Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jerry Jones promises he will always be GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
and Gruden has hinted 100 times that he would coach in Dallas...honestly I don't even want him, he got burnt out and was fired...another has been

here you go:

Archer: Jon Gruden would coach the Cowboys in a second

Jerry got Parcells here of all people, finding a coach isn't an issue for Jerry, never has been, it's the Dallas Cowboys

So what's the problem them? Your GM just picks bad coaches? Who is the GM again?

You make me laugh, i guarantee if the Giants don't sniff being good for 10 years i'm not going to give you a detailed analysis of why everything we do is great and nothing should change.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^ that was all Jerry though, no question

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #48
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PRIME TIME! When he was jumping teams and bringing titles with him. He was sick fast....when he picked off a pass it was an event.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So what's the problem them? Your GM just picks bad coaches? Who is the GM again?

You make me laugh, i guarantee if the Giants don't sniff being good for 10 years i'm not going to give you a detailed analysis of why everything we do is great and nothing should change.
sometimes things just don't come together niko, I wish we could win EVERY SINGLE SUPER BOWL, I really do I swear to God, but that isn't realistic

If all teams were equal everyone would win 1 ring each 32 years...

shear luck plays a big factor in this as well...Indy has been lucky enough to get the #1 pick while Peyton and Luck were there, other teams haven't been so lucky, in the 90s, Dallas was lucky enough to get Aikman at #1...and hit on many other picks...sometimes busts are impossible to see coming, no one is fortune teller...
Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #50
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

^^^ that was all Jerry though, no question

Good Point.

I changed my mind....

THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE GREATEST COMMERCIAL!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YLZ-SMRuhA

"God D@mn if I had 11 men like that I could rule the world."

That's funny.

"I don't care what it takes... You get me Deion."
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
sometimes things just don't come together niko, I wish we could win EVERY SINGLE SUPER BOWL, I really do I swear to God, but that isn't realistic

If all teams were equal everyone would win 1 ring each 32 years...

shear luck plays a big factor in this as well...Indy has been lucky enough to get the #1 pick while Peyton and Luck were there, other teams haven't been so lucky, in the 90s, Dallas was lucky enough to get Aikman at #1...and hit on many other picks...sometimes busts are impossible to see coming, no one is fortune teller...

Dallas was a ****ing machine back then. It wasn't just Aikman. You were better than our team in every phase. And everyone was accountable to everyone, If you played poorly Aikman woudl call you out, and if not him Irvin, if not him (insert player here). You had wild guys but never on game day, because it was not acceptable. And you had players who lived up to the moment.

Putting yourself in a position to succeed is not luck. Like the Ravens game. You should have won. But Romo is not good at clock management and neither is your coach. You put yourself in the position where the bad luck doomed you. The Giants generally put themselves in position where a bad break is not fatal. We don't waste time.

Yes, luck is important, but that Dallas team was not lucky, they were nasty. The Giants are opportunistic and clutch, that team wasn't either abd didn't need to be, they beat you over the head.

You talk like your team now and that situation are similar except for a lucky bounce here and there, that's ridiculous.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #52
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

SOME of it is luck...not sure how much, but def some

if you land a stud in every single round of the draft and they all just happen to stay healthy for 10 years, some of that can be attributed to great GM work, and some of that can be attributed to great fortune...
Old 11-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
So what's the problem them?

^^^ and THAT

there is no short answer for this...there is no single thing to point at

the problem is a little bit of a lot of things

and there are 31 other teams that have to answer that question every year too, not just the Cowboys, only one team can win the SB
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #54
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE GREATEST COMMERCIAL!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YLZ-SMRuhA

"God D@mn if I had 11 men like that I could rule the world."

That's funny.
lolololol

remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcS4dLB_w2c

Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #55
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also... I don't care what anybody says...

I will always support that decision... That had to be done.

We had to try.

Bill Parcells didn't want him on the team... But I sure as hell did.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #56
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Everyone likes what Jerry does at the time that he does it...Dallas fans were thrilled to have Owens here, get your popcorn ready

when Jerry signed Roy Williams, Cowboy fans loved it...but now Dallas fans act like they always hated it, hindsight is 20/20

same with Dez...everyone loved that moved, but when Dez has a bad game or drops a ball?...FCK JERRY!!!, WHAT WAS HE THINKING WITH THAT PICK!!!

Do you hear anyone complaining about the Mo Claiborne pick?...guess what, if he doesn't make the probowl soon you will hear a lot of people acting as though they knew it was a stupid pick.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #57
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler

Also... I don't care what anybody says...

I will always support that decision... That had to be done.

We had to try.

Bill Parcells didn't want him on the team... But I sure as hell did.

Parcells and Bledsoe were blackballing T.O. out of the offense that season too
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #58
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are a .500 club since Jimmy Johnson and all the players he "helped" acquire left. That says a lot!
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #59
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This conversation is sooo tiresome...has to happen EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Jerry is a decent GM, not the greatest and not the worst...he has made good decisions and some bad decisions, just like almost EVERY GM that has been in the NFL more than 5 years...

hindsight is 20/20...it is so easy for fans to look back and say "this was a mistake" years later...

when Jerry took Dez? fans were doing back flips...

when Jerry traded up for Mo last year just for a 2nd rounder?...fans doing back flips

If either of those players don't work out?...fans pretend that they knew all along it was stupid lol, it is so easy for fans to act as though they know it all.

Also passed up Steven Jackson for Julius JONES and taking Felix JONES too early from his alma mater
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #60
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Also passed up Steven Jackson for Julius JONES and taking Felix JONES too early from his alma mater

Extremely mad when it happened... But passing on Steven Jackson got us Demarcus Ware the following year.

We traded that pick to Buffalo.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: