Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease spursrule's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson trying to put spotlight on Kevin Durant "Preferential Treatment"

Laker pu$$ies. Durant is a great player and he doesn't get nearly as much preferential treatment as Kobe, and he doesn't whine like a baby on the non-calls.

Typical Phil mind crap.

Default Re: Phil Jackson trying to put spotlight on Kevin Durant "Preferential Treatment"

Everyone knows that Durant gets treatement but is Phil not one to talk...

Quote Originally Posted by spursrule
    Laker pu$$ies. Durant is a great player and he doesn't get nearly as much preferential treatment as Kobe, and he doesn't whine like a baby on the non-calls.

Typical Phil mind crap.
    The days of Kobe getting the calls are long gone.

Apparently no one is watching LA games this season, because Kobe doesnt get those calls like he used to. That is for damn sure.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    The days of Kobe getting the calls are long gone.
    At least someone watches basketball

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Apparently no one is watching LA games this season, because Kobe doesnt get those calls like he used to. That is for damn sure.
    True, whenever I see Kobe when he does get to the rim he does get hit alot with no calls. Kind of shocking to see.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by spursrule

Typical Phil mind crap.
    Do guys just talk out their a$$ or is this a back up account trying to get some hate off their chest?

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Do guys just talk out their a$$ or is this a back up account trying to get some hate off their chest?
    Same reason why there are trolls, to get attention.

Magic Johnson

Good move by Phil. One, it's true. Two, this has been mentioned in the media a couple of times now. Wouldn't be surprised to see the refs consciously or subconsciously start letting defenders be physical with Durant more than they did earlier in the season.

That's what Phil does and has always done, he tries to get in the heads of his players, the opposing team, the officials, the fans, you name it and Phil's tried or has gotten in there head, I have no problem with this or trying to work the ref's to get calls, coaches do this every game. KD should get the calls he deservers, just like any player does, but we all know some players get favorable treatment and some have to have an arm chopped off to get a call. I would be surprised if Durrant get the calls in the playoff that he has gotten all year, come playoff time ref's tend to let the defenders get away with more contact, and a first time in the playoffs #8 seed against the defending champ and #1 seed; good luck getting favorable calls in that series. Phil's statements are just reminding the ref's to stick to normal procedure.

Kobe and Durant both get calls. This will continue to get blown out of proportion.

It'll be interesting to see how they ref Artest and Durant.. there are games where Artest is allowed to be physical (Nuggets), and others where he'll get called for the slightest contact.

One thing is for certain....Artest WILL be in foul trouble during this series multiple times. He was brought on for such....so I suspect he WILL be getting into Durant's ass during games, and trying to knock him off his game.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Everyone knows that Durant gets treatement but is Phil not one to talk...
    sure he is... he is the head coach of a team heading into the playoffs... all coaches do this in some manner or will throughout the course of a game or series... name me one coach that doesn't lobby for his team with the refs.. name me just one or be quiet

The posturing has begun between the Lakers and the Thunder.

Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson told reporters Wednesday that Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant gets preferential treatment from referees.

"Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya," Jackson said, according to The Oklahoman's Web site.

But Durant, who didn't get a key foul call at the end of a 140-139 overtime loss to the Jazz last week, wasn't happy with Jackson suggesting he's a pampered superstar.

"Because it's taking away from what I do," Durant said, according to The Oklahoman. "That's a part of my game, getting to the free-throw line and being aggressive. If you say that I get superstar calls or I get babied by the refs, that's just taking away from how I play. That's disrespectful to me.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5091485
    Last edited by gts; 04-15-2010 at 11:33 AM.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Phil is a B!tch when it comes to 'Conditioning Refs" about Players getting calls ect when he has one of the guys who gets away with more than just about anyone. I can already see it if they do meet Cavs in Finals "preparing Refs" on How Lebron gets all the Calls ect..