Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: nba2k16

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Default Re: nba2k16

This my career story is too much. Its way too corny. Almost want to return it

The PC optimization for the game is downright disgusting, can't even change the controls and currently i can't even get past the first cut scene for mycareer, and no pre order bonus. Thanks 2k

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Can change the dude's nickname in the options after his rook year.

The new free agency stuff is interesting. Although I wonder if you can still take the biggest contract and then force a trade to the team you want (while getting paid the highest you can). I just chose Dallas instead of testing because I don't want to play for some team I don't want to join and get stuck. Creating new players is going to be a pain. Going to have to sit through that crappy story again. ugh. Once I unseat Dirk and take the starter spot, I'll try out that foul out exploit from last year and see if it's fixed.

The Jordan Rec replacement is buggy shit. Reminds me of old teamup where you spend half an hour waiting for the room to fill and then it glitches out when it finally does. I'd hate to see what the servers do when it has to handle first week players in a couple days, and especially Christmas users in a few months.

And classic 2k servers losing connection right as you end games in MyTeam. Did it to be b2b while I was playing through domination and completely soured the experience. Not going to touch that shit for a while.

Going to **** around on MyGM now. Last year was straight garbage. Eventually you became so OP with the boosts that every player on your team was 90+. Hope they fixed that.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 09-26-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Banned

Watched some of the MyCareer and it doesn't look as bad as people are making it out to be, I love seeing High School and Colleges being involved in the story. I'm getting used to 2K adding stories to their MyCareer series. MyCareer used to be nothing special back in the day, everyone's MyPlayer averaged legendary stats in their career mode and the series mode used to be nothing but playing games with no real drama that adds to the story.

The gameplay is the most important thing, and nobody is even talking about it. I haven't played the game, but it looks smooth. From a visual aspect, it looks the best it's been since 2K11.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 09-26-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Banned

Anybody played 2k16 is it worth getting?

I just play single player (seasons, association) and it plays great. Some small control changes that aggravate me (it's not intuitive) but it plays great and looks great. Can't tell you about multie player or mycareer yet.

Trade AI seems smarter. I think. Chose the Jazz for MyGM (going to sim only this) and I'm not getting insane trade offers other than the Pistons seemingly wanting to salary dump Drummond. And they really milk you for all your worth now. Trying to grab every little second rounder they can from you. Wish they would copy Football Manager where you can lock things in contracts (well, it would be trades in 2k). That way you can get your deal or tell them to **** off. Because the way it is now, it's 2K's way or no way it all. They have all the control.

Only messed around for a little over an hour last night on this because I was tired and spent the first hour trying to relocate the Jazz to Seattle. It's basically a create a team and it's pretty deep. Can change every color on the court, upload your own images for logos and shit, place those on the court if you want, choose what advertisement (can also upload your own images), scoreboard, adjust the seating, the concessions, travel, create your own uniforms (again, a lot of options). I like it a lot. Too bad none of the owners are approving the move and I wasted that hour. My jerseys are sexy, and now I got to use the ugly Jazz shit.

And it does play better. Like mentioned, they adjusted for the baseline cheese in previous games. You're a lot more likely to run out of bounds. Also I can't seem to do that cheese I can't remember what it's called. Where you kind of swerve a bit and then crossover. Would beat the CPU almost every time last game. Now they stick to you, frankly, almost unrealistically. Granted, I have only played three game (all MyTeam, with crappy bronze players) and the rest is based on MyCareer where I'm using a PF who can't dribble.

Collisions are better. Both on fouls and when you're handling. My guy instantly gets stripped in Park now. His ball control is default on a PF, so it's like 40-something probably.

One thing I noticed is free throws are insanely easy. My guy's rating was in the 50s for most of the games, I don't even get near the marker a lot of the time, and I missed once or twice out of 20+ attempts. Not sure what's up with that. Been playing on Superstar.

