Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson trying to put spotlight on Kevin Durant "Preferential Treatment"

Phil's been doing this stuff for years. It works too.

Default Re: Phil Jackson trying to put spotlight on Kevin Durant "Preferential Treatment"

I don't blame Phil. I blame the refs for letting this crap get to them. Phil wouldn't do this if it didn't work on some level.

Doesn't matter though, Durant is gonna go off in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Phil's been doing this stuff for years. It works too.
    It won't work. One because I'm awesome and said so. And two because Durant is going to get calls because he gets fouled a lot. He shoots with people in his grill because he can shot over them and they get his arms. And he's got great handles for a big man and gets himself in the lane where they have no choice but to foul. Durants going to get 8-10 FT's a game in this series no doubt.

Durant doesn't get any more BS calls than Kobe.

Durant's good at drawing the foul, due to his quickness, length and the fact that he is looking to draw contact.

Phil's been doing this for 20+ years and time and time again, it manages to make the other team respond in anger. Will they ever learn?

It doesn't even have to do with the refs. I think Phil does it more to get under the other team's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    It doesn't even have to do with the refs. I think Phil does it more to get under the other team's skin.

Agreed.

Phil can say what he wants. The bottom line is, Kobe has got Durant-like calls and star treatment for a very long time. Regular season, playoffs, and finals. I agree with what Phil is saying, but this is like me crying about the enviroment as I'm driving around in my Hummer that I use for a DD.

It's a bi*tch move considering the amount of perennial treatment the refs have given his players in the past *Cough Jordan Cough Kobe*, but Phil knows he's being hypocritical. He's doing it intentionally to mess with the Refs, and the thing is it works. There's a reason why he will go down as one of if not the greatest NBA Coach once he's done.

What Durant says is entirely true. His game is now precipitated on getting to the line. I sort of wish he kept his response under wraps though, and just let his game do the talking.

Either way, this is only good news for us fans. It creates drama, incentive, story-lines, and ultimately thats' what we always complain about regarding the lack of when it comes to the NBA. Ultimately the Lakers will win with there size and depth, but I'm hoping Durant goes off A La Jordan 1986 against the Celtics. Having a 50+ game on national television in the playoffs would really help bring Durant out to the more general fans.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    sure he is... he is the head coach of a team heading into the playoffs... all coaches do this in some manner or will throughout the course of a game or series... name me one coach that doesn't lobby for his team with the refs.. name me just one or be quiet

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5091485
    Looks like Phil got in head. I guess his zen ish worked.

And it begins. I fully expect the Lakers to "turn it around" getting loads of preferential calls all playoffs on there way to the championship this year and next year. The Phil will rid off into the sunset with 12 rings and prove he was in fact bigger than the refs and about as powerful as Stern when it comes to outcomes.

I watch the NBA because I love basketball and I have always watched, but at some point it just gets pretty annoying knowing that you aren't going to get to see athletic competition, but some weird altered state of sport that dabbles slightly into sports entertainment.

I've been saying it for a while now, no matter how much the Lakers struggle...they WILL 3 peat. Book it.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    And it begins. I fully expect the Lakers to "turn it around" getting loads of preferential calls all playoffs on there way to the championship this year and next year. The Phil will rid off into the sunset with 12 rings and prove he was in fact bigger than the refs and about as powerful as Stern when it comes to outcomes.

I watch the NBA because I love basketball and I have always watched, but at some point it just gets pretty annoying knowing that you aren't going to get to see athletic competition, but some weird altered state of sport that dabbles slightly into sports entertainment.

I've been saying it for a while now, no matter how much the Lakers struggle...they WILL 3 peat. Book it.
    too funny

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    too funny
    Watch.

Local High School Star

Did LA get preferential calls last year?

What about game 4 against Orlando when Magic got 16 fts to LA's 2 in the 4th?

Did I see you complaining then?

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Did LA get preferential calls last year?

What about game 4 against Orlando when Magic got 16 fts to LA's 2 in the 4th?

Did I see you complaining then?
    The signature play of last years Finals is Kobe elbowing Jameer Nelson to the ground and dishing it out to Fisher for a free 3.

Last year is not a good example.

shhhhhhh

Watch.
    oh i'm sorry.. i thought you were joking