Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    sadly, in order for the Lakers to do that, they need to get rid of Artest garbage ass
    other than Kobe, Artest the only other perimiter defender they have.

Banned

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

ill kill myself if mike b plays kobe and nash enough to achieve this

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    ill kill myself if mike b plays kobe and nash enough to achieve this
    Not something to worry about.

When teams go on these types of ungodly runs it's usually more because the team is clicking and not because of maximum effort or playing time. It's usually because everyone on the team who isn't a star is in a zone and playing above their heads.

I read Phil Jackson was actually playing the starters a little less and trying to rein in the players during that 72 win season but it was a team that was playing at such a high level they couldn't lose if they tried.
    Jerry West has said similar things about the 33 game win streak. He credited role players for coming in and carrying the torch on off nights.

Starters alone don't carry teams on these marches

BTW I don't think the Lakers have a chance at tying or breaking that record. But if they did it wouldn't be because the starters carried the team the whole season, It has to be a total team effort
    Last edited by magictricked; 09-18-2012 at 12:43 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Didn't he also make big guarantees the last two years when the Lakers were out early in the playoffs? Not going to happen. What people don't seem to value around here is chemistry and experience as a UNIT. The Bulls had multiple years together as a core and had won titles BEFORE the 72 win season.

The Lakers have a newly constructed roster in comparison with two of their top four being new to the team. 60-65 wins would be a great achievement considering this is their first year together, and that's far more realistic of an expectation.

Aside Jordan and Pippen, it was a completely new bulls in 1996, so it is possibly for the laker

Healthy Lakers team has a chance to beat that record but who cares.. I rather have the 6 rings that will cement Kobe as the GOAT than the record..

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Healthy Lakers team has a chance to beat that record but who cares.. I rather have the 6 rings that will cement Kobe as the GOAT than the record..
    Hahahaha you wish...

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

teams that finish with the best record in recent years got bounced out real fast

rings mean more than regular season awards

Quote Originally Posted by sekachu
    Aside Jordan and Pippen, it was a completely new bulls in 1996, so it is possibly for the laker
    Uh. I think you need to check again. Dennis Rodman was the nly new player to that Bulls roster.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Winning 70+ games in today's NBA is unrealistic considering the league today is stronger than it was in 1996.

Now just wait until one of them says "It's gon' be easy"

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143

LOL WUT?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Winning 70+ games in today's NBA is unrealistic considering the league today is stronger than it was in 1996.
    But for some reason, you refuse to give an opinion as to why the Bulls were able to win 55 games pre expansion of 96. Without Jordan, a lesser power forward in Grant, a rookie Kukoc, and a lesser PG in Armstrong

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    But for some reason, you refuse to give an opinion as to why the Bulls were able to win 55 games pre expansion of 96. Without Jordan, a lesser power forward in Grant, a rookie Kukoc, and a lesser PG in Armstrong
    Was that the same year Atlanta won 57 games despite Dominique Wilkins missing 30+ games? The league wasn't that strong.

College star

It was a weak era.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Uh. I think you need to check again. Dennis Rodman was the nly new player to that Bulls roster.

Ron harper, toni kukco, steve kerr, Luc longley were not part of the first 3peats members. The bench players were completely changed too, so I considered this is a new bulls to win 72 games.