Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Ainge attempting to trade Rondo for Paul (supposedly)...

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Extremely dissappointed in some of my fellow Celtic fans...

The people who bitched about MIA joining forces are being hypocrites wanting to ship Rondo out for Paul.

Chris Paul is a better player than Rondo flat out. But Rondo fits our team, is more durable and a STEAL at 10-11 mil a year he gets now.

I may not be made a fan of but I believe we ride out with what we have. This team is going to face the Kedrick Brown/Mark Blount years in 2 years. We cant avoid it. THe last man standing will be Paul Pierce. KG will be gone and Ray will certainly be a key bench guy for another contending team. You cant stop father time and having Chris Paul who has more serious injury long term than Rondo is stupid.

Keep Rondo, acknowledge he will never be an above average shooter...Upgrade the SG and PF. Our real needs are a Young(21-25) year old SG in the Kevin Martin mold, and an athletic PF whos legit 6'9+ to spell KG longer periods.

PP is still going to be a 19-20ppg 6 and 4 player, We need an athletic 2guard who can create a shot.
    how would you feel about adding a guy like thaddeus young?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Extremely dissappointed in some of my fellow Celtic fans...

The people who bitched about MIA joining forces are being hypocrites wanting to ship Rondo out for Paul.

Chris Paul is a better player than Rondo flat out. But Rondo fits our team, is more durable and a STEAL at 10-11 mil a year he gets now.

I may not be made a fan of but I believe we ride out with what we have. This team is going to face the Kedrick Brown/Mark Blount years in 2 years. We cant avoid it. THe last man standing will be Paul Pierce. KG will be gone and Ray will certainly be a key bench guy for another contending team. You cant stop father time and having Chris Paul who has more serious injury long term than Rondo is stupid.

Keep Rondo, acknowledge he will never be an above average shooter...Upgrade the SG and PF. Our real needs are a Young(21-25) year old SG in the Kevin Martin mold, and an athletic PF whos legit 6'9+ to spell KG longer periods.

PP is still going to be a 19-20ppg 6 and 4 player, We need an athletic 2guard who can create a shot.
    I think a lot of Celtics fans' primary concern is avoiding those Kedrick Brown/Mark Blount years again, which is something they can potentially do by trading out current pieces. While I'm not particularly a fan of Chris Paul, I do see how having him on board, along with effective (albeit aging) pieces in Pierce/Ray/KG, might entice young free agents to sign and keep Boston relevant. It's a patch work of things; Chris Paul could have been the harbinger of things to come.

I say "could have been" because I still don't think these rumors have legs. If they do, the rumor of Paul unwilling to sign an extension with Boston effectively kills all of this.

I applaud Ainge for doing what he can to keep the team afloat, even if it's resulted in some questionable trades that still leave fans scratching their heads. He orchestrated the trades that got Boston Ray Allen and Garnett, so he's not a complete moron (like some posters seem to suggest following the Perkins trade).

Local High School Star

[QUOTE=B

[QUOTE=B

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    They should be ashamed of letting it go this far. NBA is a farce.
    That's the truth. I've been watching all this noise go down for days knowing in my heart that it wasn't right and teams would cry about it. I feel for Paul and the Hornets front office people. I feel for the Lakers too both the players who have been jerked around and obviously the front office that did nothing wrong. The league obviously is under pressure to do the right thing and I think this is the right thing. You can't have the league own a team and trade one of the leagues top talents to anybody.

They need to do right by CP3 though and all the Hornets if they are going to restrict their movements. Paul will now become a free agent who will only be allowed to sign a 4 year deal with the lesser raises. The bright side is the Hornets front office can look Paul in the eye and say we tried to do right by you. The Lakers on the other hand are going to have some grumpy campers on their hands for some time though both Pau and Lamar have always handled themselves like pros so I don't expect anything less from them now