Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: If Indiana beats Miami...

I'm an avid basketball fan and I would rather see Miami vs the Spurs. The Pacers are just an inferior team compared to those two. I guess I don't see Lebron or wade and have to say...no...they can't be in the finals for it to be good basketball? Am I ****ing idiot? They are GREAT BASKETBALL PLAYERS. I want to see the best teams with the best basketball players play each other...how ****ing odd of me?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    ...I dont see it, but how great would that be? Indiana vs San Antonio/Memphis final. Casual fans run away screaming. Stern hangs his head at the miniscule ratings and tredges into the sunset.

Despite the fact that people continue to refuse to believe it, the new CBA was designed to increase the odds of this sort of thing happening.

People who think the NBA tries to "force" big markets toward the finals clearly have not been paying attention.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Why would that be great? Who wants to see a bunch of second tier players? We watch the NBA to see stars.

But the OP is a classic example of how anarchists think. NBA is enjoying a boom of popularity yet someone doesn't want to see it happen.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Despite the fact that people continue to refuse to believe it, the new CBA was designed to increase the odds of this sort of thing happening.

People who think the NBA tries to "force" big markets toward the finals clearly have not been paying attention.
    Miami isn't a big market.. Indy actually might even be bigger.

It's not about markets or teams, it's about pushing players and the teams they're on indirectly benefit.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebron is the face of the nba right now so Pacers will not be given benefit of doubt on the calls. I would love to see Lebron get revenge on Spurs and would be even sweeter if Heat swept them like what Spurs did to Lebrins Cavs. Now the tables have turned however.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I'm an avid basketball fan and I would rather see Miami vs the Spurs. The Pacers are just an inferior team compared to those two. I guess I don't see Lebron or wade and have to say...no...they can't be in the finals for it to be good basketball? Am I ****ing idiot? They are GREAT BASKETBALL PLAYERS. I want to see the best teams with the best basketball players play each other...how ****ing odd of me?!
    That's why there's the playoffs. You act like a selection committee decides who plays in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Lebron is the face of the nba right now so Pacers will not be given benefit of doubt on the calls. I would love to see Lebron get revenge on Spurs and would be even sweeter if Heat swept them like what Spurs did to Lebrins Cavs. Now the tables have turned however.
    Remembering LeBron* getting swept brings me great happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Two weeks ago the Heat are the stackiest, stacked, stack team that ever was... Lebron has a supporting cast like no other...

This week? You like the Grizzlies (a team that has just been to its first conference finals ever) to win a series against the "most historical stacked team--relative to competition" that ever was...

Yeah LeBron sucks, Wade sucks, but heat are the most stacked team ever, Bosh must be the goat

...I dont see it, but how great would that be? Indiana vs San Antonio/Memphis final. Casual fans run away screaming. Stern hangs his head at the miniscule ratings and tredges into the sunset.
    What happened to the Celtics champ?

Every year we hear how they're going to dominate, and how all their signings are gold from you.

You're actually the only delusional Celtics poster on the board.

Memphis V Indiana final, couldn't imagine a more boring final.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Memphis V Indiana final, couldn't imagine a more boring final.
    more like a boxing match.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    The NBA in the early 2000s was an all-time low rating wise once MJ left. The NBA started pushing certain teams and/or players with favoritism officiating to keep league interest up. It's more than obvious. That's when it became entertainment, and not sport. Sad.
    so that explains Kobe's rings...

NBA in 2000s = WWE. got it.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    If Stern was really rigging things for ratings, he wouldn't have allowed the Knicks to lose that game 7.
    No matter what happens people are always going to think Stern had a part in it. Except somehow I don't see why he would want any of these West terms in the finals?

NBA lottery pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z657Q1NcNF8

Round 2: Ian Mahinmi vs. LeBron James.

What's more exciting? Watching the most stacked team of all time lose a series in the ECF, or watch them play in the finals? I guess watching them lose in the finals would be fine too, but I'd be totally OK with the Pacers in the finals as it would mean that we already had a very entertaining series with an incredibly satisfying result prior to that.

Stern WON'T allow it though. In his mind, the state of Indiana does not even exist.