Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What Other Stars Could Get Away...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    OP is right. No one ever critiques Tim Duncan. Him and his atrocious 2004 Olympics, leading us to bronze medal. Never leading San Antonio to back to back rings with an all-time great head coach, and rosters that featured: Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and David Robinson.
    Can't tell if trolling or serious.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Can't tell if trolling or serious.
    Can't tell if you have down syndrome, or attention whore.

Ex:

You said literally everything is overrated about Michael Jordan. Including his athleticism.

The brutal truth is that it's because nobody cares about Duncan. Guys like LeBron, Kobe, and Durant would never hear the end of it if it happened to them because people are more invested into these guys than they are to Duncan.

Let's say the Duncan does make the shot and the Spurs end up winning because of it. Then people would still be talking about it today. Why? Because it was against LeBron's team.

But what if the Spurs faced the Pacers instead? If he makes that shot in a game 7 and the Spurs win, would anyone still be talking about it today? I don't think so.

Banned

Can't tell if you have down syndrome, or attention whore.
    Wait, aren't you the same guy who got mad over being called retarded and now you're flinging ad hominem like the world is ending?

I need to look at usernames and not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Wait, aren't you the same guy who got mad over being called retarded and now you're flinging ad hominem like the world is ending?
    But you told me if you can't handle it, then don't go on the internet / ISH. Thicken the skin up.

I called you out because I replied to a hypothetical, and then you started handing out insults, and arguing the very merits of my response to the hypothetical that I was responding to.

Basically you were all over my tip in that thread, and in numerous other threads, trying to bait me into reply. You're an attention whore. Plain and simple.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Duncan missed layup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4ZUK-NFKc

It's not a big deal. No players career has ever been ruined by one play much less a missed shot that goes in and out. Mistakes happen all game long.
    when duncan puts his hands on knees after jogging back on defense, you can literally see his soul spilling all over the hardwood courts. That guy was done

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    This is actually proving the OP's point since this is brought up in almost every LeBron thread.

The only difference is nobody grabbed Duncan's miss..

Who cares what OP point is, he made this same thread multiple times. It'll be closed soon

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks

Love the ''**** you'' by Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Love the ''**** you'' by Jordan
    Dealing with bullies?

Dealing with bullies?

Funny pic but the context of that Kobe pic is actually cool

Worked the Rockets & when MWP tries to draw him into a tech he's like nah nikka I ain't that dumb. Playoff game too, I want to say game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

Funny pic but the context of that Kobe pic is actually cool

Worked the Rockets & when MWP tries to draw him into a tech he's like nah nikka I ain't that dumb. Playoff game too, I want to say game 6.
    Nah, it wasn't just Kobe being smart. And it was being smart. I felt like he definitely didn't want any of a crazy, hyped, pissed Ron Artest.

Artest kind of bullied him. Kobe could've stood up to him without getting a technical foul.

We didn't see any of the tough guy act he gave scrawny, fake tough guy Matt Barnes the next year.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Well what do you want us to say? Duncan's a "choker" or he "can't handle the pressure"? The man's led his team to 4 championships beating Shaq, Lebron, Dirk, etc. His legacy has been cemented for years, one play well past his prime doesn't make a difference. The fact that he damn near beat prime Lebron at 37 years old just added to his legacy if anything.

Nah, it wasn't just Kobe being smart. And it was being smart. I felt like he definitely didn't want any of a crazy, hyped, pissed Ron Artest.

Artest kind of bullied him. Kobe could've stood up to him without getting a technical foul.

We didn't see any of the tough guy act he gave scrawny, fake tough guy Matt Barnes the next year.
    Seriously? Kobe makes artest look like a hot tempered child.

Kobe wouldn't have gotten a technical? Ron was THROWN OUT, so hard to to say Kobe doesn't get a tech.

Besides it was a playoff game in the 4th with the Lakers up 10, ain't nobody got time for a pissing contest

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juyF3zs...%3DjuyF3zso75k

You should thank your lucky stars that Lebron got away with the way he played that series (no confidence in his jump shot or vs IND). He'd be ripped into and criticized but for a Ray Allen 3. And Duncan would be the one with 5 rings and 4 FMVPs.

I'm over the loss as I never believed that Spurs had a REAL chance to win. Heat had Lebron, and Parker was injured. Duncan played unbelievably in games 6 and 7

30 pts 17 reb (13/21) 44:26
    24 pts 12 reb 43:10

more minutes in both games that anyone on the Spurs except Leonard and at age 37. Missing one shot doesn't undo that - he's way past his prime (unlike Lebron).

But you told me if you can't handle it, then don't go on the internet / ISH. Thicken the skin up.

I called you out because I replied to a hypothetical, and then you started handing out insults, and arguing the very merits of my response to the hypothetical that I was responding to.

Basically you were all over my tip in that thread, and in numerous other threads, trying to bait me into reply. You're an attention whore. Plain and simple.
    I can see that from him. He aims to be one of the trolls in this forum