Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default is it safe to say the tale of Kobe's demise has been greatly exaggerated?

before the season, all we heard was how Kobe can't carry a team anymore, not elite anymore, not even a top 5 player anymore.

I think a lot of that is just lazy speculation and journalism. We as spectators like to mold what we see into these cookie cutter narratives and we prescribe to Kobe this precipitous decline because of his age but his actual performance doesn't reflect that at all.

So far 3 games in, even with a wrist injury, Kobe is putting up 28/7/6 and with another great game at the half against the Knicks.

Even just watching him play, he's faster and has an easier time getting to the rim than last year. So maybe we should stop burying Kobe

Banned

Default Re: is it safe to say the tale of Kobe's demise has been greatly exaggerated?

It's been going on since 08.

Granted he's not the same player but he is still the best.

He makes it look so easy.

Default Re: is it safe to say the tale of Kobe's demise has been greatly exaggerated?

People saw his stats drop the last 2 seasons but didn't look at his minutes played...

Banned

The only thing is his fingers. Kobe's knees look great but his hands are f*cking terrible now. Constantly losing the ball and not being able to catch. He had a wide open look under the rim and couldn't even get a shot up because he bobbled the pass. I know he'll manage but I wish he could get whatever he got on his knee and ankle done on his fingers

Injuries have really plagued him. Once his wrist heels, I think he'll have a fantastic season (if he isn't already having one).

Well... time says that he should decline, but I guess the skills say otherwise.

Decent playground baller

He's playing great and will be an elite player for a few more years. Only question is how the nagging injuries, like the wrist, impact him long term. The wrist is especially vulnerable to serious injury right now, not to be a downer or anything.

Obviously it's early in the season, but I'm thinking he'll finish around 5th in MVP voting, maybe even 3rd behind Durant and LeBron (Howard's situation will of course hurt his chances), and he's got another great chance at getting on the all 1st team again (not for defense though).

So yes, his decline has been exaggerated. Injuries are the only thing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Injuries have really plagued him. Once his wrist heels, I think he'll have a fantastic season (if he isn't already having one).
    I can't imagine it heeling without taking some time off.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 9erEmpire
    It's been going on since 08.

Granted he's not the same player but he is still the best.

He makes it look so easy.
    Best? Best of wat?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Best? Best of wat?
    you must not watch much basketball but yet, you post on here so much.

NBA lottery pick

If I was Kobe I would have not let it get out that I went to Germany for a fix up... now everyone knows the secret.

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Hes kobe bryant why anyone would think he's done is crazy.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

I have always felt people are too obsessed with mileage. Your body still ages relative to your age. 33 sure as heck isn't young, but it's not that old either. Barring serious injury, superstars historically have still managed to be very good at 33.

i dont want a refurbished kobe. i want a team that can come out the west and beat bron and wade

i'm telling you he nor the team is not capable of that

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 9erEmpire
    you must not watch much basketball but yet, you post on here so much.

You said best like Kobe is the best in the league or something.