assuming that all guys are healthy. Saw this quote on ESPN:

I guess I must be the only one who thinks that what we've seen from Durant these past 2 years is a step above anything we've seen from LeBron or anyone else.

I don't doubt that Durant could make it to the Finals every year in the East in LeBron's position and also don't doubt that he could average almost 40 a night on the Warriors if he was averaging 32 FGA per game and 11 FTA per game...

For comparison, LeBron in these finals is averaging 32 FGA and 11 FTA per game while averaging 37 PPG.

In Durant's first finals, he averaged 31 PPG on just 20 FGA and 6 FTA per game... Give him LeBron's averages and make it single coverage every time down the floor? He's dropping 50-60 a night.

LeBron's numbers are impressive but it's coming directly at the expense of what the Warriors want, LeBron in isolation taking 30-40 shots on 40% while the rest of Cleveland's role players can't get enough going for the team to get the W.
    I don't think that most people (outside of internet stans/trolls) would argue that Durant isn't the better pure scorer. My guess would be that given the coverage that Lebron has had in the finals, yeah, Durant could probably average what Lebron is scoring on better efficiency.

The obvious disparity, which has already been mentioned, and I will reiterate, is that Durant doesn't have the all around package that Lebron has, and I don't think many people would argue this either. Lebron is the better passer and defender. They are probably even on rebounding.

Basically, I just don't think Durant can have the same overall impact and control of the game that Lebron has. This in no way detracts from Durant. He is an amazing player, and assuming he returns to health, he will be one of the greats given he wins a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    LeBron can pass at elite levels, Durant cannot.

Triple team myth solved...lol Watch some more basketball.
    It doesn't matter what the difference in their passing skills are, passing out of a double/triple team is not hard.

Teams aren't doubling Durant and single covering LeBron because of passing skills. In that instance Durant was playing with a starting 5 of Reggie Jackson (who was still a scrub), Thabo Sefolosha, Serge Ibaka, and Kendrick Perkins.

They are doubling Durant because they'd rather let anyone else try to score.

In the case of LeBron, the defense is fine with him chucking away on sub 40% in iso situations, so there is no need to double team him. His passing abilities aren't even a concern at that point. He either shoots for 40% or passes to scrubs who will do the same.
    Last edited by JerrySeinfeld; 06-16-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    I don't think that most people (outside of internet stans/trolls) would argue that Durant isn't the better pure scorer. My guess would be that given the coverage that Lebron has had in the finals, yeah, Durant could probably average what Lebron is scoring on better efficiency.

The obvious disparity, which has already been mentioned, and I will reiterate, is that Durant doesn't have the all around package that Lebron has, and I don't think many people would argue this either. Lebron is the better passer and defender. They are probably even on rebounding.

Basically, I just don't think Durant can have the same overall impact and control of the game that Lebron has. This in no way detracts from Durant. He is an amazing player, and assuming he returns to health, he will be one of the greats given he wins a couple.
    LeBron hasn't been a better defender than Durant for the past 2 years and all stats support that statement.

So yeah, he's a better passer. Only edge that he currently holds.

Local High School Star

Na it goes
    1) LeBron
    2) healthy KD

After that it's quite a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    If you think Durant > Lebron I feel bad for you son

you got 99 problems and being retarded is one