Thread: Dribble Drills?

Learning to shoot layups

Default Dribble Drills?

I was wondering if you guys knew any dribble drills that are good, I am trying to improve my handles, I have been, but I am looking for more drills than I am doing.

National High School Star

Default Re: Dribble Drills?

I've just started a new workout routine in my shead, and i have thrown a couple dribble drills mainly for warm up, i don't have room to move as there isn't much space but i can do enough that i feel my handles improving already.

I usually start with doing around the worlds, starting over my head, then waist, then back of my legs and back up, going left then right 10 or so times.

Then followed by finger touches where you tap the ball between my hands over my head for a few minutes.

Then followed by dribble one handed with in and outs, left to right, right to left, with both hands for 15-20 times.

Follow that with figure 8 dribbles both ways 10 times,

Next i just do 20 crosses between my legs each way, really staying low.

I finish up with just some free dribble, normally after that i then get into my workout, obviously it would be perfect to have more space, but you gotta work with what you've got.

Also, take note that this isn't a nice smooth easy pace, i really try to go faster or all drills, dribble harder, get lower, go faster. Most importantly, don't look at the ball, i try to keep my eye level looking up out of my shed and over our back fence, pretending it is a game and i can survey the whole floor.

Over the last few weeks my dribble has felt more solid then ever, i'm not breaking ankles yet, but i know they won't steal it from me.

Serious playground baller

Google - Vimeo Micaha Lancaster Serious

Thank me later

Learning to shoot layups

Thanks guys!

BEAST

i think stationary drills will help you strength your forearm which is critical for good handles but i wouldnt spend more than 10~15 minutes on those

you should be working on full court game speed dribbles.

do these up and down the court:
    - cross overs (interchange with crossing to left and crossing to right)
    - between the legs (change direction, cross to left then follow by cross to right)
    - two dribble moves (cross over then between the leg then do it on opposite hand, between the leg then behind the back...etc, your choice) i would do a couple of these
    - hestitation and explode
    - go at full speed and pull back

you should be tired as a dog if you go game speed on these. you can shoot 3~5 freethrows in between sets to rest, you will and should be tired.

just naming a couple above, it will help you in a refereed 5 on 5 game for sure. the key things you need to work on is change direction (front, back, left, right) and change of speed. make sure you keep your head up and looking down the court when you are doing this.