Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Default Jeff F***ING Green

31 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, 5 (!) blocks on 11/14 from the field, 3/5 from the arc, 8/9 from the line.

Over his last 13 (including tonight) he's averaging 15.7/4.2/1.8/0.6/1.6 on 55/45/90.

Good to see him playing to his ability after the surgery.

Default Re: Jeff F***ING Green

He's being more consistent. If he keeps this play up he may be worth his contract

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Best game I've ever seen him play. That's a Lebron like statline.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

When he's aggressive he is a very effective player and can get that big play that will swing momentum. It would be amazing for the celtics if he could be consistently a 22/7/4 with great defense type of player.

Man, one of my fantasy team's is having an epic night thanks to Green among others

I have Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Andre Miller, Wilson Chandler, Kevin Martin, Eric Gordon and Marc Gasol among others on my team, all of them are having epic nights.

My starters numbers tonight - 56% FG, 92% FT's, 12 Threes, 207 points, 53 rebounds, 38 assists, 13 steals, 14 blocks.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    When he's aggressive he is a very effective player and can get that big play that will swing momentum. It would be amazing for the celtics if he could be consistently a 22/7/4 with great defense type of player.
    I'd be happy with 19/5/3 with slightly above average D. He'll probably max out as a 3rd option guy just based on his personality traits I've seen... If he finds his fire and improves fundamentals though he could be a good 2nd option.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I'd be happy with 19/5/3 with slightly above average D. He'll probably max out as a 3rd option guy just based on his personality traits I've seen... If he finds his fire and improves fundamentals though he could be a good 2nd option.
    Dude, I'd be happy with 15/4/2/1/1 with good D. I do think he can be better than that, though. Earlier this year any sign of aggression from Green was seen as a success on his part.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I agree, I see him as a 3rd option as well. He doesn't seem to have that "take over" mentality. Him and Rondo are going to be the core post Pierce/KG. If they could find a big man they could be competitive again in a few years.

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

i've been repping jg all season long. people have been so impatient with him...he is just getting his legs back under him fully maybe 2-3 weeks ago

Look at his statline for Feb now (this is BEFORE tonight's game):
    15.1 ppg
    51.7% fg
    47.4% 3pt fg
    4.1 reb
    1.7 blk
    30.8 mpg

they play him 39 minutes tonight...extrapolate his monthly avgs from his usual 31 minutes to 39 and you get these numbers

19.1 ppg
    5.2 reb
    2.2 blk

and again that is pretending like tonight didn't even happen. dude is legit

additional edit: i see other posters saying they'd be happy with 19/5/3...well, you give him the minutes and he gives you just that on high %'s

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Man, one of my fantasy team's is having an epic night thanks to Green among others

I have Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Andre Miller, Wilson Chandler, Kevin Martin, Eric Gordon and Marc Gasol among others on my team, all of them are having epic nights.

My starters numbers tonight - 56% FG, 92% FT's, 12 Threes, 207 points, 53 rebounds, 38 assists, 13 steals, 14 blocks.

Haha nice bro. All you're missing is Isaiah Thomas' sick statline and your night would have been complete.

I have him on my team and he dropped 30/9/6 on 50% with 4 threes. He was also 8/9 from the line; broke his streak of like 50 straight FTM, but a great night, nonetheless.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

He's a beast. Maybe an allstar one day.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Djahjaga
    Dude, I'd be happy with 15/4/2/1/1 with good D. I do think he can be better than that, though. Earlier this year any sign of aggression from Green was seen as a success on his part.
    No doubt. He won't peak for another couple of seasons. If he put up the numbers you said, that'd be great until he develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    I agree, I see him as a 3rd option as well. He doesn't seem to have that "take over" mentality. Him and Rondo are going to be the core post Pierce/KG. If they could find a big man they could be competitive again in a few years.
    Yeah he only has that aggressive look maybe 1 out of 3 games. He needs to one-dribble drive a lot more. That should be his go to move because he's quick and athletic. His jumper off the dribble and footwork are shaky.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I laughed when the guy was traded and people on this forum neg'd him for being lifeless...
    If you saw one Thunder game , it was understandable this guy had another level once he got older and had the right team...

He will be the starter SF, replacing the Truth when he retires in a year.

I am not surprised at the stat sheet tonight , but I am surprised at how well the Celtics are doing without Rondo ...

Speculation ... when Rondo comes back ,, you may see trade.

<<<GREEN IS GOOD!

He needs to keep starting.

Once Rondo went down Jeff Green was able to play to his strengths more. Good to see him playing well. I suspect though if he's a Celtic next season he's going to regress back once Rondo comes back and holds the ball more.