Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Thumbs down Mike D'antoni is the worst coach in the NBA!

i always knew that but now its so clear, and top of that he has a 4-year $24M Deal ''LMAO'' and it looks like the knicks gave up already this season, so the knicks management really believes in his final year they can get lebron and everything gonna be alright???

Default Re: Mike D'antoni is the worst coach in the NBA!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatHILL
    i always knew that but now its so clear, and top of that he has a 4-year $24M Deal ''LMAO'' and it looks like the knicks gave up already this season, so the knicks management really believes in his final year they can get lebron and everything gonna be alright???

What about all the times when suns were the top team under Dantonis coaching?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    What about all the times when suns were the top team under Dantonis coaching?
    one word

nash

Um, "GreatHill", have you seriously looked at the Knicks roster for this year?

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

I wouldn't say worst, but i've never been a fan of his system.

Banned

He was hired with the intention of coaching them through rebuilding as Donnie Walsh gets rid of some of the Isiah holdovers and actually builds this team up correctly.

There is literally nothing he can do to make them better now, they are a team full of overrated role players, expirers, and recent draft picks. Nobody can make a team like that win, even Larry Brown couldn't.

D'Antoni took the job knowing the Knicks would suck for his first 2-3 years there.

Banned

The worst coach in the NBA is Lionel Hollins.

roster sucks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    I wouldn't say worst, but i've never been a fan of his system.
    His tactics might now be the most effective in the playoffs but it is sure fun to watch.

Knicks 2010 Champs

one word

nash
    This.

What do you think it does to team morale when you are counting on Lebron coming to town next season and turn things around? How many players do you think would have the 100% desire to win? Before the season began, they were counted off to lose, even by their own GM's and owners. The players know this is just a season where the Knicks want to get by until next year. Motivation to win is not exactly there. Sure Dantoni hasn't helped much, but there are few coaches who would be able to keep this team motivated embark of the Lebron sweepstakes next year. Especially since its widely known the Knicks are banking on him being here next year.

Also, have you seen that roster? Garbage. I assure you no coach can make that team legitimate with the current personnel

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    The worst coach in the NBA is Lionel Hollins.
    This

I'd say Mike Brown has to be in the top5 of crapiness. One of the most underdeserving coach of the year winners ever.. sure they had the best record in the league but imagine teaching an entire team the triangle (which takes about 2-3 years to learn) or dealing with no KG and still finishing 2nd in the east with a chance at first the entire season. Or even taking over a magic team that barely broke .500 every season and transforming Howard into a title contender by himself after getting blackballed out of a ring in Miami.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    What do you think it does to team morale when you are counting on Lebron coming to town next season and turn things around? How many players do you think would have the 100% desire to win? Before the season began, they were counted off to lose, even by their own GM's and owners. The players know this is just a season where the Knicks want to get by until next year. Motivation to win is not exactly there. Sure Dantoni hasn't helped much, but there are few coaches who would be able to keep this team motivated embark of the Lebron sweepstakes next year. Especially since its widely known the Knicks are banking on him being here next year.

Also, have you seen that roster? Garbage. I assure you no coach can make that team legitimate with the current personnel
    D'Antoni's coaching philosophy is all about freedom and power to the players. He's a players' coach. The problem is the players he's giving all this freedom to are incompetent. It's easy to win games when you have Steve Nash making ALL the decisions. All D'Antoni really did for Phoenix was let Nash have all the control. That's really the only decision he made. And it's a huge downgrade from Steve Nash to Chris Duhon. I love Duhon but he's no Nash.