Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default No wonder Kareem almost had to cuss that kid out........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHNrCvwq4c

He got a lot of hate for kicking peoples asses every night.

This is the 77 WCF. Game 2.

All from the first half. And that wasnt all. It was more of the same. I think he had 24 at halftime. Missed probably 2 shots...and he was fouled on one of the misses. I think we can all agree hes giving Walton...the business.

Dont see so much of the clean posting up as he gradually works into position....they had to move him around a lot and find him off screens or just flashing open for half a second to get it and score quickly. Essentially the same shot 3-4 times. He hits a few hooks on the move...gets it off the glass. But he isnt just....stationary waiting to shoot an easy hook. He has to work hard for his shots and get them up before help arrives because they are defending the shit outta him off the ball and ready to collapse on him:

Triple teamed...teammate brick.

At one point they just go into a straight up zone. Refs eventually called it because Maurice Lucas was just pretending to guard his man and hanging out by Kareem the whole possession while Walton was fronting him.

And even with all this....hes still giving Walton the business. Lefty hooks...lefty fingerolls ...fadeaways. Builds up a lead. Then what? Blazers start pressuring them and the Lakers cant even get the ball up the floor....this is back to back...to back.

Jerry West is disgusted as you can see.

And I cut out a steal before it....and a near steal called a reach. Lionel Hollins(Nets current coach) was just...murdering their backcourt. Only 2 of Kareems teammates looked like they belonged on the floor. Cazzie Russell(5 years removed from being a 1 time injury replacement all star) and Earl Tatum...who just moves well but doesnt really do that much. Kareem had Cazzie...Tatum...Don Ford. Those are his "big" guns. Hes also got CJ Kupec, Don Chaney, Johnny Neuman, Tom Abernathy, Bo Lamar, and Cornell Warner. Not exactly Showtime.....

Kareem had 40/16 on I believe 17-22 or 23 shooting. They lost by two having blown the lead off turnovers and Lionel Hollins just running wild.

In what would be a bit of a theme...Kareem is the best player on the floor....by a lot. And his team gets swept. He pretty much spent the 70s destroying people and losing in the playoffs anyway. Nobody could **** with him in the least. The first two times he played Bill Walton? He had a 50 point triple double(50/15/11/ 3 blocks) then 48/12/6. Walton had 19/21/15...both games combined. No disrespect to Walton....who I consider the 70s Tim Duncan and among the best teammate/generators of chemistry of all time. His team wasnt exactly loaded....but they had talent Kareem didnt....and he made everyone play the right way. But he couldnt personally do anything with Kareem. He dunked on him here:

And a big deal was made of it....but you cant watch those games and conclude Kareem didnt ball.

His thoughts:

In '77 we had the best team in the league, but we lost Kermit Washington and Lucius Allen just before the playoffs, and Portland beat us four straight.

"We were playing, more or less, with four guards and me. Don Ford was out-rebounded by Maurice Lucas something like 45-12. Yet everything written said that Walton had outplayed me. Walton played a great series. I played a great series. The Trail Blazers played a great series. The Lakers played a poor one. The press tried to make it seem like I was embarrassed. Walton made one dunk shot on me, and that was supposed to have signaled the end of Abdul-Jabbar being the best."

Mid to late 70s Kareem is always a joy to watch. I made this like 5 years ago mostly to show young Bucks Kareem when he was mobile and running the floor and....kinda giving dudes eurosteps...but he shows more skills in the second half as a Laker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oro9W5C70g

Hes so ****ing....polished. Footwork...reaction time...seeing the cutters.

Mid to late prime Kareem was totally un****witable and losing anyway. Being that great with nobody to get your back on a regular basis must be so frustrating. But all we hear about when it comes up is....he didnt win between Oscar and Magic. What he supposed to do? Bring it up and get it to himself in the post? Hes putting up 35/18 with 4 blocks, 4 assists, and 2 steals a night on 61% shooting in the playoffs and losing anyway.

His numbers one playoff series:

Game 1: 27/16/7/3 (10/? FG)
    Game 2: 40/19/3/9 (18/32 FG)
    Game 3: 28/14/7/4 (12/20)
    Game 4: 41/18/3/0 (15/?)
    Game 5: 45/18/3/3 (16/28)
    Game 6: 43/20/3/3 (17/25)
    Game 7: 36/26/4/1 (14/26)

What the **** is that?

You watch some of his 70s performances on youtube....its a joke how far ahead of everyone he is. Im shocked he didnt just slap some of his teammates mid game. The late entry passes....the low passes. Hes 7'2'' and guards throw it at his knees. He was working so hard and scoring on doubles...drawing triple and quadruple teams so scrubs could miss open jumpers.

The Lakers collapsing when facing pressure in the backcourt probably caused Kareems sudden hair loss in the late 70s.

You cant keep your hairline in place watching these bums fumble your lead away while you drop 40 and take the blame.....

Lebron...Kareem...Jordan...Barkley. A roster full of has beens, not yets, and never weres will **** up a hairline quick.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: No wonder Kareem almost had to cuss that kid out........

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHNrCvwq4c

He got a lot of hate for kicking peoples asses every night.

This is the 77 WCF. Game 2.

