Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: Cavs officially sign Andrew Wiggins

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Once you assume Wiggins and Bennett are in it...there is nothing else worthy of being called "everything".

You have us on here talking about Georgui ****ing Deing, being saddled with a 4.5 million dollar expiring deal, and losing out on picks likely to result in Reggie Bullock, Livio Jean-Charles, and Christian Eyenga.

You get lucky now and then? sure.

Not likely enough to pass up on a deal that makes your floor...contention.

But you seem stuck on discussing the cash considerations, overseas prospects that never develop, and parking lots that get tossed into nba deals to make money work. Feel free.

I'll leave you with this....

History will remember this deal as "Kevin Love for andrew wiggins Anthony Bennet and filler". And thats assuming Bennett is ever anything worth remembering. Which he may....but we dont know.

You wanna type all night about 10th men....enjoy.
    sigh...you haven't heard a word I've said I guess.

THE CAVS CAN MAKE OTHER DEALS! IT'S NOT TRADE FOR LOVE OR NOTHING!

you want to pretend that there is a gun to the Cavs heads to either do the Love deal or never move any of there other players ever....enjoy.

You keep grading this on...either do the Love trade or nothing. That is poisoning the well so to speak. that isn't reality. if you want to debate this on either do the deal or do nothing. then lets do that. i don't know where i'd fall, but I'd be a whole lost closer to your side than I am currently if you gave me only two options. that just isn't reality...so I don't see the point of all your arguments.

also, you continue to ignore the cost of things. it's not absorbing the 4.5 million dollar deal...it's yet another asset it is going to cost to facilitate this shit. assets matter. the nuggets just got afflalo for fournier and the 56th pick iirc. Afflalo, I guess a totally irrelevant player in your opinion...even though you went on with me about how the Magic shouldn't trade him last year...LOL...that reminds me of how ****ing idiotic you were about that team building example. How did keeping Afflalo work out for the the Magic? Fournier and a 2nd rounder by holding on to him past his peak trade value...while needlessly adding wins to a team looking to get the best pick possible. good call there though. LOL

anyway...a guy like afflalo can swing titles. you put afflalo on the thunder in place of fisher/thabo? I think they win the title last year. these margins are slim. the kind of assets i'm talking about actually really do matter.

FYI...here is what you said about AA;
    Hes 28...and he just turned 28 in October so its not like hes even near 29.

Hes putting up 23/5/4 on great shooting overall and from 3.

Hes only making 7.7, 7.7, and 7.9 now and the next 3 years.

Why get rid of him at all? Is 28 too old for a rebuilding team?

Hes the age Kobe was in 2006.

People want youth so bad sometimes they just forget that guys are good players now and are likely to be for some time. I just read this in another topic about MCW...

The bold is why I don't think you understand team building all that well. Your take just doesn't make any sense...and what I was trying to warn you about actually happened. The Magic missed out on a top 3 pick in large part because they didn't go full on tank mode...and they'd held onto Afflalo too long and killed his trade value. Realized they had to trade him because he had no future on the team...and got fournier and a 56 pick back. Your strategy there could not have been worse.

So I guess I don't see how your thinking on this stuff ever makes much sense. You do it my way and they likely get a top 3 pick...and a better young asset and a first rounder. Embid vs Gordon...ROFL...franchise changing shit potentially.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 07:15 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Once you assume Wiggins and Bennett are in it...there is nothing else worthy of being called "everything".

You have us on here talking about Georgui ****ing Deing, being saddled with a 4.5 million dollar expiring deal, and losing out on picks likely to result in Reggie Bullock, Livio Jean-Charles, and Christian Eyenga.

You get lucky now and then? sure.

Not likely enough to pass up on a deal that makes your floor...contention.

But you seem stuck on discussing the cash considerations, overseas prospects that never develop, and parking lots that get tossed into nba deals to make money work. Feel free.

I'll leave you with this....

History will remember this deal as "Kevin Love for andrew wiggins Anthony Bennet and filler". And thats assuming Bennett is ever anything worth remembering. Which he may....but we dont know.

You wanna type all night about 10th men....enjoy.
    Eyenga was the 30th overall pick. I don't see why you're assuming the potential picks in the deal will be that low. The Cavs have three potential first round picks for next year... their own, the Heat's pick (top 10 protected) and the Grizz's pick (top 5 protected).

Assuming this Cavs' team is as good as some think it could be with Love, that may be a pick in the late-20s. But, are you so certain that Miami is going to be picking so low with Wade's current condition? Yeah, they still have Bosh and a decent supporting cast, but I could easily see that being a pick in the 13-25 range depending on how they work without James.

Memphis is another pick that is likely to be somewhere in the middle of the round, not at the very end.

There's a huge difference between picking 15th or even 20th and 30th overall. Those aren't assets you just toss away with little regard, especially in a deal that already includes Andrew Wiggins. It isn't just about what player those picks might yield you, either... If they don't just haphazardly toss them into this trade, they could be used in other moves down the road.

It is always wise to keep as many assets as you can, especially for a team that is going to have some very serious cap limitations in the not too distant future.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-24-2014 at 07:00 PM.

I have to say... this is starting to get interesting. Multiple sources are now saying Andrew Wiggins is not a part of any package offered by the Cavs for Love.

Cleveland radio personality:

Tony Rizzo ‏@TheRealTRizzo 16m
    CAVS contend they have NEVER offered Wiggins in a proposed trade to T-Wolves! All that false info coming from Minnesota.

Cavs beat-writer:

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 2h
    Continue to hear, despite Andrew Wiggins' name likely coming up in talks, Cavs have not offered him in any trade proposal.

Stay tuned.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

This deal is done. Will be leaked before the 30 day window.

RBA and this MAV dude won't believe the rumors.

Cavs/Wolves make it official in 30 days.

Cavs go on to do great things.

Wolves will flounder behind an overrated Wiggins who can't shoot, pass, or defend.

PB will laugh his ass off and bump many threads in the process.

All this angst about trading one of the most overrated rookies in league history for a 20/10 big is absolutely appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I have to say... this is starting to get interesting. Multiple sources are now saying Andrew Wiggins is not a part of any package offered by the Cavs for Love.

Cleveland radio personality:

Tony Rizzo ‏@TheRealTRizzo 16m
    CAVS contend they have NEVER offered Wiggins in a proposed trade to T-Wolves! All that false info coming from Minnesota.

Cavs beat-writer:

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 2h
    Continue to hear, despite Andrew Wiggins' name likely coming up in talks, Cavs have not offered him in any trade proposal.

Stay tuned.
    Woj and Rizzo himself have said Cavs have included Wiggins in talks.

Keep grasping @ straws

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    This deal is done. Will be leaked before the 30 day window.

RBA and this MAV dude won't believe the rumors.

Cavs/Wolves make it official in 30 days.

Cavs go on to do great things.

Wolves will flounder behind an overrated Wiggins who can't shoot, pass, or defend.

PB will laugh his ass off and bump many threads in the process.

All this angst about trading one of the most overrated rookies in league history for a 20/10 big is absolutely appalling.
    You don't want to get into a thread-bumping contest. I distinctly remember you saying Kyrie Irving wouldn't amount to anything. Now apparently he's going to be a key cog on a championship roster?

Yes, threads shall be bumped indeed if that were to happen.

Woj and Rizzo himself have said Cavs have included Wiggins in talks.

Keep grasping @ straws
    Woj said "according to sources." Those sources could have been from the Timberwolves, who are apparently leaking like busted faucets at the moment. And, Rizzo is saying right now that the Cavs have denied any and all Wiggins reports. That's his latest take.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

On Aaron I dont even know what you think has happened. the Magic won like 22 games and the team that got the #1 pick won 30 something. As I told you then its a crapshoot. You are a 20 something win team...you dont need to worry about getting worse. They could have won MORE games and walked away with #1. I dont concern myself with playing for lottery balls and I never have.

You don't want to get into a thread-bumping contest. I distinctly remember you saying Kyrie Irving wouldn't amount to anything. Now apparently he's going to be a key cog on a championship roster?

Yes, threads shall be bumped indeed if that were to happen.
    I said he was overrated compared to his hype which gets brought up daily on ISH. I never said he was garbage. Its basically the same thing I'm saying about Wiggins.

On Aaron I dont even know what you think has happened. the Magic won like 22 games and the team that got the #1 pick won 30 something. As I told you then its a crapshoot. You are a 20 something win team...you dont need to worry about getting worse. They could have won MORE games and walked away with #1. I dont concern myself with playing for lottery balls and I never have.
    It's your strategy dude. It was horrible.

Why keep Affllalo when his trade value was at it's peak? It's not a crap shoot actually. They missed out on having the 3rd pick by 4 wins. Afflalo had an EWA of 7.

Are you really going to defend your position? How can you not just admit you were wrong.

The Magic did your strategy essentially and they ended up with Fournier and a 2nd rounder...

If you can't admit you were wrong there...I give up.

The Magic added needless wins and didn't move Afflalo at his peak. It is very conceivable that the Magic would have had the 3rd pick, a young asset or two, and an extra first rounder if they had moved him when they should have.

