Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I don't understand the Kobe hatred

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I started to dislike him when he started doing this shit.

That's the look he had that night in Colorado!

I dont get it too. A borderline top 10 player of all time is playing in our generation people!

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Because either they are..

A) Jordan stans who absolutely hated the "next Jordan" comments back in the day, prayed for him to fail, and after his struggles in 97/98 made up their mind that he had failed and could never be close to Jordan, turned a blind eye to his later success while looking for every excuse in the book along the way to dimish him

Or

B) bran stans who began watching ball in 2011

Then there are morons like "knoeitall" who hate Kobe for proving him wrong time and time again.
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 07-19-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Yea I've never understood the Kobe hate. Dude is at worst top 8 all time and people hate him. If you claim to hate his fans then hate his fans lol but not Kobe.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    I dont get it too. A borderline top 10 player of all time is playing in our generation people!
    I don't get how anyone could like guy or admire him. He is the most fake and transparent athlete I have ever seen. It's all about him and his legacy.

Chucks all the time because he only worries about his scoring, obviously that's all he cared about is catching jabbar, can't think of another reason to chuck like that, it doesn't help his team at all.

His refusal to pass to teammates with the game on the line..then knocks guys who do pass to teammates in crunch time for a better shot. He thinks because Jordan was known to take the big shot it means he has to do it for his legacy no matter how many games his team loses because of it. I guess he like his backers have forgot the goal of a star is to get thier team a good shot at crunch time,not just teammates be damned I'm chucking.

I hate the hype around his defense which makes me hate him..I blame it on the hype machine when he entered the league, Jordan was an all time great defender and kobe was hyped to be like jordan so people automatically consider him a great defender,,my ass he USB a weak defender because he never plays it,I have seen players like mike bobby torture him for a series while people say he is a great defender.

That people think he is a lock for top 10 goat makes me hate him..how won one MVP which is about right.he is a great sorer and that's it..played on loaded teams so he got titles but went nowhere without loaded team whereas player like lebron,jabbr, and wilt challenged with week teams,,lebron year after year..

Have to take break for now..

Quote Originally Posted by Da Hammer
    Yea I've never understood the Kobe hate. Dude is at worst top 8 all time and people hate him. If you claim to hate his fans then hate his fans lol but not Kobe.
    So because he is good at basketball we are supposed to overlook the fact that he RAPED a girl?!
    Kobe has no redeeming qualities as a person, none. There is a reason why nobody wants to play with that fggt.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I started to dislike him when he started doing this shit.

What?? being up by a point in a playoff game with a minute to go??

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    So because he is good at basketball we are supposed to overlook the fact that he RAPED a girl?!
    Kobe has no redeeming qualities as a person, none. There is a reason why nobody wants to play with that fggt.
    Raping a girl isn't that bad. It's not like he left a team, and announced his decision on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Raping a girl isn't that bad. It's not like he left a team, and announced his decision on national TV.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

a loyal rapist true to his word not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

lol rape.....at best that shit was publicized adultery. look at nikkas like howard and wade. those nikkas have like 13 bastards a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    Completely unjustified if you ask me, some of the things he's criticized for make no sense...

This one really grinds my gear... Kobe's criticized for only having 1MVP, but Shaq(the man who "carried" him") only has 1 MVP and he also has less rings than Kobe, but Shaq isn't penalized for that because? The MVP is a popularity award in the NBA, whoever's the flavor of the year will win it so long as his team wins 50 games, Kobe just had shit luck of being stuck with Shaq, and then having the NBA crown Lebron all while Kobe was having Jordan like playoff numbers

How can you hate a player who came into the league at 17, compared to Jordan at 17 , man enough to shoot 4 straight air balls in the playoffs, you know how much balls you gotta have to keep on shooting in a situation like that? We've literally seen Lebron run from shots like that throughout his career(but that's the topic for my next thread )

Over 30,000 points(he may retire with the scoring record)
    5 titles(only 4 other "top 10" players have as money or more)
    2nd all time in 60 point games
    3rd all time in 50 point games
    3rd all time in 40 point games
    2 gold medals
    came back from rape charges like
    We bout to see him come back 100% from an achilles tear like "y'all thought I was finished"

Why can't y'all just appreciate da greatness....
    As a person who really liked Kobe, still do, and defended him during the rape thing, the main turn off to Kobe are his stans. For example as a Kobe fan, when I first started going to Youtube I would see comments from Kobe stans saying that he's the GOAT and that back when Jordan played teams weren't even allowed to double team. When you hear little teenagers who seriously are lacking so much basketball knowledge yet think they are 100% right, going out of their way to put down every single other players that's successful, from a Jordan, to others Lakers, and in the last 14 months Tim Duncan, it turns people off.

And look at the way you wrote your post. Painting things in a way that puts Kobe in the best light, while ignoring or being clueless about the whole picture. You say that Shaq only won one MVP, yet don't look at the context as to why, and also don't even have a clue as to how dominant Shaq was back then, in his prime. The reason why he only has one MVP is because the season that he won it he only missed 3 games, while in the other season he was missing 15 to 23 games.

You dismiss how Shaq, "the most dominant ever" was so dominant during those playoffs runs, and thus was the main focus of the defense, getting the majority of the attention, making it much easier for Kobe, and then say they were equal or close. I think back to those times, and while Kobe was a very good player, there was nobody saying they were equal. The thought didn't even come up. That's how dominant Shaq was.

Since the YouTube Kobe stans disgust me, it's disgusting seeing you say that Kobe had shit luck because he had to play with Shaquile, and then brag about how he has more championships than Shaq. It's like flash back to those Youtube teens who were too young to have seen those series, and literally thought that current old Shaq at the time = prime Shaq, and that Kobe was the man.

The main reason are his stans. For others, he's had so much success, yet so many specific flaws that other top ten don't have, and that gets too people also when they go on about him being the GOAT, and putting other players down to pump him up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    lol rape.....at best that shit was publicized adultery. look at nikkas like howard and wade. those nikkas have like 13 bastards a piece.
    And no rape accusations.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Raping another human being tends to put people off a bit.

But other than that, yeah I don't get it
    rape is actually the pinnacle of human dominance... Michael Jordan has 'raped' plenty of people.. clyde drexler, joe dumars, john starks. Hes damn near made a career out of it.

Kobe just took it to the next level.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar