Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Could you make the NBA with LeBron's body?

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    coordination is a natural attribute, Lebron probably has a lot better body control than graham. You would inherit that if you somehow got lebron's body
    it's partly natural, but it also comes from thousands upon thousands of hours of playing basketball

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Yes, but none of us would be all stars we would be Shannon brown type players.

Local High School Star

I'd rip Delonte West's face off, and punk Dirk and the Mavs in the Finals while taking a shit on the Cleveland city hall steps, then **** any female offspring of Stern if I had Lebron's body.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Give a regular ISH poster lebrons body and he would be a fat **** in 6 months time

College superstar

Pretty obvious answer is no. You're insinuating that Lebron is a product of his physical ability, and not his skills or his mental abilities. And I don't buy that. Guy has incredibly court vision, clearly ridiculously hard working, can handle and shoot the ball better than anyone on this forum... Those are all important skills for basketball.

As for his mental state, I mentioned his hard working (let's be real.. most posters, if gifted his body, would quickly turn it in to a 6'8 lump of fat), but then also ability to play through all the noise and turmoil generated by the national media exposure... a lot of people would get sucked up in to that culture and just ignore basketball, or they wouldn't be able to handle it and they would shut down, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Nobody on this forum would.
    this is silly. As long as you arent a mental midget than it would be easy as hell to make the NBA with that athleticism.

This is like saying if you had Usain Bolt's body could you just make your country's Olympic team. Of course.

Nobody is saying they would be Lebron. However, I guarantee I'd make an NBA roster. Remember that you would be bigger, stronger, faster and more coordinated than almost everyone on the court at all times.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 11-29-2013 at 09:48 AM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    this is silly. As long as you arent a mental midget than it would be easy as hell to make the NBA with that athleticism.

This is like saying if you had Usain Bolt's body could you just make your country's Olympic team. Of course.

Nobody is saying they would be Lebron. However, I guarantee I'd make an NBA roster. Remember that you would be bigger, stronger, faster and more coordinated than almost everyone on the court at all times.
    I have embarrassed people that were bigger, stronger, and faster than me just because I was actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

but usain bolt's sport is purely based on athleticism.

I'd definitely get a gm fired. I'm not a good team player irl when I'm playing with people who really know what they are doing. I got run through so many screens the other day playing in an old man pickup game w/ my dad. I was guarding a 6'3" guard who played for UVA 20 years ago and got torched lol. Same thing would happen to me in the NBA.

I wouldn't get fat like most people though.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    but usain bolt's sport is purely based on athleticism.

I'd definitely get a gm fired. I'm not a good team player irl when
    I'm playing with people who really know what they are doing. I got run through so many screens the other day playing in an old man pickup game w/ my dad. I was guarding a 6'3" guard who played for UVA 20 years ago and got torched lol. Same thing would happen to me in the NBA.

I wouldn't get fat like most people though.
    at 6"8 260 you could play power forward and just bust you ass and rebound, play defense and finish off plays created for you. If you can't do that with Lebron's natural athletic talents with millions on the line then you aren't gonna succeed anywhere.

Pretty sure you can muster turning into Popeye Jones.

Yes I would. I would be the best player in the NBA truthfully. My presence alone will scare defenders atrociously. Im already quick that can score inside with fancy layups and floaters on the side. Me being 6'9 also means that I will be dunking amazingly throughout my career which equals automatic dunk contests. I could post up very well if I was that big, I could get like 5 blocks a game too. In short, I will be at least a 5 time Mvp, 4-time all star MVP, and 7-time NBA champ.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Imo it would be easier to make the NBA with a Marc Gasol/Lopez twins type of body since it would no longer matter as much about skill (not saying those players are not skilled), imo being a solid build and 7 foot your far more likely to make the NBA than a body like Lebron unless you actually have a good skillset/IQ like LeBron does.

Btw for those people saying Jimmy Graham it's Joey Graham, dude was a crazy athlete but lacked any real skill.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

no..i don't have the mindset and the desire to spend 90% of my free time in the gym

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I have embarrassed people that were bigger, stronger, and faster than me just because I was actually good.
    Same here because I'm a very skilled player. But, If you give me some 19/20 year old kid with Lebron's body then I could turn him into an NBA player with the help of others in 2/3 years. That is just how unique Lebron's athletic talents are.
    Same thing for someone with Shaq's body.

I don't want dem fcuked up feets doe.

Does that include at least some of his skills/mindset, like body control accompanied with ballcontrol/ballhandling & WORK ETHIC? Because without that you are just a 6'9-270 guy with 40" vertical running a straight line offensive charging & fumbling the ball allover the place.... a Ben Wallace offensively at best.... and then you become a lazy/fat bastard and your career is over, due to low work ethic...

Its not Lebrons body that makes him so good, there have been many like that.... but none with all those SKILLS (and his brain) that allows him to exploit it like he does....

You take away even prime Michael Jordans skills / brain and he is a Harold Miner clone at best....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-29-2013 at 10:48 AM.