Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Official NBA 2k12 covers revealed: Jordan, Magic and Bird

Quote Originally Posted by @2KSports
    #NBA2K12 covers revealed, featuring Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird. Check them out here- on.fb.me/NBA2K12 (please RT)

http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K

Default Re: Official NBA 2k12 covers revealed: Jordan, Magic and Bird

i'm only feeling Jordan's.. should've changed the background colors for Magic and Bird's

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    i'm only feeling Jordan's.. should've changed the background colors for Magic and Bird's
    it's not that, but they've already used this theme already with 2k11. I guess I was assuming they'd use today's players

Default Re: NBA 2K12 cover art to feature Jordan, Bird, Magic

Huge fan of that art. Love the covers

- Jeff

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Is only one going to be the official cover? Or could you buy any of them? I think they should have just put Dirk or Rose on the cover.

I was expecting a cover w magic and bird together.... Odd to have 3 and use Jordan again. I don't rly care too much, I just want a good game

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    it's not that, but they've already used this theme already with 2k11. I guess I was assuming they'd use today's players
    Ya kinda of a let down but, i would think its pretty much a fact that there will be more then just jordan challenges.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

If all they do is just change up the graphics, add a few more retro teams and a few more challenges, then I'm not buying it at all. I want the My Player mode fixed, the online servers fixed, the dumbass glitches fixed etc.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Guess I'll be picking up the Bird package then. Was hoping for Magic vs Bird, but w/e

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Its nice to have more emphasis on the older players. I too would have liked Magic v Bird.

I like how they're adding some design into the covers. Cool idea. I hope this game has some nice new features.

Hate the idea and overused design and effects. Love the game though.

Why is there an asterick by the logo that says #1 selling video game?

When I read the thread title, I was hoping that it would be all three of them together. I think that would be a real nice cover for three of the NBA's most popular players during the thriving 80's and 90's decades.

That Jordan one looks sick, but I already own 2011. From a pure cover standpoint, would seem pointless to me to have two covers of Jordan...

... Who am I kidding though. 95% probability I'm going to get the game, and 99% probability I will just get that Jordan cover. haha

NBA Superstar

I'm not usually someone who cares about cover art, as it usually does not have much influence on the game itself. However, these past two years may prove to be the exceptions, which is why I'm so excited about each cover. For 2K11, the cover hinted at the return of Michael Jordan. It seems relatively clear or certain that the three legends in 2K12 hints at an even deeper dive into NBA's history and classic teams.

I am a huge fan of the current NBA, but I feel it has been shortsighted take for video games to ignore the vast history of the league for so many years. I think the classic teams revival opened a whole new window for 2K last year. I think it's possible to provide the best current-day simulation and showcase the wonderful history of the game at the same time. I think there's enough production time and room to fit it all. And I think it's awesome.

This is unconfirmed, but I saw this posted at another site:

"A pre-order bonus could be a hint at what that might entail. Preorders will receive codes for two classic teams for use in the game, the 1990-1991 Golden State Warriors of Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, and the 2000-2001 Sacramento Kings of Chris Webber, Vlade Divac and Jason Williams."

Does anyone else think this is a sign of pure awesomeness to come?

I'm hoping for Shaq and AI (seperate) versions in a few years. But if they add more to the Jordan Challenge type mode, most likely making it a Historic Challenge Mode... it would just be awesome.