Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Jeff Van Gundy replaced by Hubie Brown on ABC!!!!!

brown and gundy both suck.......talk too much during gameplay.........but not half as bad as steve kerr.......that fukker goes on and on with the most monotone voice in the world...........not an once of life in his voice..........just bla,bla,bla...........

Hubie is so boring, he needs to retire already.

Van Gundy is awesome. He needs to be on the MSG broadcasting crew if Clyde ever retires, that'd be so awesome.

Made that high school varsity squad

Van Gundy and Brown sometimes switch-off with play-by-play partners during the course of the season, with JVG working with Mike Tirico and Hubie working with Mike Breen. They probably put Van Gundy on the radio call for one of the conference finals that ESPN Radio is covering. Van Gundy is likely going to back for the Finals, and Hubie will be back with Tirico broadcasting the Finals on radio.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    JVG has lost his appeal to me. It was funny for awhile, but now his mindless banter is just background noise.
    Agreed.

I enjoy his rants on flopping or stupid rules on occasion but at some point it'd be nice if he could shut the **** up.

The last game he did, he was complaining that reviewing takes too long and interrupts the game. But just earlier he was arguing that there should be replays for every questionable call? I don't know how serious he was but the whining gets old.

Either way, I dislike ESPN.