They also still delay your inbounds. Which is incredibly annoying... Why should I get penalized because the defense isn't set yet? And I feel like mid Js are still OP. Draining them like I'm Dirk out to a step inside the 3pt line with a 60s rated shooting player. Although I did find it interesting how I couldn't miss from 3 in college and now every time I take a 3 in the NBA, it's a horrible shot and I will miss unless it's perfect. Not sure how they adjusted that. Probably giving too much crediting thinking it's because college 3pt line difference? Either way, I should not have been Nash from 3 in college when my 3pt shooting was in the 40s.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 09-26-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Watched some of the MyCareer and it doesn't look as bad as people are making it out to be, I love seeing High School and Colleges being involved in the story. I'm getting used to 2K adding stories to their MyCareer series. MyCareer used to be nothing special back in the day, everyone's MyPlayer averaged legendary stats in their career mode and the series mode used to be nothing but playing games with no real drama that adds to the story.

The gameplay is the most important thing, and nobody is even talking about it. I haven't played the game, but it looks smooth. From a visual aspect, it looks the best it's been since 2K11.
    Its flat out terrible. The acting sucks it predictable there's no choice theres 15 minute cut scenes about nothing there's no standings rookie year Theres 8 games rookie season you are forced to be black from the hood. Its ****ing retarded.

It's called MY career. You should get a choice in things not sit back watching a movie, they should have had "livin spike's dream" as a separate mode and kept mycareer on it's own. I didn't want any of the stupid decisions my character made and thought nearly every person in the story line was an obnoxious douche bag but i had no choice but to associate with them and spike even snuck in getting your shoes made in knicks colours despite you not playing for the knicks
    Last edited by outbreak; 09-26-2015 at 05:33 PM.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel

You must be retarded to not get second-hand embarrassment watching the shitty acting and hood dialogue in this fvcking NBA game.

That "swish" handshake with his sister is the corniest thing I've ever seen.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

MyCAREER can be summed up as "yo yo im black and i speak ebonics ya feel me"

OK, nevermind on the trade ai.

This is what I turned the Jazz team into before playing a game:
    Derrick Rose / Dennis Schroeder / Phil Pressey
    Avery Bradley / Mario Hezonja
    Draymond Green / Thabo Sefolosha
    Nikola Mirotic / Trey Lyles / Adrien Payne
    Rudy Gobert / Willy Cauley-Stein / Festus Ezeli

And I managed to pick up a second first in 2016, 2017, and 2018.

I had some better players, but I wanted to keep the younger guys and had a vision of what I want my team to look like which I'm not flexible on. Plus, I don't like keeping 70+ players on the deep end where I don't give pt to (in this case: Thabo, Payne, Pressey, and Ezeli - going 9 man rotation). Feel a little guilty when I do that. Probably going to drop Payne and pick up fatass Bennett just cause.

Did. Then messed around a little more.

Derrick Rose / Dennis Schroeder / Steve Nash
    Avery Bradley / Mario Hezonja
    Draymond Green / Quincy Pondexter / KJ McDaniels
    Nikola Mirotic / Anthony Bennett
    Rudy Gobert / Willy Cauley-Stein / Festus Ezeli / Walter Tavares

Picked up another second, another first, and the Knicks '16 first (which I'm banking on high lottery).
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 09-26-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    MyCAREER can be summed up as "yo yo im black and i speak ebonics ya feel me"
    for me it's "yo yo I'm the whitest black man in history and I speak ebonics while making stupid retarded decisions ya feel me"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    So wait, you really can't make decisions that matter? It's predetermined?
    Whole rookie year is 8 games with long pre determined cut scenes about you and your family.

The Spike Lee stuff is terribad. You can skip most of it though, and it ends once you get to the NBA.

tl;wr(?): MyGM sim

-Durant MVP; Russell ROY
    -Lillard, by my research, becomes the 3rd player in NBA history to average 30/10 assists (7th time, Big O did it 5 times).
    -Cavs championship over Clippers
    -Recent NBA seeding changes are in effect.
    -Relocation failure doesn't make you re-do everything again and can reapply next season.
    -Staff hire is now like player free agency period
    -Teams still draft randomly; top prospects no longer fall; draft day trading is absurd and clearly untested
    -Summer League and Hoops Summit additions are a nice touch and surprisingly polished.

