Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is currently the best player in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    NYK need to trade Amar'e or amnesty him. He and Melo cannot co-exist. Two years have proven this.
    They already used their amnesty on Chauncey

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

only because lin is linjured

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    only because lin is linjured

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    You took your time typing this post. You even edit it 15 minutes later. Guess what? You still sound like a ****ing idiot. Keep on ranting. I don't remember shit about you. Just that one post in particular. If anything that speaks volumes of how pathetic, comical, and worthless that post was. And I lol'd after reading your garbage once again. Its really pathetic that you feel that way.
    You pretty much had nothing to say in your reply aside from the fact that youre upset. Boohoo wahhhhh somebody doesnt like your team and it rubbed you the wrong way lmao. "wahhhh somebody doesnt like my Rockets wahhhhhh". Youre retort mirrors that of a 5 year olds temper tantrum, alot of noise and whining but when its over nothing of value was said or accomplished. What a loser so mad somebody isnt a Rocket fan
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 04-18-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Carmelos game isnt based on supreme physical gifts like leaping ability, elite level quickness/speed, or mammoth size. He barely dunks, and hes rather slow moving. His game is all skill, and those are the type of players who last long in this league... Think Paul Pierce. If anything Melo is extremely strong, but the strength and bulk he uses to absorb contact and push around defenders doesnt disappear, youre born with that, its genetics, and not something that goes away especially in your 30s. I see plenty ofguys in their mid 30s outlifting guys in their 20s at the gym.
    Melo looked pretty quick in that Heat game driving by LeBron and Wade like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Melo looked pretty quick in that Heat game driving by LeBron and Wade like nothing.
    after lebron really overplayed melo's jumper, imo. there was no need in lebron getting that tight onto melo on a lot of melo's drives.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I wish I was a mod. I would delete stupid threads writtin by idiotic posters such as these. It's like one player has a breakout game and the threads start emerging? We all saw the game, we don't need threads validating your love for Carmelo.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    He has a quick first step yes.

But my point was...that nobody seems to be able to grasp...is that his game is NOT BASED ON ATHLETICISM. And unless you just started watching basketball recently youd know that.

75% of Melos scoring is in the post, or dancing around and pulling up for mid range jumpers. His game is pretty similar to Paul Pierces overall, slow moving overall but based on a lot of basketball savvy and guile. Because of this Melo will be an effective scorer for quite some time (just like Pierce)
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 04-18-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I wish I was a mod. I would delete stupid threads writtin by idiotic posters such as these. It's like one player has a breakout game and the threads start emerging? We all saw the game, we don't need threads validating your love for Carmelo.
    One breakout game? How about last 12?

Dude's toying with the league right now, it's too easy for him.

It is funny. Just a little over a month or so ago, people (some sports folks) were calling Melo a cancer to the Knicks. The dude is awesome!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    NYK need to trade Amar'e or amnesty him. He and Melo cannot co-exist. Two years have proven this.
    Two years huh?

They don't even have 82 games played together yet.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    One breakout game? How about last 12?

Dude's toying with the league right now, it's too easy for him.
    That's all great and dandy but there are players would have been doing it all year. He just started getting on a roll. Although Knick fans are happy again(who knows for how long) it will only matter in the playoffs. Can the Knicks gets there first playoff win in 10 years? We'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    He has a quick first step yes.

But my point was...that nobody seems to be able to grasp...is that his game is NOT BASED ON ATHLETICISM. And unless you just started watching basketball recently youd know that.

75% of Melos scoring is in the post, or dancing around and pulling up for mid range jumpers. His game is pretty similar to Paul Pierces overall, slow moving overall but based on a lot of basketball savvy and guile. Because of this Melo will be an effective scorer for quite some time (just like Pierce)
    people said the same about duncan's scoring. he was so fundemantally sound, he would be able to score forever, even when his athleticism was gone.

well, they were wrong, timmy can barely score in the post anymore

there is a difference between not relying on athleticism, and relying on the mediocre athleticism that you have.

in duncan's case, he was in that second group, and i think melo is too.

will melo be able to get the seperation he needs, when he is older and doesnt have the same athleticism? i doubt it

I'm not gonna say he's the best because "currently" doesn't mean shit. He could go on a cold streak tomorrow.

However, it's good that people realize Melo isn't a cancer that ****ed up the Knicks.

I'm a pretty big Melo fan ever since he won that championship. Cancerous players can not win a championship as a freshman. That's ****ing ridiculous. And you can say "Davis won a championship as a Freshman." But his team was so stacked it's not even funny.

-Smak

he's nowhere near Lebron's, Wade's, Durant's level. cmon this is a nonsense thread.