Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: You cant punch the ball??

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    Dribbling, overhand freethrows, any sort of passing or dribbling, was never against the NBA rules. Try again, though.

Again, there'd be fewer dumb posts on the forum if people used common sense or Google. Or both.

Really?

Google the Original 13 rules of basketball. Dribbling was not allowed. STFU. Get out of my thread.

Or, as you eloquently stated,"Is it that hard to look up the rules before posting? "
    Last edited by phoenix18; 04-20-2010 at 10:52 PM.

I am your soldier!

Phoenix is going hard, just Mutombo'ing all the comebacks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Phoenix is going hard, just Mutombo'ing all the comebacks
    Hammertime is just an egotistical douche. He comes in telling me to look at the rule book and all that shit when he doesnt even know the ORIGINAL rules.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18

Really?

Google the Original 13 rules of basketball. Dribbling was not allowed. STFU. Get out of my thread.

Or, as you eloquently stated,"Is it that hard to look up the rules before posting? "
    NBA rules, you moron. NBA rules. NBA is only 60-odd years old.

So....when a player slaps the shit out of the ball for a block its fine, but when a player punch passes the ball.....all of a sudden we are concerned for the ball's safety?
    Actually yes. As hard as you can slap a ball, it won't match the concentrated force you can put behind a punch. I can see why the NBA would just make it illegal altogether.

NBA rules, you moron. NBA rules. NBA is only 60-odd years old.

Good save!!

No, not really.

Too bad in your earlier post you said " a sport", which is what I countered or else your whole argument is invalid.

If you don't have enough common sense to figure out why a sport played with your hands open would frown upon a closed fist, you're a moron.

What's next? Why can't I pick up the ball and just toss it over in volleyball?
    You're a dumbass. This is the same sport that frowned upon dribbling, the same sport that frowned upon over hand freethrows, behind the back passes, between the legs dribbles, and on and on....

STFU.

The game evolves.

I cant believe people have to act like a douche instead of answering a f*cking simple ass question. Does this boost your self confidence? I'm all for empowering dumbasses.

I cannot fathom why someone would berate people for asking why in a situation like this.

EDIT:The rule is stupid. According to the rules, I can Judo chop the ball without a problem, but a closed fist is a no-no.

In your everlasting and kind of pathetic struggle to be right, you have completely changed your argument. See why having a demeaning tone in a light hearted thread makes you look like a BS spewing retard?

Dribbling, overhand freethrows, any sort of passing or dribbling, was never against the NBA rules. Try again, though.

Again, there'd be fewer dumb posts on the forum if people used common sense or Google. Or both.

Which is it, a sport or NBA? You mentioned both, obviously I was talking about the former, and you conveniently changed it to the latter to save what little face you have left.
    Last edited by phoenix18; 04-20-2010 at 11:05 PM.

College star

Good save!!

No, not really.

Too bad in your earlier post you said " a sport", which is what I countered or else your whole argument is invalid.

In your everlasting and kind of pathetic struggle to be right, you have completely changed your argument. See why having a demeaning tone in a light hearted thread makes you look like a BS spewing retard?

Which is it, a sport or NBA? You mentioned both, obviously I was talking about the former, and you conveniently changed it to the latter to save what little face you have left.
    Nice.

Anyways I didn't watch the game, how did the play go about. I assume it would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden695
    Nice.

Anyways I didn't watch the game, how did the play go about. I assume it would be funny.
    Just Tony Allen being silly. He tried to punch the ball to another player instead of tapping it. It was pretty nice for a punch pass. I honestly dont remember any other details because TNT stopped broadcasting the game shortly after.

Local High School Star

No you can't punch the ball. I think it is a good rule.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I knew it was a rule. Saw it called once before

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

They should revise the rule book since elbows could hit someone too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVhQAbAYmI

Hey its possible.

We had one incredibly athletic guy on our school team who was so raw when he first started that he could only rebound, and would just leap above everyone and thump the ball downcourt with his fist

Was quite effective at starting a fastbreak

You can't punch the ball. It's always been a rule. Even at lower levels or Basketball.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

It's a stupid rule. It does not mess up the ball as long as your not actually ****ing hammering the ball. It was a direct pass, so it didn't really need to be called. Either way.. Celtics dominated..