Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Seriously what argument does kobe have over lebron

Kobe has majority side kick rings..deal with it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Kobe has majority side kick rings..deal with it

if lebron actually showed up in 2011. he'd have a sidekick ring too.

lucky for shaq... kobe gave a damn about winning at all cost

wade wishes he had 2000,2001,2002 kobe on his team in 2011

then he might have 2 finals mvps on his desk instead of one. ( who knows maybe kobe takes it. ) all i know is the heat win

too bad lebron is just as stupid as his fans

2/5

Only won 2 out of 4 and bailed on his superfriends after 4 seasons to make a new team of superfriends

Kobe stayed loyal to his franchise and played through the rebuilding process and proved he could win on his own. 2008 Playoff run, led a team to the Finals with no other all-star that year + Bynum out for the season.

30/6/6 for 3 straight Finals runs, only player to score 600+ points in 3 consecutive Finals runs. Assist leader for all 5 of his championships. One of the longest primes in the history of the game. After 16 seasons of NBA, averaged 27/5/6 and led an injured roster to the Playoffs in the deep West.

Had the same WS/48 as prime Shaq in 2001 Playoffs, led the league in WS in the Playoffs, b2b 45+pt/10+reb games for a damn guard. All or most of his best Playoff series came in the Conference finals, where IIRC, he never lost a series. If his teams were good enough to contend, they made the Finals.

Since Conference Finals were the real Finals in the early 2000s (00-02), let me give you his numbers by the year

2000 vs Portland

20/5/6 with 1.6 spg 2.1 bpg on 55%TS

Game-saving block on Sabonis in Game 3, led his team in points, rebounds, assists and blocks in Game 7 with a 25/11/7/4 performance, Lakers huge comeback in the 4th, the all-time great alley-oop to Shaq after crossing Pippen

2001 vs Spurs

33/7/7 with 1.5 spg 0.8 bpg on 57%TS, 25.4 Gamescore vs Shaq's 19.4 Gamescore, the gap between Shaq and Kobe was bigger than Shaq and Fisher(Fisher's 16.1 vs Shaq's 19.4), at least according to that statistic. Fisher averaged 18/5/3 on 75% shooting in that series.

2002 vs Kings

27/6/4 with 1.4 spg 1.1 bpg on 49%TS, this is arguably his worst WCF by the numbers, but he shot 37% from 3 and hit clutch FTs against the Kings on the road in Game 7, also, the famous poster on Vlade Divac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7NIstvtb8

And 6 years go by, here are his WCF numbers, though I must admit these teams don't really compare to the early 2000 WCF opponents, but good enough to give you the numbers

2008 vs Spurs

29/6/4 with 1.6 spg on 59%TS, led a huge comeback in Game 1, dominated the series quite easily with beautiful footwork and post game, finishing over Duncan countless times

2009 vs Nuggets

34/6/6 on 63%TS, flat out dominated the Nuggets in this one. The famous 3-pter over JR Smith on the road, Kobe was having the time of his life against these dudes

2010 vs Suns

34/7/8 with 1.2 bpg on 64%TS - this is his best WCF by the numbers easily, he pretty much dominated every game and obviously everyone knows Game 6, where he hit one crazy clutch shot after another. Funny how he had his best statistical series at that age, but I guess it was just one of those hot stretches for him. 135 ORTG, best among players that played big minutes (even better than Nash).

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    if over the next 3 seasons kevin love won finals mvp with 30/15. and lebron averaged 28/6/5 in the playoffs over those 3 years as thee 2nd guy

i'm pretty sure lebron would still get credit

nobody knocks a guys rings if they average mvp type stats

kobes 3 titles as a sidekick had better playoff lines than most mvps

he also saved the 2000 wcf game 7, then saved the 2002 wcf game 7

not to mention averaged 3-4 more ppg than shaq for the first 3 playoff series in 2001

i give kobes 5 rings full credit

people give duncan 5 rings. and as far as i'm concerned

kobe 2000 = kobes worst > duncan 2014 = duncans worst

kobe 2002 > duncan 2007

kobe 2001 > duncan 2005

kobe 2010 > duncan 1999

kobe 2009 = kobes best > duncan 2003 = duncans best
    Can you explain to me how he saved 2002 game 7? I remember shaq having the better game and he played well in OT...

And klove wont outplay lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Can you explain to me how he saved 2002 game 7? I remember shaq having the better game and he played well in OT...

And klove wont outplay lebron
    Shaq was 2/5 in OT, though he did make both of his FTs in that period

Kobe didn't really save the day in that game, but he did make FTs to put the Lakers up by 1, followed by Shaq missing one, followed by a foul call on Kobe for fouling Mike Bibby (which was bs in my opinion but w.e), Kobe hit the FTs to ice the game in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Shaq was 2/5 in OT, though he did make both of his FTs in that period

Kobe didn't really save the day in that game, but he did make FTs to put the Lakers up by 1, followed by Shaq missing one, followed by a foul call on Kobe for fouling Mike Bibby (which was bs in my opinion but w.e), Kobe hit the FTs to ice the game in OT.
    Yeah shaq had like 5 or 6 points in OT and played some good D. And im pretty sure like you said kobe only scored in OT on those 2 ft's when LA were up 4 in the last few seconds. Kings choked hard though

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Yeah shaq had like 5 or 6 points in OT and played some good D. And im pretty sure like you said kobe only scored in OT on those 2 ft's when LA were up 4 in the last few seconds. Kings choked hard though
    Kings had so many chances. Shaq had 6 points in OT on 5 shots and 2 FTs.

They missed so many Free Throws and still had a wide open 3 to win the game at the end of the 4th, this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-HV7QOIco#t=462

Look at the bullshit foul the ref gave to get the game to OT , and they say the series was fixed for LA

If it was fixed, there's no way in hell they call that on Kobe...I get it if you call it in the regular season or at the start of a game, this is Game 7 crunch time, you're going to give the team two freebies at the end of the game for that?

Banned

Kobe fans getting butthurt making up stupid reasons. Lebron has better offensive and defensive stats he is the most dominant player since jordan according to PER

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775
    Lebron is a superior offensive player ppg assists field goal percentage are all better than Bryant's. Advance stats prove lebron is superior on defense he is a better rebounder. Kobe has no argument lebron is the superior player
    he is not a man that kobe is

He has 3 more rings (thanks to Shaq).

Is Kobe even top 10 all time without Shaq's gifts?

2x Champion
    2x Finals MVP
    1x MVP

Is that top 10 material? Kobe owes Shaq a LOT! He owes him his place in the top 10!

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Kobe fans getting butthurt making up stupid reasons. Lebron has better offensive and defensive stats he is the most dominant player since jordan according to PER
    lebron is not a leader,he is a deserter,coward

Quote Originally Posted by jzek

2x Champion
    2x Finals MVP
    1x MVP

Is that top 10 material? Kobe owes Shaq a LOT! He owes him his place in the top 10!
    And so does Shaq...

Banned

Lebron is the better offensive and defensive player get over it kobe fans

Lebron is the better offensive and defensive player get over it kobe fans
    Someone link the asg block.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek

2x Champion
    2x Finals MVP
    1x MVP

Wow, pretty empty resume