Fournier and a 2nd rounder while hurting your draft pick with a clear drop after the top 3. Great call...I won't you calling the shots for my team. Lets keep Afflalo and drive up his value...and either be forced to overpay him or essentially let him walk...or keep him so he only has 1 year left and nobody really is gonna offer much for a 1 year rental before he gets paid...in large part due to his stats on a bad Magic team that was trying to be horrid.

Ugh...worst strategy possible.

This AA thing is perfect to illustrate my points. You couldn't see the obvious. The Magic needed to move him because they didn't want to deal with paying him this coming off season. A smart team builder identifies that before last year...least AA play and get great numbers early on...and then flips him to a contender that gets him for 2 full playoffs. You didn't see that...and if you had been i charge of the magic. they are in a bad spot off of that action.

just like you aren't seeing that this cavs team doesn't have to trade for love...and if they gutted the entire team like you are saying...they will be ****ed on defense for at least the short term.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Woj said "according to sources." Those sources could have been from the Timberwolves, who are apparently leaking like busted faucets at the moment. And, Rizzo is saying right now that the Cavs have denied any and all Wiggins reports. That's his latest take.
    Rizzo said the day LeBron signed that Wiggins was being included in talks by the Cavs. He's contradicting his own report.

Whatever.

Wiggins is in the deal.

I said he was overrated compared to his hype which gets brought up daily on ISH. I never said he was garbage. Its basically the same thing I'm saying about Wiggins.
    I predict you're going to be all over his ball sack this season. And, he wasn't even that hyped. There was a legitimate back-and-forth over whom the Cavs should take, Irving or Derrick freaking Williams.

It took people months to realize how ridiculous he was out of the gates in his rookie season.

How was that "hyped"? If anything, he was underrated in retrospect prior to that draft. The hype didn't really start until his second season.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So....not simply giving up is the wrong way to go...yet a bad team that didnt simply give up won 33 games and got the #1 pick? Coincidentally...to pair him with anothr #1 pick they got from the Clippers who won 32 games. The very year after the Bulls won 33 games...and got #1. And hell if the Blazers didnt get #1 winning 32 games the year before that.

Tanking works when it works. It doesnt when it doesnt. Its the nature of the beast.

Throwing your season isnt proven effective when it works any more than not throwing it and bailing out is proven to work when it gets you 7 of the last 10 lottery winners.

The lottery is luck. Nothing more. I dont lean towards gutting an already bad roster in the hopes you get ____. Especially not when you are gonna win 20 something games anyway.

You get a top pick. How high....basketball gods again.

They keep busy.

Banned

Hopefully Wiggins isn't traded. I really wanna see LeBron and Wiggins together.

So....not simply giving up is the wrong way to go...yet a bad team that didnt simply give up won 33 games and got the #1 pick? Coincidentally...to pair him with anothr #1 pick they got from the Clippers who won 32 games. The very year after the Bulls won 33 games...and got #1. And hell if the Blazers didnt get #1 winning 32 games the year before that.

Tanking works when it works. It doesnt when it doesnt. Its the nature of the beast.

Throwing your season isnt proven effective when it works any more than not throwing it and bailing out is proven to work when it gets you 7 of the last 10 lottery winners.

The lottery is luck. Nothing more. I dont lean towards gutting an already bad roster in the hopes you get ____. Especially not when you are gonna win 20 something games anyway.

You get a top pick. How high....basketball gods again.

They keep busy.
    You miss the point yet again. For starters, you make the best decisions you can...and if you get unlucky or lucky...it happens. So from the jump your thought process is flawed.

But it's not even about that. It's about realizing that the Magic wouldn't want to keep AA long term. He's going to get paid...he's going to opt out this coming season and some stupid team was going to pay the shit out of him if he had stayed on the Magic driving up his value by putting up numbers on a shit team.

Knowing that the Magic didn't want to pay him...you should move him at his peak trade value because you want to get something in return. Keeping him past the deadline of last year kills his trade value because teams don't like 1 year rentals.

However, 2 years in the playoffs guaranteed for a contender? Then they'd give up a lot more.

In the end...you make bad decisions...and you end up with a worse draft pick, fournier, and the 56th pick.

When you could have potentially had a higher pick, perry jones type guys, and a top 25 pick in an upcoming draft...

The fact that you still don't get why what the Magic did with AA was so stupid is my exact point. You don't see it...the little things matter. The hell if I want my GM not paying attention to all the little things and just constantly saying..."it doesn't matter the details...this will be known as the Wiggins for Love trade"...ugh...not thanks

I'm also not sure you actually know how the lottery works either now...you make it sound like the Magic could have a bottom 2 record and wind up with the 10th pick or something. You realize that isn't how it works...right?
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 07:51 PM.