Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Is Tony Parker a Hall of Famer?

LOL @ this being a real question

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

4x NBA Champion
    2007 NBA Finals MVP
    6x NBA All-Star
    3x All-NBA 2nd Team
    1x All-NBA 3rd Team

Eurobasket 2013 MVP

Eurobasket 2013 champion
    Fixed

He's a lock for the hall of fame ... a reward for all the hard work

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    parker and manu have carried this franchise to titles in 2005,2007,2014 = hall of fame lock
    Don't forget Rasho and Francisco Elson.

2014 ?? Amazing team work

Last edited by Anaximandro1; 06-24-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximandro1
    Fixed

He's a lock for the hall of fame ... a reward for all the hard work

Don't forget Rasho and Francisco Elson.

2014 ?? Amazing team work

I love how those charts have 3 columns for rebounding alone and 1 for assists. And I love how it combines blocks and steals. If there was ever a way to try and make C/PF look more important than a G, this is the way to do it.
    Last edited by ninephive; 06-24-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Its not the nba hall of fame.....its the basketball hof.
    This is the dumbest line of BS that people say.

Ever actually look at how much shit a non NBA player has to do to get in there? Manu's "international career" is mega scrub level compared to those guys.

The standard is so high it's almost unbelievable.

And not only that - not only is the standard unbelieveble, it took Oscar Schmidt YEARS to get in there.

Nick Galis STILL IS NOT IN THERE.

Kukoc is not even there.

This whole "it's the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame" line is total bullshit. NBA standard is WAY LOWER than the international standard is. You have to be a freaking GOD to get in based on international play.

Marciulionis got in this last year, and they even put a stipulation when they selected him that said, "not for play only, but for contribution to the game, due to that he created the Lithuanian national team and Lithuanian national league".

Otherwise, just based on international career and NBA, no way in hell would he have gotten in there either.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    This is the dumbest line of BS that people say.

Ever actually look at how much shit a none NBA player has to do to get in there?

The standard is so high it's almost unbelievable.

Even if we were to put a few Euroleaguers or global basketball players to help judge the committee.

I agree, it might influence the decision a bit, but how much do you think it's going to make a difference.

Should someone who has won 1 gold medal in their life been awarded into the HOF? or one player from a team who has won the gold medal had the most impact?

you've gotta take a few gold medals away from the U.S. team before you want to make the argument about the "how much shit a none NBA player has to do to get in there?"

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Why are you singling out G6 against OKC (which wasn't even an elimination game for the Spurs)? Why don't you look at the most important game of the Spurs season and ONLY elimination game, Game SEVEN against Dallas? Where was Parker? Oh, I don't know, dropping 32 and giving the team a chance to play for an NBA title. And what about the whole series against Portland where Parker torched Lilliard? Or what about Parker leading the Spurs in scoring and assists through the entire playoffs? Oh, no, let's concentrate on one game where he played the first half through injury. And it's like you're acting like the Spurs were better without him. What about the Spurs winning the other 3 games with him?i guess that doesn't matter. Maybe we should trade him....you're right...or just cut him. He's holding the Spurs back.
    responded to:

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Where was Parker? He was running the offense as usual, holding Chalmers and Cole to terrible shooting numbers, leading the team in scoring in games 1 & 5, second on the team overall in scoring, leading the team in assists, hitting the game-clinching miracle shot in G1, having one of the biggest sequences in Finals history in the last 2 minutes of G6 (tying 3 over Lebron, steal, go-ahead leaner over Chalmers, outlet to Manu for free throws twice to seal the game...and then on the bench at the end of OT for some reason, just like how Duncan got benched in regulation), and then playing through injury in G7 (the whole series really, but it kept getting progressively worse). That's where Parker was last year. Oh, and defending the Lebron AND Allen 3s at the end of regulation in G6 when no one else could seem to guard them.
    hmmm
    Last edited by Thorn; 06-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Even if we were to put a few Euroleaguers or global basketball players to help judge the committee.

I agree, it might influence the decision a bit, but how much do you think it's going to make a difference.

Should someone who has won 1 gold medal in their life been awarded into the HOF? or one player from a team who has won the gold medal had the most impact?

you've gotta take a few gold medals away from the U.S. team before you want to make the argument about the "how much shit a none NBA player has to do to get in there?"
    I don't even care about the hall of fame or how they do it, or who is in there.

