Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Game Thread: Dallas Mavricks (2-1) vs Los Angelas Lakers (2-2) on NBATV

Honestly at this point I don't know what the lakers do moving forward.

Who will want to play for D'Antoni? Most players don't seem to enjoy him as a coach. And his style of play doesn't win anything. It's the exact OPPOSITE of what you should do as a basketball team to win in this league.

Kobe is older and who knows when he'll return? Even when he does, he himself shouldn't be playing D'Antoni ball.

Nash is DONE. No doubt about that. Bad trade.

Wtf do you do with this mess?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Game Thread: Dallas Mavricks (2-1) vs Los Angelas Lakers (2-2) on NBATV

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Monta Ellis

30/3/9 11-14 fg 8-8 FTs
    Wow. He is dominating.

Mavs for HCA!! Vince with a bad game but still, 8 points and 3 assists not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

Wtf do you do with this mess?
    This team needs to get rid of every bad contract:

1- Nash
    2- Gasol

While they hold any value.

3- Then get a real coach, even if they need to pay 3 coaches at the same time.

If we want a team with contending chances that is.

Those are the 3 fundamentals.

It's funny to think that if not for David Stern the Lakers right now would likely consist of Kobe, Chris Paul, and Dwight Howard. lol.

Shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Monta Ellis

30/3/9 11-14 fg 8-8 FTs
    against Steve Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Lakers going to give up 120 points at this rate.

Can't stand when D'Antoni plays Nash and Blake together

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Nov. 5 Game Thread: Dallas Mavricks (2-1) vs Los Angelas Lakers (2-2) on NBATV

Mavs really could be a great regular season team if they stay healthy. We are playing well so far and the defense is slightly better than I thought.

Hopefully getting Wright back will help on that front. The problem is that Dalembert can only go for roughly 25 minutes or so per game. I'm not sure Wright and Blair can fill in well enough on defense without him.

Somehow picking up a legit backup center that would allow Wright and Blair to play the 4 more often.

I also think Harris and potentially Larkin could add a nice spark plug off the bench. Mekel actually looks very good so far though.

All and all this Mavs team will go as far as Ellis and Dirk take it. So far that pick and roll looks close to unstoppable with the floor spread and off ball movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    This team needs to get rid of every bad contract:

1- Nash
    2- Gasol

While they hold any value.

3- Then get a real coach, even if they need to pay 3 coaches at the same time.

If we want a team with contending chances that is.

Those are the 3 fundamentals.
    Gasol is expiring. Unless you can get a lottery pick and a young player on a rookie contract, just let him expire.

Nash, cut his ass. Take the cap it or whatever.

Next season, with nobody on the roster, sign 3 max free agents and do it!

Default Re: Nov. 5 Game Thread: Dallas Mavricks (2-1) vs Los Angelas Lakers (2-2) on NBATV

Lakers without Kobe.

I mean I expected this, but cmon Lakers. Everybody lookin soft without Kobe. Mavs look good though, Ellis balling leading Mavs this year. I haven't been this excited to watch Mavs since they Had 2 Time MVP Nash, 25ppg type player Finley, and Dirk on the same team. Mavs been stacked for the longest during Dirks career aside from last year with all the injuries. They need to cut Vince though.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Lakers without Kobe.

I mean I expected this, but cmon Lakers. Everybody lookin soft without Kobe. Mavs look good though, Ellis balling leading Mavs this year. I haven't been this excited to watch Mavs since they Had 2 Time MVP Nash, 25ppg type player Finley, and Dirk on the same team. Mavs been stacked for the longest during Dirks career aside from last year with all the injuries. They need to cut Vince though.
    Yea. It's too bad Kobe is injured. Would be interesting to seem him play more years without the absurdly stacked rosters he's always had.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yea. It's too bad Kobe is injured. Would be interesting to seem him play more years without the absurdly stacked rosters he's always had.
    Yea, I miss Artest avg 11ppg 4ast, Bynum 6ppg 3reb, and Odom 9ppg 8reb. and Fisher being our starting PG.

But yea, Wish Kobe was back.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Still trying to push that agenda I see

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Yea, I miss Artest avg 11ppg 4ast, Bynum 6ppg 3reb, and Odom 9ppg 8reb. and Fisher being our starting PG.

But yea, Wish Kobe was back.
    Welcome to normal life in the NBA without stacked teams brah...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Still trying to push that agenda I see
    If Dirk's teams are stacked like Brans said...I don't know what you call Kobe's teams throughout his career.

Insanely stacked? Super stacked? Absurdly stacked? Not sure...