Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James right now is the best player of all time

lol

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    if you could read you would realize that the OP went out of his way to state that he does not rank bronzy over jordan
    The best player means most impactful player. If you are impactful then you must produce the wins or eventually the rings. So no, lebron is too far from jordan, magic. And theres more to basketball than just stats. It also considers fit. Jordan, magic produces impact while not diminishing the impact of his teammates. While lebron on the other hand reduces his teammates impact. He may produce the biggest impact in the league but if you subtract it with the reduced impact caused by him, the net impact he produces is not as great as people make it seem to be. Thats why I judged them based on off rtg coz what makes lebron overrated is his assists and points total compare to jordan/magic. But unless you think assists and points are part of defense, how come lebron doesnt produce the same off rtg as magic, jordan, durant.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    The best player means most impactful player. If you are impactful then you must produce the wins or eventually the rings. So no, lebron is too far from jordan, magic. And theres more to basketball than just stats. It also considers fit. Jordan, magic produces impact while not diminishing the impact of his teammates. While lebron on the other hand reduces his teammates impact. He may produce the biggest impact in the league but if you subtract it with the reduced impact caused by him, the net impact he produces is not as great as people make it seem to be. Thats why I judged them based on off rtg coz what makes lebron overrated is his assists and points total compare to jordan/magic. But unless you think assists and points are part of defense, how come lebron doesnt produce the same off rtg as magic, jordan, durant.
    This is a bag of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    What? The only part of your paragraph I understood was the part where you called yourself a f*gg*t.

Jrong been hating on LeBron for couple years now. I'd bump all the sob story threads you made about how hard it is to be a heat fan and how doomed the team was with LeBron on it but I don't care enough to.

LeBron, at his peak, is certainly one of the best players this game has ever seen. Where he ranks exactly is hard to say, but there hasn't been such dominance on a nightly basis since Prime Shaq; in an era loaded with perimeter talent no less.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

To the Original poster:

You're not crazy, or an idiot, or any of a number of insults people here might throw at you. I can see how someone might arrive at this conclusion.

You are however wrong and here is why.

First what do you mean by "best" and how do you quantify it?

Just to take Jordan for example (though there are others imo who's 'bests' are better than lebrons best). Jordan Clearly had a superior offensive game. In pretty much every way you can be superior. Better Shooter, Better footwork, better slasher, better post up player, better at the free throw line. the only place I see lebron being as good or better than Jordan (offensively speaking) is finishing at the rim.

Here is a fun game Ill make a list of every attribute by which you can measure or rate a player and you give the category to MJ or LBJ.... If you think of a category that I missed let me know. Ill list everything I can thiink of. Not just cherry pick stats that favor one player or another

Offense:
    Shooting-
    Midrange-
    Distance-
    At the Rim-
    Free throw-
    Post moves-
    Foot work-
    Reading the defender-
    Clutch Scoring-
    Drawing fouls
    Open Court play-
    Ball handling -
    Playing off the Ball-
    ------------------------------------------
    Defense:
    Man to Man-
    Team player on Defense-
    Cutting off Driving lanes-
    Shot Blocking-
    Getting Steals-
    Forcing Turnovers-
    Full court Defense-
    --------------------------------------------
    Passing:
    Open court passes-
    Finding open team mates-
    Fancy deceptive passes-
    Driving and Kicking-
    facilitating Ball rotation-
    Small window passing-
    -----------------------------------------
    Misc:
    Durablility-
    Rebounding-
    Consistency-
    Cluth play -
    Making teammates better-
    Knowing Time and score situation-
    Taking care of the ball-
    Adaptability-
    Athleticism-

... If you can think of other measures of a player please add them.

Samurai Swoosh

Scoring: MJ
    Penetration: MJ
    Jumpshot: MJ
    Open-court: Push
    Finishing: MJ (combo of power, finesse, and creativity)
    Offensive repertoire: MJ
    Passing: Bron
    Rebounding: Bron
    Offensive rebounding: MJ
    Defensive rebounding: Bron
    Defense: MJ
    On-ball defense (perimeter): MJ
    On-ball defense (post): MJ
    Off-ball defense: MJ
    Team defense: Bron
    Defensive versatility: Bron
    Steals: MJ
    Blocks: MJ
    Shooting: MJ
    Mid-range: MJ
    Three-point: Push (MJ's 3 ball is now CRIMINALLY underrated)
    Free-throws: MJ
    Facilitating Offense: Bron
    Handles: Push
    Dribble Moves: MJ
    Efficiency: Push
    Clutch: MJ
    Mental game: MJ
    B-ball I.Q.: Push
    Quicker Recognition: MJ
    Better teammate: Bron
    Leadership: MJ
    Heart: MJ

MJ takes the vast majority of these categories, handily.

With that said, LeBron is easily the best player IMO since MJ retired (yes, better than Shaq) and will probably go down as the 2nd greatest perimeter talent of all-time, and a top five player depending on how man MVPs and Rings he racks up.

His game is this basketball melting pot of greats. The way he can switch from Magic mode, to Pippen mode, to the occasional SUPER SCARY game 6 Jordan mode, once he finally learned at times he has to dominate.

Great college starter

Jordan Stans are almost as bad as Kobe Stans. Jordan isn't the greatest ever. He is up there, but ****. For one, his defense is ****ing overrated.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

I'm sorry people but at this moment I got LeBron.
    Numbers stats etc are not everything.
    And career wise LeBron is still far behind Jordan and Kobe for that matter.
    But when it comes to physical skill, ability, style if play....it's LeBron IMO.
    The man has Karl Malone's frame....Magic Johnson court vision and passing skills....hops like Dr J...and finishes hard at the rim like Wilkins.
    Thing he can approve on is his footwork and post play...become more of a lock down defender...and his out side J. But those are intangibles he can work on and he is getting better.
    Jordan was a scoring machine and a fierce competitor.....but physical skill and talent I would pick LeBron. It is a fair argent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Scoring: MJ
    Penetration: MJ
    Jumpshot: MJ
    Open-court: Push
    Finishing: MJ (combo of power, finesse, and creativity)
    Offensive repertoire: MJ
    Passing: Bron
    Rebounding: Bron
    Offensive rebounding: MJ
    Defensive rebounding: Bron
    Defense: MJ
    On-ball defense (perimeter): MJ
    On-ball defense (post): MJ
    Off-ball defense: MJ
    Team defense: Bron
    Defensive versatility: Bron
    Steals: MJ
    Blocks: MJ
    Shooting: MJ
    Mid-range: MJ
    Three-point: Push (MJ's 3 ball is now CRIMINALLY underrated)
    Free-throws: MJ
    Facilitating Offense: Bron
    Handles: Push
    Dribble Moves: MJ
    Efficiency: Push
    Clutch: MJ
    Mental game: MJ
    B-ball I.Q.: Push
    Quicker Recognition: MJ
    Better teammate: Bron
    Leadership: MJ
    Heart: MJ

MJ takes the vast majority of these categories, handily.

With that said, LeBron is easily the best player IMO since MJ retired (yes, better than Shaq) and will probably go down as the 2nd greatest perimeter talent of all-time, and a top five player depending on how man MVPs and Rings he racks up.

His game is this basketball melting pot of greats. The way he can switch from Magic mode, to Pippen mode, to the occasional SUPER SCARY game 6 Jordan mode, once he finally learned at times he has to dominate.
    Heart isn't really a thing you can give MJ over lebron I would say equal. They both work heavily in the off season and play to their best nearly all the time if anything MJ slacked off more partying and shit lol. You can tell how much he ended up taking the 2011 finals result to heart. I mean when you say heart that's love for the game just because you're a better player doesn't mean you loved it more. Check that one as a push. Finishing is also a push creativity and finesse mean nothing in this that's just visually pleasing and lebron certainly brought more power to it. But for productivity in finishing which is all that matters, they are tied. I agree overall tho. LeBron although not near MJ career wise, he is one of the closest to him talent wise and has solidified to me to be a top 5 talent all time.
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 01-26-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Jordan Stans are almost as bad as Kobe Stans. Jordan isn't the greatest ever. He is up there, but ****. For one, his defense is ****ing overrated.

In 1988 he led the league in steals and had more blocks than 16 starting centers in the league. Overrated indeed...

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 360crazy
    Honestly Titles are a team accomplishment....Not an individual accomplishment....To ever bring titles into the argument when discussing individual accomplishments and skills is just plain wrong and dishonest.
    Basketball is a team sport so what is exactly the point of even discussing and comparing individual player accomplishments or having all-time player lists in the first place?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach

In 1988 he led the league in steals and had more blocks than 16 starting centers in the league. Overrated indeed...
    16 Centers sucked?

Crisoner you been doing crack recently?

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Reading this forum is like watching some trashy reality show. You feel like a genius afterwards. A genius with a concussion but a genius nevertheless.