All I am saying is it gets really old always seeing that "it's the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame" comment every time this hall of fame debate comes up for a non USA player.

People start claiming they will get in due to "international accomplishments" or whatever.

I'm just saying that's actually 100% complete BULLSHIT. Because they are implying an easier standard for international play for the hall of fame, when actually, it's the opposite. The have the bar set exponentially HIGHER, considerably HIGHER.

The standard for making the hall of fame from NBA is fairly low, for all players. But the standard for international play, especially for non American ones is EXTREMELY HIGH, almost impossible to obtain.

yet, someone always makes that comment about how "it's the basketball hall of fame not the NBA hall of fame" and how it's real easy to get in the hall of fame from some international play.

Someone even threw in winning the EuroBasket once in this thread.....is that a FREAKING JOKE? Guys in the hall of fame from international play win Eurobasket multiple times.

Parker won a tournament ONCE IN HIS CAREER.

Again, people make these stupid statements.

Just freaking look at the guys in there........

Drazen Dalipagic
    Sergey Belov
    Dino Meneghin
    Kresimir Cosic
    Arvydas Sabonis

I mean it takes either incredible, INCREDIBLE success with the national team, or the same in Euroleague, or some kind of combination of both.

Or it takes some kind of amazing individual out of this world domination that is just incredible

Drazen Petrovic
    Oscar Schmidt

AND ON TOP OF THAT unbelievable individual domination, a personal tragedy on top of it to force them to "honor you" - something that OTHERWISE they would NOT have done (Schmidt was waiting for years and not getting even close until his cancer).

Schmidt = brain cancer
    Petrovic = died in car crash

The mere fact that guys like Toni Kukoc and Nick Galis are not even in the hall of fame should be more than 100% proof beyond any doubt that the standard for international play is almost beyond reach and unattainable.

But NBA only fans just think the exact opposite, that it's a much lower standard than NBA.

It's just another bullshit legend created in the minds of NBA only fans.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-24-2014 at 12:18 PM.

If Tim Duncan are Manu Ginobilli are locks, then I don't see why Parker couldn't make it. Even Billups made it, a player who isn't as well accomplished as Parker.

Local High School Star

If Dennis Johnson can make it, Tony Parker definitely can.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Let me make this very simple:

There are 300+ members of the basketball Hall-Of-Fame. When Parker's career is over, he will have a legitimate case for top 50 players of all time. He's already one of <30 players with a FMVP. If he wins another one (which he would have the chance next season if he can stay healthy), that puts him on a list of 10 others with multiple FMVPs. He has 4 championships and is still in his prime. He has a very good chance to finish his career with the most playoff wins of all time. He ran what many are considering the greatest offense of all time. He was a top 5 MVP candidate for multiple seasons. And he is a fairly accomplished international player (which he did in his offseasons, not before his NBA career). Need I say more to make the case that Parker should easily make the HOF with the 300 other players already inducted?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I don't even care about the hall of fame or how they do it, or who is in there.

All I am saying is it gets really old always seeing that "it's the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame" comment every time this hall of fame debate comes up for a non USA player.
    Okay, kick out every none-NBA player. And start another hall of fame.

The Department of Education has also placed a ban on honorary degree given out by universities.

Because, it's just dellusional for someone to obtain a degree from a school they've never attended.

A better question would be whether he'll be a first ballot HOFer.

He's going to finish top 10 in playoff points and assists. Could possibly crack 20,000 regular season points. That's aside from all his other accomplishments.

Yes

the flop hall of fame, yes

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    If Tim Duncan are Manu Ginobilli are locks, then I don't see why Parker couldn't make it. Even Billups made it, a player who isn't as well accomplished as Parker.
    Ginobili is a lock?

He hasn't even been the 4th best SG in the league but for maybe once or twice in his whole career. There's a good reason why he only has 2 AS appearances. If he makes it, it will only be because his legacy is tied to Duncan's. Dennis Johnson was a 5 time AS and he only barely made it in.

And FYI, Billups played for the Pistons this past season. You aren't eligible for the HOF until 5 years after retirement.