All from the first half. And that wasnt all. It was more of the same. I think he had 24 at halftime. Missed probably 2 shots...and he was fouled on one of the misses. I think we can all agree hes giving Walton...the business.

Dont see so much of the clean posting up as he gradually works into position....they had to move him around a lot and find him off screens or just flashing open for half a second to get it and score quickly. Essentially the same shot 3-4 times. He hits a few hooks on the move...gets it off the glass. But he isnt just....stationary waiting to shoot an easy hook. He has to work hard for his shots and get them up before help arrives because they are defending the shit outta him off the ball and ready to collapse on him:

Triple teamed...teammate brick.

At one point they just go into a straight up zone. Refs eventually called it because Maurice Lucas was just pretending to guard his man and hanging out by Kareem the whole possession while Walton was fronting him.

And even with all this....hes still giving Walton the business. Lefty hooks...lefty fingerolls ...fadeaways. Builds up a lead. Then what? Blazers start pressuring them and the Lakers cant even get the ball up the floor....this is back to back...to back.

Jerry West is disgusted as you can see.

And I cut out a steal before it....and a near steal called a reach. Lionel Hollins(Nets current coach) was just...murdering their backcourt. Only 2 of Kareems teammates looked like they belonged on the floor. Cazzie Russell(5 years removed from being a 1 time injury replacement all star) and Earl Tatum...who just moves well but doesnt really do that much. Kareem had Cazzie...Tatum...Don Ford. Those are his "big" guns. Hes also got CJ Kupec, Don Chaney, Johnny Neuman, Tom Abernathy, Bo Lamar, and Cornell Warner. Not exactly Showtime.....

Kareem had 40/16 on I believe 17-22 or 23 shooting. They lost by two having blown the lead off turnovers and Lionel Hollins just running wild.

In what would be a bit of a theme...Kareem is the best player on the floor....by a lot. And his team gets swept. He pretty much spent the 70s destroying people and losing in the playoffs anyway. Nobody could **** with him in the least. The first two times he played Bill Walton? He had a 50 point triple double(50/15/11/ 3 blocks) then 48/12/6. Walton had 19/21/15...both games combined. No disrespect to Walton....who I consider the 70s Tim Duncan and among the best teammate/generators of chemistry of all time. His team wasnt exactly loaded....but they had talent Kareem didnt....and he made everyone play the right way. But he couldnt personally do anything with Kareem. He dunked on him here:

And a big deal was made of it....but you cant watch those games and conclude Kareem didnt ball.

His thoughts:

Mid to late 70s Kareem is always a joy to watch. I made this like 5 years ago mostly to show young Bucks Kareem when he was mobile and running the floor and....kinda giving dudes eurosteps...but he shows more skills in the second half as a Laker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oro9W5C70g

Hes so ****ing....polished. Footwork...reaction time...seeing the cutters.

Mid to late prime Kareem was totally un****witable and losing anyway. Being that great with nobody to get your back on a regular basis must be so frustrating. But all we hear about when it comes up is....he didnt win between Oscar and Magic. What he supposed to do? Bring it up and get it to himself in the post? Hes putting up 35/18 with 4 blocks, 4 assists, and 2 steals a night on 61% shooting in the playoffs and losing anyway.

His numbers one playoff series:

Game 1: 27/16/7/3 (10/? FG)
    Game 2: 40/19/3/9 (18/32 FG)
    Game 3: 28/14/7/4 (12/20)
    Game 4: 41/18/3/0 (15/?)
    Game 5: 45/18/3/3 (16/28)
    Game 6: 43/20/3/3 (17/25)
    Game 7: 36/26/4/1 (14/26)

What the **** is that?

You watch some of his 70s performances on youtube....its a joke how far ahead of everyone he is. Im shocked he didnt just slap some of his teammates mid game. The late entry passes....the low passes. Hes 7'2'' and guards throw it at his knees. He was working so hard and scoring on doubles...drawing triple and quadruple teams so scrubs could miss open jumpers.

The Lakers collapsing when facing pressure in the backcourt probably caused Kareems sudden hair loss in the late 70s.

You cant keep your hairline in place watching these bums fumble your lead away while you drop 40 and take the blame.....

Lebron...Kareem...Jordan...Barkley. A roster full of has beens, not yets, and never weres will **** up a hairline quick.
    This is why Walton tells people Kareem bust his ass. People keep wondering why he says that because Walton knows the gameplan was dont let Kareem touch it and if he does send the whole team.

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Surely you can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofsta Knicca

Inside 10 years there wont be a single ISH poster who gets that reference.

Don't underestimate other players . But Kareem was very special player for basketball history .

He was doing somethings , like Durant doing against Serbia for the first half , against his time .

Inside 10 years there wont be a single ISH poster who gets that reference.
    What's the reference about?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    What's the reference about?

Airplane.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goofsta Knicca
    I am Shirly and don't call me serious

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Don't underestimate other players . But Kareem was very special player for basketball history .

He was doing somethings , like Durant doing against Serbia for the first half , against his time .
    He was doing things like that vs guys who played into the 2000s too. Hes one guy who I just dont see being guarded well no matter the time. Too big...too skilled. His only problem these days would be finding a coach who makes getting him the ball a priority.