Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 90% of the experts and NBA HOF's have Lebron in their top 5

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Kobe>Bron
    If this was '12, I'd agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    If this was '12, I'd agree with you.
    I think Lebron was better than Kobe in 12 as Kobe's reign as the best ended in 2010 and Dirk had that 11 on lock.

Kobe>Bron
    4 MVP's, 3 FMVP's & superior stats > 1 MVP, 2 FMVP's & inferior stats

I think Lebron was better than Kobe in 12 as Kobe's reign as the best ended in 2010 and Dirk had that 11 on lock.
    Kobe wasn't better than LeBron in '09 and '10. Heck, even '08 is debatable. Dirk was better than LeBron from 6 games over the entire season.

After LeBron won his 4th MVP and 2nd FMVP, he pretty much surpassed Kobe. After this title, he's a couple of ranks above Kobe.

Kobe wasn't better than LeBron in '09 and '10. Heck, even '08 is debatable. Dirk was better than LeBron from 6 games over the entire season.

After LeBron won his 4th MVP and 2nd FMVP, he pretty much surpassed Kobe. After this title, he's a couple of ranks above Kobe.
    It was definitely debatable after 2013. LeBron was in the Hakeem/Kobe tier for sure. 2016 separated him from that, obviously. But prior to that, he was around 9-11 all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It was definitely debatable after 2013. LeBron was in the Hakeem/Kobe tier for sure. 2016 separated him from that, obviously. But prior to that, he was around 9-11 all-time.
    I've said several times that Kobe and LeBron were interchangeable and I personally had Kobe a spot higher than LeBron (depending upon my mood). After the '16 title, the discussion is pretty much done. Especially the way LeBron won it. 26 straight points (scored or assisted) in G6 and 11 points in the 4th Q of G7, including 8 straight. 6 after the Warriors took a 4 point lead. Then the block.

I've said several times that Kobe and LeBron were interchangeable and I personally had Kobe a spot higher than LeBron (depending upon my mood). After the '16 title, the discussion is pretty much done. Especially the way LeBron won it. 26 straight points (scored or assisted) in G6 and 11 points in the 4th Q of G7, including 8 straight. 6 after the Warriors took a 4 point lead. Then the block.
    No arguments there. 2016 cemented LeBron's place in history above Kobe, unfortunately. But there's no arguing it. LeBron's 2016 finals against the 73-win GSW rivals any of Jordan's finals. And that's no joke

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    They understand it, but choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit their agenda.
    or they're literally that dumb. Just read though the posts on this first page of the forum you can't find a collection of dumber posts anywhere else on the Internet than the drivel by Kobe stans right here

Local High School Star

My UPDATED top 10 list for what it's worth:

1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Russell
    4. Magic
    5. LeBron- Could put him in a tie with Shaq. His jump to Miami hurts him
    6. Shaq
    7. Bird
    8. Wilt
    9. Hakeem
    10. Duncan/Kobe

Kobe in my opinion barely cracks this list and I'm I die hard Lakers fan. The only reason he makes it is due to titles and transcendence of the game. Wilt and Hakeem have him beat IN EVERYTHING ELSE!!! The dude was probably one of the most COMPETITIVE players in history and his will to win was second to none but HE NEVER understood the game at an ORGANIC LEVEL like everybody else in the top 10 did and that was the main culprit in him having a large inefficient impact at times. 20

The Tim Duncan position is very interesting too, he was NEVER the most dominant, NEVER transcendent and doesn't have the most impressive numbers but the dude remained deadly consistent for 15+ years, got 5 titles and was probably the BEST TEAMMATE all of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    You clearly weren't.

The only refrain was "he only got it because MJ wasn't around". No one EVER called Dream the Best ever. Not one.
    Mj was around cuz he was getting airness kicked by the Magic, And then Hakeem scorched the Magic.

In the summer of 95 hakeem was getting stroked twice as hard as Lebron is now.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    and 90% of those ppl has kobe over lebron.

most experts/nba vets rank Lebron top 5 while kobe is below top 5