Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

I don't think Cavs will pick Jabari after they saw his workout.

Wiggins it is then.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Per Chad Ford and CBS Sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...d-cavs-workout

This is pretty interesting considering that Cleveland clearly has the better support for him going forward. Giannis is going to be a stud, Knight is going to be a good player, but aside from that there's still a lot of work to be done in Milwaukee - our coach sucks, Sanders has one foot out the door, Henson in all likelihood will be a solid big man at best. We have another year of sucking and playing the lottery until we assemble a complete young core. Whereas Cleveland has a great PG, a good SG, a good PF, good role players around them, and a great new coach coming in. I guess he might like the Bucks more because Kyrie's a bit ball-dominant and Jabari himself might not be the priority, whereas if he went to Milwaukee he'd be given the team from the start.

My biggest problem with the report is that Jabari was 255 pounds..that is just absurd, considering that he just had a workout recently where he looked pretty quick, and surprisingly athletic for his 'unathletic' reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDl9JF5hvU

That was exactly one month ago in Santa Monica for a draft workout...now he's 255 pounds and getting winded in workouts just a month later? We can attribute that to him not wanting to play for Cleveland, but that's still not enough to justify it.

What do you think? Is he tanking to avoid going to Cleveland, or is he actually as chunky and unathletic as people say he is?
    If this report is true, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for having a favorite landing spot, but I'd think it would be better just to be honest about it instead of potentially dogging it during the workout.

As you probably know, I'm leaning towards Wiggins anyway, so I think this may work out well for all parties involved. And, I worry about games getting in the way of one another with Kyrie, Parker and Dion, so if that's one of his reasons for preferring Milwaukee -- where he'd be the clear No. 1 scoring option right out of the gates -- then I may actually agree with him.

I like the Wiggins fit in Cleveland and I like the Parker fit in Milwaukee. I will say that I'm concerned about the 255 pound weigh-in for Parker. That's way too big for his build/frame at this stage. Hell, I thought his weight of 235 at Duke was too big. I wouldn't exactly call it a red flag, but it is concerning.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be a huge issue for him going forward and, if it's not, I like the core that you guys have in place. It makes sense on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    If this report is true, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for having a favorite landing spot, but I'd think it would be better just to be honest about it instead of potentially dogging it during the workout.

As you probably know, I'm leaning towards Wiggins anyway, so I think this may work out well for all parties involved. And, I worry about games getting in the way of one another with Kyrie, Parker and Dion, so if that's one of his reasons for preferring Milwaukee -- where he'd be the clear No. 1 scoring option right out of the gates -- then I may actually agree with him.

I like the Wiggins fit in Cleveland and I like the Parker fit in Milwaukee. I will say that I'm concerned about the 255 pound weigh-in for Parker. That's way too big for his build/frame at this stage. Hell, I thought his weight of 235 at Duke was too big. I wouldn't exactly call it a red flag, but it is concerning.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be a huge issue for him going forward and, if it's not, I like the core that you guys have in place. It makes sense on paper.
    From watching him play at Duke I felt the 235 was a bit much as well. I felt he needed to lose about 10 pounds of body fat and get about 5 pounds of muscle realistically.

I dont believe it.

No way anyone WANTS to go to Milwaukee.

Very good NBA starter

Inb4 Jabari ends up on the sixers instead

Very good NBA starter

235 lbs was too big for a 6'9/6'10 guy?

255 lbs is definitely surprising though. How the hell does a college athlete gain 20 lbs in a couple months?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s

255 lbs is definitely surprising though. How the hell does a college athlete gain 20 lbs in a couple months?
    Yes. He looked like he could stand to lose some weight at Duke. I'm not basing that on the number itself, but by watching him play. The idea that he has added 20 pounds since then is a little scary.

NBA lottery pick

Next we

Very good NBA starter

Yes. He looked like he could stand to lose some weight at Duke. I'm not basing that on the number itself, but by watching him play. The idea that he has added 20 pounds since then is a little scary.
    im guesing they lied about his weight at duke. He was probably 245+

Banned

guys saying that cleveland is better than milwaukee are missing the point that he's met with the staff of both teams and may have found he preffered one teams attitude and staff more than the other. Isn't just a choice between cities or where you think you will win, for a young kid a big part would be where he feels the most comfortable and at home. Not really his choice though and I doubt he actually tanked his work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s

How is it possible given the upcoming draft?? I don't get it. I don't like this kid no more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    How is it possible given the upcoming draft?? I don't get it. I don't like this kid no more.
    where did these weights come from though? I'm guessing one is from "sources" or possible one is an old weight from college?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Its not that hard to gain or lose 20 pounds in a matter of months. Just cant do it with muscle. You can vary 4-5 pounds either way in a week. He might be 15 or so pounds up. And who knows how much is muscle?

He might plan to go to work in the post. If the team wants him slimmer im sure it can be done. Guys his size shed weight quickly.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Jabari wants to play in Milwaukee because his father (who lives in Chicago) has been having some health issues and can't travel very far. Milwaukee is but hop, skip and a jump from The C.H.I.

Also guys, Jabari recently measured out at 6'9" ... verified by multiple independent sources. 255 for a guy 6'9" is not bad. That said, he clearly tanked the Cleve workout on purpose and will quickly get down to his usual playing weight of 240/245.

^^^In what world is intentionally "tanking workouts" a good thing?

It would be a totally unprofessional thing to do.