Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #121
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people
Default Re: TRADE! Raptors get Rudy Gay in 3-team deal

7 games in after the trade and im liking what im seeing.

At the time of the trade the Raps needed to play .600 ball to squeeze into the playoffs. So far they are 5-2 and have played some tough nosed basketaball and beaten some pretty good teams. Last night was an indication of how far this team has come. Usually we would only beat a good team like NY if we played great and they played bad. Its when all our shots would be falling that we could beat a really good team. But last night our offense was terrible and we still found a way to win. Thats the sign of a good team. This lineup looks good and if Bargnani can fall out of love with his 3pt chucking and Casey can find a way to marry him to a 12-15 ft pull up jump shot he will be a deadly asset off the bench. If not we have to find a way to move him. This team in my opinion is better then the team that won the division a few years ago. This team is tough no bones about it!!! Gay is as advertised-Clutch as they come and a volume shooter. DeRozans fg% has dipped the past month too. If he and Gay can find a way to shoot a respectable fg% this team can be dangerous. If not then at some point we will need to figure out if we want 2 volume shooters in the starting lineup. For now im hoping DD and Gay can form that core 1-2 punch and Bargs can either play within himself (12-15ft shots with the occassional 3) or play himself into a trade for a valuable piece. Who am I kidding I cant stand Bargnani i think i would still want him gone if he played like he played last year. Too me hes like that picture teachers show kids and ask "what doesnt belong". In the Raps pic right now its Bargnani.
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: