Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 8/31- Philippines vs. Greece Game Thread -2014 FIBA World

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Did Mcgee ever naturalise to Phillippines? Is he playing in this?

Only Blatche.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Just LOL at you thinking those two undeserving scrubs are actually injured

Spanoulis clearly wasn't at the level necessary to play competitive ball against guys like Rose, Lillard, Curry, Durant, etc. It was a respect thing more than anything, really. They didn't want to cut him so they made up an elaborate scenario in which he "really wanted to represent his country" and all that admirable shit..but in reality he was just nowhere near good enough. I shudder to think how badly he'd get destroyed trying to stay with D-Rose, Curry, Thompson, Lillard, Irving, etc. He'd quit basketball on the spot if he was in that position. Luckily the Greek NT got him out of that jam.

And of course that fat turd Sofo isn't on the team. I'm surprised that tub of shit can walk at this point. Another case of the Greek National Team respectfully cutting a guy in no way deserves to be on the team...by not actually cutting him, and instead coming up a respectable excuse.
    The coach of Greece already said emphatically to the press in Greece that the national team will be built entirely around Spanoulis and based entirely around him for as long as he is still able to play and wants to play and Spanoulis said that is until age 40.

And Spanoulis said he is playing next summer, and the coach said that next summer's team will be built entirely around Spanoulis, getting ready for the Olympics, and that the Olympics team if they qualify will be built entirely around Spanoulis.

You might want to just STFU now because it will save you a lot of crow to eat in the next couple of summers.

It's a warning to you.

DO NOT START TROLLING THAT GIANNIS OWNS GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM

and/or

THAT SPANOULIS WAS "KICKED OFF GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM"

You will be in a world of crow eating in the next two years.

You were warned.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-03-2014 at 10:44 PM.

You do realise V-Span has been playing with injuries and in fixed matches his entire career? Why do you think he struggled so much in the NBA? He was injured and the officials were all threatened by european mobsters to call against him. It's common knowledge in Greece. Everyone knows it. Your just a liar and a racist if you don't believe it. He's more athletic than Westbrook.
    Right, Greece is going to hand over their elite worldwide national team to a guy that one year ago was the 4th best player on a second division Greek club, and in order to make room for him, they are going to "cut" the best player in Europe and the guy that most European basketball historians say is the best Euroleague player of all time..................

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Right, Greece is going to hand over their elite worldwide national team to a guy that one year ago was the 4th best player on a second division Greek club, and in order to make room for him, they are going to "cut" the best player in Europe and the guy that most European basketball historians say is the best Euroleague player of all time..................

? no idea what the **** you are talking about in relation to my post. And what happened to me being on your ignore list?

raep tiem

The coach of Greece already said emphatically to the press in Greece that the national team will be built entirely around Spanoulis and based entirely around him for as long as he is still able to play and wants to play and Spanoulis said that is until age 40.

And Spanoulis said he is playing next summer, and the coach said that next summer's team will be built entirely around Spanoulis, getting ready for the Olympics, and that the Olympics team if they qualify will be built entirely around Spanoulis.

You might want to just STFU now because it will save you a lot of crow to eat in the next couple of summers.

It's a warning to you.

and/or

THAT SPANOULIS WAS "KICKED OF GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM"

You were warned.

It's a warning to you.

and/or

THAT SPANOULIS WAS "KICKED OF GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM"

You were warned.
    This is such horseshit and you know it. Why would I be eating crow in the future if I said Giannis was the future of the Greek National Team? Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

He's far and away the best Greek player in the world...at 19 ****ing years old. In the olympics when he's 21 with 3 solid years of pro experience and development against REAL COMPETITION in the NBA under his belt, it's not even gonna be debatable between him and Spanoulis...as if it is right now

Yeah sure, the Greek coach can paint a nice little picture that'll fool that deluded scrub Spanoulis and idiotic fans like you into believing he's still relevant. But the truth is Giannis is the driving force behind that team, they go as far as he goes. He's their leader now, he's going to be their leader for the foreseeable future, both off the court as the face and global image of Greek basketball, and as the on-court leader and best basketball player.

Anyway, Greece has not even played a friendly game yet, so it's hard to know what the coach is thinking, what role he wants the players for, etc.

But I would guess, just based on the current training camp roster, that the team will look something like this:

PG Nick Calathes/Vangelis Mantzaris/Kostas Sloukas
    SG Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis
    SF Kostas Papanikolaou/Giannis Antetokounmpo
    PF Georgios Printezis/Kostas Kaimakoglou
    C Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Andreas Glyniadakis

Michalis Tsairelis, Georgios Bogris, and Ioannis Athinaiou all have very good chances to be in the team also though.

The big problem with that team is without Spanoulis, there's basically no one to create their own shot other than Zisis.

Bourousis and Vougioukas are great in the low post, but you have to get them the ball first. Calathes can't shoot. Sloukas and Vasileiadis are very good shooters, but not at making their own shot.

Printezis is great at low post, but again you need to get him the ball first. It's just Zisis that's the only guy that has universal offensive skills. As it was, they had with Spanoulis and Zisis together, they needed a 3rd guy to push them over the top, which if they would have just used Pappas, they would have had that.

Which is bizarre why they did not select Pappas (even though Katsikaris has personal issues with him) because he's also got universal scoring skills.

Just one guy with a complete offensive skills set that will be handling the ball isn't enough. Especially in that ridiculous bracket they are in.

I could see anywhere from out at the 16th finals to a bronze. But realistically with just Zisis as a true scorer, and in that crazy hard bracket, the lack of scoring is too much without Spanoulis.

With all those teams like Spain, Brazil, Serbia, Croatia, etc. all being on that same bracket.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-03-2014 at 03:03 AM.

? no idea what the **** you are talking about in relation to my post. And what happened to me being on your ignore list?
    You agreed with his claim that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team and was not playing because he wasn't good enough and that they made up that he was injured.

Same with Sofo.

You once again proved your mega troll status.

Banned

You agreed with his claim that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team and was not playing because he wasn't good enough and that they made up that he was injured.

Same with Sofo.

You once again proved your mega troll status.
    I at no point said anything about handing the team over, just simply pointed out that ANY time v-span has something go wrong you claim he's injured or he's having bias against him from officials/coaches/front offices. You're deluded. You need to wake up and realise that he is a good player and he is far better than he looked with the rockets but he is in no way shape or form as good as you think he is.

Anyway, Greece has not even played a friendly game yet, so it's hard to know what the coach is thinking, what role he wants the players for, etc.

But I would guess, just based on the current training camp roster, that the team will look something like this:

PG Nick Calathes/Vangelis Mantzaris/Kostas Sloukas
    SG Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis
    SF Kostas Papanikolaou/Giannis Antetokounmpo
    PF Georgios Printezis/Kostas Kaimakoglou
    C Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Andreas Glyniadakis

Michalis Tsairelis, Georgios Bogris, and Ioannis Athinaiou all have very good chances to be in the team also though.

The big problem with that team is without Spanoulis, there's basically no one to create their own shot other than Zisis.

Bourousis and Vougioukas are great in the low post, but you have to get them the ball first. Calathes can't shoot. Sloukas and Vasileiadis are very good shooters, but not at making their own shot.

Printezis is great at low post, but again you need to get him the ball first. It's just Zisis that's the only guy that has universal offensive skills. As it was, they had with Spanoulis and Zisis together, they needed a 3rd guy to push them over the top, which if they would have just used Pappas, they would have had that.

Which is bizarre why they did not select Pappas (even though Katsikaris has personal issued with him) because he's also got universal scoring skills.

Just one guy with a complete offensive skills set that will be handling the ball isn't enough. Especially in that ridiculous bracket they are in.

I could see anywhere from out at the 16th finals to a bronze. But realistically with just Zisis as a true scorer, and in that crazy hard bracket, the lack of scoring is too much without Spanoulis.

With all those teams like Spain, Brazil, Serbia, Croatia, etc. all being on that same bracket.
    A level headed post

Actually, with PG out for team USA, and Manu out for Argentina, which teams do you think could challenge USA other than Spain, which is an obvious threat?

PG: Derrick Rose/Damian Lillard/Steph Curry >>>>>>>>>>> Nick Calathes/Vangelis Mantzaris/Kostas Sloukas

SG: Klay Thompson/James Harden/Demar Derozan >>>>>>>>>>> Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis

SF: Kevin Durant/Chandler Parsons/Klay Thompson > Kostas Papanikolaou/Giannis Antetokounmpo - only reason this isn't another positional blowout for the US is because of Giannis, who is starting by the way.

PF: Anthony Davis/Kevin Durant/Demarcus Cousins >>>>>>>>>>> Georgios Printezis/Kostas Kaimakoglou

C: Demarcus Cousins/Andre Drummond/Anthony Davis >>>>>>>>>>> Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Andreas Glyniadakis
    Fixed for a comparison. That scrub Greek lineup wouldn't average 45ppg in the NBA.

Banned

Fixed for a comparison. That scrub Greek lineup wouldn't average 45ppg in the NBA.
    You're forgetting that in europe there's no such thing as starters and bench players. It makes no difference if someone starts and the best players don't always start. I have a good friend who posts here who keeps telling me this over and over whenever a player he likes isn't in the starting line up....

This is such horseshit and you know it. Why would I be eating crow in the future if I said Giannis was the future of the Greek National Team? Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

He's far and away the best Greek player in the world...at 19 ****ing years old. In the olympics when he's 21 with 3 solid years of pro experience and development against REAL COMPETITION in the NBA under his belt, it's not even gonna be debatable between him and Spanoulis...as if it is right now

Yeah sure, the Greek coach can paint a nice little picture that'll fool that deluded scrub Spanoulis and idiotic fans like you into believing he's still relevant. But the truth is Giannis is the driving force behind that team, they go as far as he goes. He's their leader now, he's going to be their leader for the foreseeable future, both off the court as the face and global image of Greek basketball, and as the on-court leader and best basketball player.
    Are we talking about the same guy that was the 4th best player on a team in Greece's own version of the D-League last year?

Are we talking about the same player that was the 5th to 6th best player on Greece's under 20 national team last summer?

Are we talking about the same guy that had POS performance in one of the worst teams in the NBA this last season?

Are we talking about the same guy that in NBA summer league was not even scoring in the same amount of points as guys like freaking Dwight Buycks, despite being 100% totally and complete featured by the Bucks summer league team and having total and complete free reign to do whatever he wanted to do every time on every possession?

17.6 points a game in NBA freaking summer league when you are allowed to do whatever you want on every possession? Are you freaking kidding me?

There are guys not even good enough to make a Euroleague roster that can do better than that under the same circumstances.

Is that the SAME player we are talking about here?

Is this the SAME player that Greece's coach just said is a role player? That Greece's coach when the media asked would he be the star of the team, the coach said.....he's a kid, just a kid, that's what he is, that's what he's going to be, for some years in this team, a kid.

Is that the SAME player we are talking about here? The one that averaged 7 points a game on a 15 win NBA team?

You live in an alternate universe.

It is probably a good thing for people like you (insane Bucks fans) that Spanoulis isn't playing at this tournament and Perperoglou was injured, because otherwise you would have committed suicide after this summer.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-03-2014 at 10:47 PM.

I at no point said anything about handing the team over, just simply pointed out that ANY time v-span has something go wrong you claim he's injured or he's having bias against him from officials/coaches/front offices. You're deluded. You need to wake up and realise that he is a good player and he is far better than he looked with the rockets but he is in no way shape or form as good as you think he is.
    AGAIN you just agreed with him that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team because he wasn't good enough to make it and that he isn't injured, and then accused me of lying about it.

You do realize that in like 5 seconds Google can destroy you right? And that since it's Greek national team it's such a huge freaking deal that the articles will also be in English? Or are you THAT freaking retarded?

You have one time to apologize, admit you lied, that you are trolling and to STFU about it before the English articles from online newspapers get posted.

Banned

AGAIN you just agreed with him that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team because he wasn't good enough to make it and that he isn't injured, and then accused me of lying about it.

You do realize that in like 5 seconds Google can destroy you right? And that since it's Greek national team it's such a huge freaking deal that the articles will also be in English? Or are you THAT freaking retarded?

You have one time to apologize, admit you lied, that you are trolling and to STFU about it before the English articles from online newspapers get posted.
    No I didn't. You're clearly delusional again. Have a look at what you originally wrote, have a look at what I wrote. I am talking about how you claim he has been playing injured for years with his club sides. You always claim he has some problem and if it wasn't for that he'd be great. Numerous times you have done this. I know he would be on the Greek team right now if he was healthy and so does milbuck, it's just hilarious how often you make up excuses. That's what I'm pointing out, you're just so dense you always misunderstand things and act like a lunatic.