Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: [BREAKING]Chris Paul : A boycott is a real possibility

No one is gonna sit out. They're trying to force the league to get scared and do some strong-arm tactic stuff with Sterling. I'm not even sure that's possible.

But as many have pointed out, Sterling had a history of bigotry. Why sign there if it apparently means so much to you? Also, as Bagel pointed out, have none of them (Clippers) ever said anything offensive while in private?

This is a total non-story and non-issue.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Believe it when I see it. Doubt Chris Paul will turn down his money for those games he boycotts.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Silver, the NBA, Clippers players still need to be called out for lying about not knowing Sterling's history.

If a bunch of nobodies like us on ISH knew about his history, how does a couple of hundreds of multi-millionaires didn't know?

Now all the sudden, the masses, the non-NBA/non-sports people know about his history too and they're gonna start acting like a bunch of noble freedom fighters or something? GTFO here with that bullshhht.....They let Sterling to continue his "racist" ways for over a decade.
    Too right.

CP3 looks like a despicable person here. He didn't bat an eyelash when he signed on for 5 years and 100millions. Sterling had already solidified his rep as a scumbag through several highly publicized incidents. I suspect he's manipulating public opinion by shifting focus away from his own failures on the court to the evil racist white man.

The players union is so ****ed come the next CBA if CP3 is still in charge

Chris Paul is such a whiny little bitch. Shut the **** up and collect your massive paycheck. Nobody feels bad for you.

The guy acts like he's some kind of victim. It's pathetic.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 07-25-2014 at 11:14 AM.

haha cp3 is such a whiny bitch id love for them to boycott every game and go 0-82

like who do you think you are teaching a lesson to? your fans who also hate donald sterling, support you and but your jersey? or the nba who went to great lengths in an attempt to fine and ban sterling?

cp3 needs to figure it out, all that would do is dissapoint thousands of clippers fans

NBA All-star

I don't know if the fans get the fact that him saying a boycott isn't just a big fat f*ck you to Sterling, but to the fans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    business owners aren't nessecarily leaders

lack of leadership happens everywhere, as well as during different time periods.

the possibility of people getting paid, while Sterling is ousted, exist.
    No shit, irregardless nothing will come out of this. Just like they were going to boycott last season. Its all a facade. No one is doing jack shit but blowing smoke.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    No shit, irregardless nothing will come out of this. Just like they were going to boycott last season. Its all a facade. No one is doing jack shit but blowing smoke.
    remind me not to ask you to predict any player movement

Paul is bluffing. They aren't going to boycott.

And if so, why stop there? Why not give back all the money the Clippers paid you because after all, it was still Donald Sterling that owned the team - you're paying your bills with "racist" money.

In actuality, Chris Paul will be fine financially if he boycotts.

But what about the dudes at the end of the bench making the minimum. You really think those guys want to do the same? How will this boycotting affect them and their families?

The whole thing is a big joke, from Adam Silver, to the Sterlings, to the Lebron's and Chris Pauls talking about "boycotting."

Serious playground baller

CP3 is one of the biggest racists in the NBA that little hooker.

But he keeps taking the pay check because hes all talk. I would have a shred of respect if he said cancel each paycheck, not put on hold, CANCEL each one until hes out. That shows some actual balls.

Demands black coach or he wont play, refuses to play for owner who asks GF to not take photos with black men. Something seems a bit off in this game of "im an entitled douche."

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    remind me not to ask you to predict any player movement
    duly noted lol... youll see when hes the owner do to legal actions and maybe they skip a game or do absolutely like i said.

lets see these guys stop cashing these checks. Not gonna happen, they're paid millions to play a game not be activists(albeit i do believe all things sterling has done it wrong but hey, everyone has prejudices.)

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Silver, the NBA, Clippers players still need to be called out for lying about not knowing Sterling's history.
    I never said I didn't know. The issue is, what was I supposed to do? Sterling is making it difficult to get him out now, how do you think I was supposed to get him out the moment I took over as commissioner?

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

he's just throwing a tantrum

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar