Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

Default FACT: if Melo stays in NY he will never get past LeBron's Cavs or the Bulls

plain and simple. I do not see any way that Melo could beat either Chicago or Cleveland in the foreseeable future; and don't give me any of this "Zen Master" nonsense. Phil Jackson so far has done literally nothing to truly improve NY short or long term.

if he truly cares about winning; Chicago is the obvious spot, period. if he stays in NY, it's obvious that he stayed for the money and not because he believes the Knicks' future. and if that's the case, than he shouldn't have gone parading around announcing that his only intention is to win; it makes him look like a dirtbag and a total liar.

I rep Lakers!

Default Re: FACT: if Melo stays in NY he will never get past LeBron's Cavs or the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBombs
    plain and simple. I do not see any way that Melo could beat either Chicago or Cleveland in the foreseeable future; and don't give me any of this "Zen Master" nonsense. Phil Jackson so far has done literally nothing to truly improve NY short or long term.

if he truly cares about winning; Chicago is the obvious spot, period. if he stays in NY, it's obvious that he stayed for the money and not because he believes the Knicks' future. and if that's the case, than he shouldn't have gone parading around announcing that his only intention is to win; it makes him look like a dirtbag and a total liar.
    Lakers are his best chance.

Bulls are short term and won't win next year anyway. A core of Melo/Noah/Rose is not winning a championship. Rose needs time to adjust the way he plays because if he doesn't he'll just injure himself again. Noah will sign for big bucks next year and that will be it. We already see how no free agents want to play in Chicago.

Lakers have great players here already and flexibility going forward.

Default Re: FACT: if Melo stays in NY he will never get past LeBron's Cavs or the Bulls

If he stays in New York... forget just the Cavs and Bulls.

He's not getting past Atlanta, Washington, Miami, Indiana, Charlotte, and Toronto if all those teams are healthy. The Knicks are probably looking outside the playoff picture again.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Lakers are his best chance.

Bulls are short term and won't win next year anyway. A core of Melo/Noah/Rose is not winning a championship. Rose needs time to adjust the way he plays because if he doesn't he'll just injure himself again. Noah will sign for big bucks next year and that will be it. We already see how no free agents want to play in Chicago.

Lakers have great players here already and flexibility going forward.
    hold on, a Rose/Melo/Noah core won't win a championship, while a 36 year old Kobe coming off two severe injuries provides Melo with a better chance? you can't be serious.

if the Lakers do sign Melo then they won't be able to afford any other pieces, and they will probably be a 5-seed in the West at best.

It's Kyrie's team.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    It's Kyrie's team.
    Heat fan in meltdown mode.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBombs
    hold on, a Rose/Melo/Noah core won't win a championship, while a 36 year old Kobe coming off two severe injuries provides Melo with a better chance? you can't be serious.

if the Lakers do sign Melo then they won't be able to afford any other pieces, and they will probably be a 5-seed in the West at best.
    Severe injuries??? You mean like tearing your ACL in your left knee and tearing your meniscus in the right knee?

Yes Kobe rested the whole year like he needed to do and game can adjust

NBA Superstar

who cares. i'd rather be King of New York

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Will bump for future lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Severe injuries??? You mean like tearing your ACL in your left knee and tearing your meniscus in the right knee?

Yes Kobe rested the whole year like he needed to do and game can adjust
    just like he adjusted coming back from his first injury, right? how well is he going to adjust with another scorer this time?
    also, you're forgetting that Kobe is 36 and D-Rose is 25...
    even if he "adjusts", he will play no where near the level required for a championship caliber run.

meanwhile, all D-Rose has to do is shake the rust off and stay healthy. did you watch his few games this season? his athleticism was virtually unchanged, he wasn't playing well due to taking a whole season off.

The Knicks will be much better than the bulls after the trade for Larry Sanders

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    The Knicks will be much better than the bulls after the trade for Larry Sanders
    What a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    Heat fan in meltdown mode.
    Sucks he left, but I'm over here having a laugh about it. I'm excited anyway. New team to watch.

Sucks he left, but I'm over here having a laugh about it. I'm excited anyway. New team to watch.

Sucks that he left and true heat fans like yourself suffer the most.

I guess the Cleveland promise was bothering him a lot.

Right.

And then the "It's Kyrie's team" comment. He's led them to 33 wins. Clearly it's his squad, his hometown.