---

If you're curious... (I'll just keep updating this until I finish the offseason)

1st season sim:
    MVP - Durant (29.5/8.4/8.3)
    ROY - Russell (16.3/5/5.9)
    6th - Stuckey
    DPOY - DJ
    Improved - Stauskas
    COY - Donovan
    Executive - My dude

Lillard won the scoring title, averaging 31.3 ppg. Durant at 29.5 was second. Nothing surprising, except maybe Isaiah Thomas being 15th in scoring at 21.9.

DJ was the rebounding leader at 15.8.

Lillard also was the assists leader at 10.3. Only player above 10. I guess Westbrook at 9.8 seems high. Considering Durant averaged 8.3, himself.

Think I moved too many players for standings to show anything, but just for the first season before random rookies start littering the league..
    1st - LAC (56-26)
    2nd - OKC (55-27)
    3rd - GSW (54-28)
    4th - Mem (52-30)
    5th - Utah (51-31)
    6th - Hou (49-33)
    7th - SAS (48-34)
    8th - NO (45-37)

1st - Cle (53-29)
    2nd - Miami (51-31)
    3rd - ATL (50-32)
    4th - TOR (43-39)
    5th - IND (43-39)
    6th - CHI (43-39)
    7th - ORL (41-41)
    8th - MIL (40-42)

As you can see, the recent changes to seeding are in the game (Atlanta and Miami are 2-3, same with the Clips and Warriors).

My Jazz lost in the first round, although Mirotic and Green were both injured. Kind of ****ed my entire roster build. Sidenote: Hezonja is a beast. Looking at the rookie stats, he probably was second in ROY voting. And I had him coming off the bench until Bradley got injured.

Clippers defeat Spurs in the WCF. Cleveland over Miami in ECF. Cavs in 6 over LAC. Bron FMVP (27.5/7.3/8.5).

Pop and Karl retire. Weirdly, so does Billy Donovan.

And my relocation request fails... 15 votes. Needed 16. Says I can add more stuff to change votes for next year, so I assume I don't need to restart everything, ie, rebuild the court, jerseys, and whatnot. That would be a relief.

New staff stuff. Can now steal staff from other teams and vice versa. It works like FA where you offer and they take days to reply back, rather than before where you could sign them immediately. Which is apparently more difficult as I got none of my first targets. Nor second targets. And none of third targets... Left with scraps. Tho they weren't as demanding, so I managed to get them all for 1 year, less than max contract deals. I'll do better next offseason. I did notice a lot of coaches either didn't re-sign or got fired. Blatt was in there after winning it all. Carlisle. McHale.

Drafts still don't make sense. Wiz got the top pick and they took a PG, who wasn't even the top prospect. The presentation is much better, tho. When you pick comes up they show your trade offers now. That NY pick ended up being 13... I got an offer from the Sixers where I trade my 13 for Carl Landry and the guy they selected 5th in this draft. And that wasn't the only offer of players already selected earlier in the draft. Happened again at my next pick. Should note that top 8 or so prospects aren't falling in the draft like they did in last game.

Haha, traded my 13 and something-I-forget-not-too-valuable for the Hornet's 11th pick (the guy I was targeting for 13) and a future 1st. Then at my next 1st rounder, at 23, they offered the guy they selected with the 13th after trading it for me for the 23 pick straight up. Happened again at my 25th pick. Stupid ass game. btw, didn't accept either. That guy was trash and no idea why they traded a much better player to select him in the first place.

8 highest rated option players:
    Lebron - accepted the PO
    Duncan - declined the PO
    Pau - declined the PO
    Dwight - accepted the PO
    DeRozan - accepted the PO
    Dirk - declined the PO
    Gobert - TO accepted
    Wiggins - TO accepeted

So, not bad. Tho weird that the two choosing FA are Dirk and Duncan.

Duncan, Kobe, and Dirk have no retired and are all FAs. fyi: Kobe signed with the Kings, Duncan ended up on the Lakers, and Dirk somehow ended up back in Dallas.

The summer league addition is pretty cool. Uses your younger players and you fill the rest of the roster with FAs. There's actual a schedule and then championship round like the real summer league. Jumped into one of the games and the court is legit the Magic summer league court. Although that one isn't for visitors and there's clearly an audience there. Small gripe.

Hoops Summit also nice. Tho played in MSG. Pretty sure that's played in Portland, unless they changed it.

And that's the offseason. Just checked and all my work into relocation is still there.