Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Bledsoe and Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Did you watch the East last season, bruh? I mean they wouldn't be lock, be they certainly would have a shot at it.

And which playoff team from LAST year would that team be better than, let alone the fact that now the Cavs are a playoff team in addition to last years 8.

That Bucks team has no chance even with Bledsoe. Its not a good squad. Bledsoe is a role player and so are all of them, and theyre too young, and theyre not deep, and Kidd is coaching.

Its not a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    And which playoff team from LAST year would that team be better than, let alone the fact that now the Cavs are a playoff team in addition to last years 8.

That Bucks team has no chance even with Bledsoe. Its not a good squad. Bledsoe is a role player and so are all of them, and theyre too young, and theyre not deep, and Kidd is coaching.

Its not a playoff team.
    Role players don't average 18/6/5 on 48 percent shooting for 48 win team in the WC. You're underrating Bledsoe.

NBA Legend

Role players don't average 18/6/5 on 48 percent shooting for 48 win team in the WC. You're underrating Bledsoe.

I guess our definition of role player is different.

In my opinion, if you're not elite, you're a role player. Guys who combine volume scoring WITH efficiency, AND do other things at a high level are elite. Lebron, Duncan, Shaq are the only truly elite studs of the post-Jordan era in my opinion. There is no logical grounds to call them role players because having them on any team makes that team at least a contender. Players who can do that for ANY team in the league is an extremely short list.

Guys who who aren't known for their all-around game but can score volume WITH great efficiency and are matchup problems are borderline elite. Dirk, Durant. Or a guy who is a great scorer with volume and efficiency and a rebound monster like Barkley. Or a KG. And point guards who maybe can't actually carry a contender but can really push them to overachieve like a Kidd or a CP3.

I mean bro, basketball is a team game, and unless you're truly special you need to be playing your role within the team concept. It doesn't mean you aren't a good, valuable player. Bledsoe, Carmelo, Love, Bosh, Derozan, even going back to prime Ginobili, Vince, Pierce etc. you don't put these guys on a team and just say "make something happen" and expect it to get anywhere. They are ROLE PLAYERS. It doesn't matter if the media wants them to play hero ball and chuck for stats so that they can sell shoes. The actuality is they are ROLE PLAYERS. And if they don't play their role, if they try to do more? Well, go look at how successful those guys have been in circumstances like that. Because they haven't been.

Stats mean next to nothing. How badly did the Clippers regret that big contract to Kaman after he had one good statistical season? Was Kaman a superstar? No. Bledsoe is a nice piece, but the point of basketball is winning and no team will contend with Bledsoe being anything more than a ROLE PLAYER.

I guess our definition of role player is different.

In my opinion, if you're not elite, you're a role player. Guys who combine volume scoring WITH efficiency, AND do other things at a high level are elite. Lebron, Duncan, Shaq are the only truly elite studs of the post-Jordan era in my opinion. There is no logical grounds to call them role players because having them on any team makes that team at least a contender. Players who can do that for ANY team in the league is an extremely short list.

Guys who who aren't known for their all-around game but can score volume WITH great efficiency and are matchup problems are borderline elite. Dirk, Durant. Or a guy who is a great scorer with volume and efficiency and a rebound monster like Barkley. Or a KG. And point guards who maybe can't actually carry a contender but can really push them to overachieve like a Kidd or a CP3.

I mean bro, basketball is a team game, and unless you're truly special you need to be playing your role within the team concept. It doesn't mean you aren't a good, valuable player. Bledsoe, Carmelo, Love, Bosh, Derozan, even going back to prime Ginobili, Vince, Pierce etc. you don't put these guys on a team and just say "make something happen" and expect it to get anywhere. They are ROLE PLAYERS. It doesn't matter if the media wants them to play hero ball and chuck for stats so that they can sell shoes. The actuality is they are ROLE PLAYERS. And if they don't play their role, if they try to do more? Well, go look at how successful those guys have been in circumstances like that. Because they haven't been.

Stats mean next to nothing. How badly did the Clippers regret that big contract to Kaman after he had one good statistical season? Was Kaman a superstar? No. Bledsoe is a nice piece, but the point of basketball is winning and no team will contend with Bledsoe being anything more than a ROLE PLAYER.
    Fair enough. I guess our definitions are different. I am by no means saying Bledsoe is a superstar, but I do believe he can ultimately be an integral piece to a contending team.

I think Giannis and Jabari have the talent to be a devastating duo down the line...mix in Bledsoe in as a your 3rd option and PG, and I think you a high-potential and exciting team.

Double sign and trade.
    Both players get Mac.
    Bledsoe for Monroe.

Did you watch the East last season, bruh? I mean they wouldn't be lock, be they certainly would have a shot at it.
    Nah, they wouldn't be close. Did you watch the Bucks last year? Adding Parker and Bledsoe would not win them 30 more games than last season.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I wish..

We got Bayless and Marshall instead
    You guys will be a much better team this year, no doubt in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Shump / Early / Bargs for Monroe.

Pistons get a shooting guard and a big who can stretch the floor, opening up space for Drummond and Smith.
    Knicks get a center who'd be a perfect fit for the triangle.

Calderon / Timmy / Melo / Amare / Monroe should be enough to make them a solid playoff team in the east.
    He would be great in the triangle. Dont see the pistons letting him go for that (2nd round pick, super disappointing big [even if he is expiring] and shump)

I'm surprised somebody hasn't thrown a max deal at Monroe.

Bledsoe will end up taking that 4y 48m offer unless he's an idiot.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    You guys will be a much better team this year, no doubt in my mind

They're still not a playoff team.

If they are I will retire.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm surprised somebody hasn't thrown a max deal at Monroe.

Bledsoe will end up taking that 4y 48m offer unless he's an idiot.
    Hawks should have.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Not exactly.

Teams can sign and trade any player,

but restricted free agents can be offered contracts by other teams but the team the player is currently on has the opportunity to match the contract and retain the player. Unrestricted free agents can do what they want.

Greg Monroe and Bledsoe are restricted free agents, so basically they are confined to their teams unless someone makes a high bid on them. I think people are just gonna wait until next year where they can pay them on he open market.
    Teams can execute double S&Ts, even with restricted free agents (as far as I know). The players must agree to sign with the other squad, but if salaries match & both teams and both players consent, this is possible. Would be interesting to see if this would work for everybody.

They're still not a playoff team.

If they are I will retire.
    probably not. I wonder how much Knight loses playing time.....