Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default How is the new Ghostbuster film?

Anyone watch it?

How does it compare our beloved original?

I don't like to go watch remakes and I remember how hyped everyone was for this remake but I don't see threads about it.

Default Re: How is the new Ghostbuster film?

Its not a remake, its a reboot. A remake involves telling the same story as the first one but with new actors. That's not this film. This is a new story that just reimagines the franchise.

I just added my review to the Rate stickied thread. I gave it a 6/10; mixed bag of good, decent, not good and downright dumb...to me, the same as the original. I think the original gets a lot of nostalgia-driven inflating as far as its rating goes.

Honestly... One of my favorite movies of the summer.

It has it all. Drama, comedy, action. Lots of great performances all round on the acting front. A big win in the reboot format.

I highly recommend it!

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Honestly... One of my favorite movies of the summer.

It has it all. Drama, comedy, action. Lots of great performances all round on the acting front. A big win in the reboot format.

I highly recommend it!
    I agree, I usually groan when classic movies are 'redone' in any way, but I think they did their due diligence with this. The ladies were great, the action was plentiful and the cameos are nicely done.

It's a great movie, definitely exceeded my expectations

As crappy but enjoyable as the original. Using only women actually made it better.

#IamaFeminist
    #VomitedalittleinsidemymouthasIwrotethispostLol

   

pretty cool that they had five of the seven main actors come back for cameos. only ramis (deceased) and moranis (retired) were missing.

i saw the trailer and it looked like the new girls had good chemistry. that's probably the most important thing. the movie itself could be almost any kind of hollywood comedic adventure with the usual CGI FX and formulaic plot, but it would still be decent because of the chemistry.

i don't think anyone's going to top bill murray's and the rest performance, particularly the buzz between he and sigourney weaver, but like others have said, ghostbusters was more of a fun original romp than some kind of cinematic classic.

pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    pretty cool that they had five of the seven main actors come back for cameos. only ramis (deceased) and moranis (retired) were missing.
    A bust of Harold Ramis was shown right near the beginning as Tywin Lannister is walking out of Kristeen Wiig's office.

Hmm I watched a review of angry joe on YT and he sh!t on this film bad ,I guess Ill wait to download this most are saying it aint bad.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    A bust of Harold Ramis was shown right near the beginning as Tywin Lannister is walking out of Kristeen Wiig's office.
    that's great. he had an underrated role as both character and creator.

i think the only major guy i forgot was the bad guy city official who almost suffocated when a tonne of shaving cream fell on him. um...

EDIT: william atherton as walter peck.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

havent seen it (yet?). and normally this type of movie doesnt speak to me, but im a paul feig fan. so i have no doubt theres some quality writing in it.

I'd say it's sort of like The Accused, only Jodie Foster got more laughs on the pinball machine than any female in this movie.

It was literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I got a headache the movie was so annoying. I wanted to walk out and numerous people did, but the person I was with didn't want to go.

The jokes aren't funny.
    The CG is bad.
    There is a pointless original cast cameo every three minutes.
    The movie is sexist. Every male character is either dumb as a sack of rocks or outright evil. [spoiler in white][COLOR="White"]The beat the main villain by shooting him in the balls.[/COLOR][/spoiler in white]
    The movie is racist, there are basically 2 black characters in the movie, one is loud and obnoxious, the other (original cast member) is that character's uncle.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    It was literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I got a headache the movie was so annoying. I wanted to walk out and numerous people did, but the person I was with didn't want to go.

The jokes aren't funny.
    The CG is bad.
    There is a pointless original cast cameo every three minutes.
    The movie is sexist. Every male character is either dumb as a sack of rocks or outright evil. [spoiler in white][COLOR="White"]The beat the main villain by shooting him in the balls.[/COLOR][/spoiler in white]
    The movie is racist, there are basically 2 black characters in the movie, one is loud and obnoxious, the other (original cast member) is that character's uncle.
    Out of curiosity, how did the older cast cameos work? Like, say, how was Bill Murray's character worked into the storyline?

Good college starter

It's bad, but not as bad as the people "against PC" make it out to be