Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default `

Why is everyone surprised in curry? He's got a clean stroke and is a SMART player that doesn't rely on athleticism.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 12/26 Game Thread: Chicago Bulls @ Golden State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Korver is a career 41% shooter from 3 scoring 10 points in 24 minutes. Last year he did 8 points in 20 minutes. 41% shooting from 3. Shot slightly over his career numbers overall. Compared to last year he only scored more per minute in one of 3 seasons on the Jazz. But Rose has just destroyed his career....

Korver's last year in Utah he shot 54% from 3pt range(led league) and his FG% overall has been higher than with the Bulls. He's going to struggle this year

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Playoffs Rose is last year not this year. And no its not a trend. Including Pre-games, I've seen 4 games of a contributing Rose who only starts attempting shots in the late second half.....JUST like this game. Going solely off stats is not the best way of examining what happened. Rose is not going on shooting up bricks all game, its only until the late 3rd quarter, which is after he feels the job is not getting done elsewhere. Korver started to hit...but it was too late at that point.

Thibs gets some blame too.....

His performance tonight would suggest otherwise.

Clearly you knew what I meant, just trying to be an ass now. And this "bad" performance will be covered with multiple outstanding performances....JUST like last year.
    I'm sure. And then the flaws in his game will come back to haunt him come playoff time. JUST like last year.

Banned

Default Re: `

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    Why is everyone surprised in curry? He's got a clean stroke and is a SMART player that doesn't rely on athleticism.
    Bulls fans aren't surprised. Just because we feel we have the best PG doesn't mean we think there aren't other good players, we aren't Lebron Fans

With all these turnovers....it makes perfect sense Curry and Ellis went ham. Hell if I was a good ass shooter and the opponent was giftwrapping me open shots, I'd drain them too.

I'm not suprised at Warriors doing good, I'm disappointed with the bulls making foolish mistakes...like those 20 TOs. Or our Bigs acting like cupcakes. We did not play Bulls basketball tonight.

looks like bulls need another superstar to win a championship.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit
    I'll CLEARLY take the benefit of the doubt with 3 good games compared to 1 bad game.

I'm sure. And then the flaws in his game will come back to haunt him come playoff time. JUST like last year.
    I'd be worried if those 3 games I just mentioned didn't show his improvement, including his improved jumper, better court vision, and IQ. One bad game out of 4 is not enough to sway me.....but I guess it is for someone who hates Rose in the first place.

TheBluest

Freakin A.J. Price and Collison played better than him for large stretches in the Pacers series last year...C.J. Watson at times looks better running their offense than he does.

Everything is a struggle in the Bulls offense and this shouldn't be the case with an Elite Point Guard.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Derrick rose loves that damn 3 ball too much......Thibbs needs to pull him to the side and let him know about it....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    Freakin A.J. Price and Collison played better than him for large stretches in the Pacers series last year...C.J. Watson at times looks better running their offense than he does.

Everything is a struggle in the Bulls offense and this shouldn't be the case with an Elite Point Guard.

Correct. Great defensive team. They struggle creating easy baskets for one another. Rose is not chris paul.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest

The same Pacers who they shitted on in the Pre-season games. And don't give me that "its just preseason" crap. Clearly we have a rivalry with them, and you'd see it if you watched the games. They were playing with full force.

CJ watson looks better controlling the BENCH. And the momentum of the bench is always based on how well they shut the opposing team down. If their defense is great, the offense follows, vice versa for bad games, like today. It was not just hitting shots....our defense, the thing we our BEST known for was terrible.

I KNOW we can do better offensively and defensively....I and thousands of other Bulls fans have seen it with our own eyes.
    Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 12-27-2011 at 03:21 AM.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    I'll CLEARLY take the benefit of the doubt with 3 good games compared to 1 bad game.

I'd be worried if those 3 games I just mentioned didn't show his improvement, including his improved jumper, better court vision, and IQ. One bad game out of 4 is not enough to sway me.....but I guess it is for someone who hates Rose in the first place.
    Jesus Christ.

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Correct. Great defensive team. They struggle creating easy baskets for one another. Rose is not chris paul.

Okay you see what I see

Banned

My Question is: Why is Rose so passive? He stay shooting 3s and passing the ball only.

Isnt it obvious ? He is trying to imitate steve nash =]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by koBEDABEST
    My Question is: Why is Rose so passive? He stay shooting 3s and passing the ball only.
    Cause you can tell he trusts his teammates more with the ball. Last year during the playoffs, Rose HAD to attempt all those shots, cause everyone else was cold. But he's more comfortable when he can dish it out and take over in the 4th quarter in the final mins.

Rip is showing his worth by being a huge upgrade over Bogans.

Deng is being Deng.

Boozer is still slacking on the D, but passes from Rose is making him a beast in the Post offensively.

Noah usually gives them second chances with his excellent Rebound skills.

Rose shouldn't even have to get more than 17-18 points a night with these players plus the bench that gets their points from defensive impacted turnovers.