Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Serious question: Do you guys ever bring up stats and per in real life discussions about basketball? Because never have my friends and I ever talked about per. In fact I think I'm the only one that even knows what it is just because I'm on this forum.
    Some stats. Like averages because those are easily memorized. But, surely, I can't think of more than 4 or 5 PERs off the top of my head, and those obviously change often. If you are going by the current season, that is.

Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Quote Originally Posted by number23
    Yeah doesn't work that way. 1 mvp
    joke award anyway

mvp has been a regular season WC championship or EC championship presented as a team award 99% of the time since the media started voting

which is the reason shaq and kobe only have 1... while nash has 2 and dirk could have 2 by the end of the year

kobe/shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>nash/dirk

mvp = trash

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    joke award anyway

mvp has been a regular season WC championship or EC championship presented as a team award 99% of the time since the media started voting

which is the reason shaq and kobe only have 1... while nash has 2 and dirk could have 2 by the end of the year

kobe/shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>nash/dirk

mvp = trash
    MVP award is not trash bro.....Just because Kobe doesn't win it a bunch does not make it trash...lmao...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I'm not talking about shot clock buzzer; Wade and LeBron bail their teams out too.

I'm talking about half-court heaves at quarter-buzzers. Wade and LeBron always hold the ball. Always.
    Kobe does this so rarely that it's not even worth mentioning. If we agree that a shot within 30 feet at the end of the quarter is a decent look (you see Lebron try these all the time), he's taken THREE end of quarter shots beyond 30 feet since the start of December. You can go look at the shot charts on ESPN for November if you like (or confirm from the start of December), but I doubt he's taken more than 5 or 6 this season. If Lebron gets within 50 feet, too, he's going to take it which is why he's made so many halfcourt shots in his career.

Speaking of Lebron, he had a worse 3 point shooting season in 2008, 4.8 attempts on 31.5%.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

How else are you supposed to compare players without using stats? Do the people who whine about using stats watch every single game of every player? Or even half? If not, then you "watching the games" means little because you aren't seeing it all. That's where stats come in. I know I'll watch maybe 70+ Raptors games per year but other teams? Maybe 8 at most? How is it fair to base an opinion on such a small sample?

Don't knock the advanced stats simply because you don't understand them. Having more insight and tools for analysis into something is not a bad thing. PER is a flawed stat but generally a decent indicator of who is productive. No one should be using it as "be all" magical number though. Same goes for all the other advanced stats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by number23
    Yeah doesn't work that way. 1 mvp
    Oooh sorry sir. If that makes you happy then go ahead. I was just clarifying what the other person meant

Decent playground baller

I wonder how the footage of 2010 NBA Finals Game Seven is going to reveal. Are they going to mention 6-24?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    MVP award is not trash bro.....Just because Kobe doesn't win it a bunch does not make it trash...lmao...
    Right that is true though not just any scrubs win MVP he took it a little too far there

Banned

That would make Kobe 79% the 3pt shooter Reggie Miller was

haters reaching hard.

Banned

There's another "2nd" Kobe is going for....it starts with a "3" and ends with a "peat"

. . . Jesus Take The Wheel.

Its highly unlikely his 3PT% will remain at 31% at the end of the season with that many 3PT attempts, even if that happens anyways it will still be an absolutely meaningless "achievement" considering he is an already proven heavy duty proven shooter who is right now playing thru nagging injuries, including a knee with almost no cartilage, its definitely taking a hit to his efficiency somewhat, its really not cool to name excuses according to some people but its even less cool when you look at a Human with no legs and ask him: "Why cant you walk!?" and expect him to not tell the truth because saying "I have no legs" is just an excuse?

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Really 30% 3p% isn't even a terrible shot though. It translates to 45% normal fg% Not good, but more efficient then the average jumper Kobe takes.
    Kobe's eFG% is .494 excluding his threes. So Kobe's .472 eFG%% from three is significantly worse than the average shot Kobe takes. Not better.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Kobe's eFG% is .494 excluding his threes. So Kobe's .472 eFG%% from three is significantly worse than the average shot Kobe takes. Not better.
    Doesn't eFG take into account FT%?