Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Melo signs 5 year Max. Bosh signs 5 year Max. Lebron signs 1 year Max with Opt-Out

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    That's ironic coming from an idiot such as yourself. Lebron has opt out after first season. Not after two seasons. That means he can be a free agent as soon as next summer. Not sure if you've been living under a rock this summer or not but Melo and Bosh could easily both get max 5 year contracts next summer.
    Smh.

Lol. You are an idiot.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Melo signs 5 year Max. Bosh signs 5 year Max. Lebron signs 1 year Max with Opt-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Smh.

Lol. You are an idiot.
    Nice post. 2/5

Stay mad son

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

He's comitting to salary / cap flexibility for his new, young, improving teammates.

Can't say I expect much from a guy who's obsessed with MJ's dick size.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    That it? Don't believe every excuse you hear. You gonna trust a 2 time back stabber?
    This. Traitors can't be trusted.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

I am sure it has been pointed out, but OP is an idiot. The difference is that no one would give melo or bosh a max in two years, so they had to take all the money they could. Lebron will easily be maxed out when the new tv deal (which will probably add 10-20 million to the cap) kicks in.

My only question is this. I thought bird rights were only for 3 year contracts..... so, the cavs wont be able to go over the cap to sign him? I am sure I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    I am sure it has been pointed out, but OP is an idiot. The difference is that no one would give melo or bosh a max in two years, so they had to take all the money they could. Lebron will easily be maxed out when the new tv deal (which will probably add 10-20 million to the cap) kicks in.

My only question is this. I thought bird rights were only for 3 year contracts..... so, the cavs wont be able to go over the cap to sign him? I am sure I am wrong.
    You are an idiot. Lebron has a chance to opt out next summer. That's 1 year. Melo and Bosh BOTH could get MAX deals next summer. It's quite ironic for you to call anyone an idiot

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

There is reason for a two-yer deal, but absolutely no reason for the one-year with an opt out. None.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    There is reason for a two-yer deal, but absolutely no reason for the one-year with an opt out. None.
    Flexibility never hurts. Any kind. If it was an option and the Cavs were willing to give it, why not take it? This is pro sports. Loyalty on its own should mean little.

Now it's on the Cavs management to not screw up the rest of the roster and build a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Flexibility never hurts. Any kind. If it was an option and the Cavs were willing to give it, why not take it? This is pro sports. Loyalty on its own should mean little.

Now it's on the Cavs management to not screw up the rest of the roster and build a winner.
    The Cavs want Lebron long term. Lebron wants to commit long term just as he stated in his letter. But when it actually comes down to it, he didn't. Talk is cheap. When you talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. That's what people are upset about.

Kobe only signed for 2 years.

The Cavs want Lebron long term. Lebron wants to commit long term just as he stated in his letter. But when it actually comes down to it, he didn't. Talk is cheap. When you talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. That's what people are upset about.
    He and Love can go the Lakers after next year, then wait for Durant in 2016. Dat hatred doe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Kobe only signed for 2 years.
    With no opt out. That's twice as many years as Lebron signed for

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    He and Love can go the Lakers after next year, then wait for Durant in 2016. Dat hatred doe.
    Lakers don't want weak minded quitters like Lebron

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Lebron got the best deal for himself when it comes to flexibility. Himself. That's all that should matter when it comes to things like these. No player in any sport owes a team or city anything. Fans need to adjust their expectations and understand how things work.

melo can only dream of being able to take a gamble like that. bosh too..