Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Remember the game when Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown scored 84 points combined?

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    What do you mean it didn't happen?
    I mean it didn't happen. As in there is no game in LeBron's career where he put up 52/12/12....

Default Re: Remember the game when Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown scored 84 points combined?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I mean it didn't happen. As in there is no game in LeBron's career where he put up 52/12/12....
    Pretty sure it was against the Knicks.

Great college starter

Stat padding against the Raptors surely is the greatest performance of all time.
    That fourth quarter was a ****ing disgrace to the game I love the most.

Banned

It was just a hot shooting night by Kobe
    Uh.. Yes, and how does that lessen it as an achievement? That's like saying player X's game-winning shot was "just hot shooting" or team Y's championship was "just hot defense."

Kobe's 81 point game was impressive, if just for one reason alone: because it's a scoring accomplishment that hasn't been attained by hardly any players in the history of the NBA. Kobe's 81 point game was the single highest scoring performance by an NBA player that has ever been broadcast on television.
    Last edited by JohnnyWall; 11-26-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

He's from the same group of posters that's been in every Cavs/Heat thread throughout the last 3 years just so they can type

"LeBron stat padding " or "LeStatPad"

But yeah, now nothing is wrong with it.
    I seriously don't see how people call Lebron is a stat padder when his production was leading his team to back to back 60 win seasons with his 2nd best player being Mo Williams.

But FYI I'm not a fan of Lebron. Mainly the league and media is to blame for this with the way they were labeling him coming into the NBA at 18 years old as the "Chosen One" and "King James" when he hasn't even proven anything. I understand hyping a player up and all but that was a bit much for my taste. And it's carried with me his entire career. And while I'm still not a fan, I am convinced he's lived up to the hype.

Learning to shoot layups

Yea... Kobe knows your mad. xD.

It was just a hot shooting night by Kobe who is reknown for 1 thing "volume shooting".

It was bound to happen it was impressive but not in the sense of all-time performances.

There have been so many better all around performances against actual decent nba teams.

That night will be know for two thing. Kobe's scoring and one of the worst defensive showings of all time.

what a joke you are.

Top 20.. probably, top 10 doubtful.
    You are a complete joke. I will admit it wasnt the greatest performance ever but to sit here and say its very possible to do, then why has it only been done twice in NBA history? Yes Toronto was bad defensively but if you watched the game, you would see that once Kobe started getting hot, they were throwing multiple defenders at him. It doesnt matter how good you are offensively if you have two to three guys infront of you, its very hard to shoot, and shoot the way he did that night.

I will agree with you that it wasnt the best ever, I actually believe his 62 against Dallas in 3 quarters against their defense was more impressive. He probably would have beaten his 81 points had Phil kept him in.

All-Time regular season performance.

D-Wade vs Chicago in 09.

48 Points / 6 rebounds / 12 assists / 4 steals / 3 blocks

15-21 .714% FG% / 5-6 3PT .833% 3PT%

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    Uh.. Yes, and how does that lessen it as an achievement? That's like saying player X's game-winning shot was "just hot shooting" or team Y's championship was "just hot defense."

Kobe's 81 point game was impressive.
    I said it was impressive.
    A unique and impressive performance.

I just personally dont think it would be in my top 10 all time RS performances.

NBA sixth man of the year

Nope. Never happened bro, sorry.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I know Lebron has a few 40 point triple doubles, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any 50 point triple doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    I know Lebron has a few 40 point triple doubles, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any 50 point triple doubles.
    I'll look for it.

I could swear he went for 52/12/12.

No, like I already told you in the previous post, he had only 9 rebounds that game. He initially had 10, but when the game was reviewed, they took the 10th rebound away because it was just Ben Wallace passing him the ball.

No, like I already told you in the previous post, he had only 9 rebounds that game. He initially had 10, but when the game was reviewed, they took the 10th rebound away because it was just Ben Wallace passing him the ball.
    Well 52/9/10-12 is just as impressive to me its not like getting the extra rebound makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    I seriously don't see how people call Lebron is a stat padder when his production was leading his team to back to back 60 win seasons with his 2nd best player being Mo Williams.

But FYI I'm not a fan of Lebron. Mainly the league and media is to blame for this with the way they were labeling him coming into the NBA at 18 years old as the "Chosen One" and "King James" when he hasn't even proven anything. I understand hyping a player up and all but that was a bit much for my taste. And it's carried with me his entire career. And while I'm still not a fan, I am convinced he's lived up to the hype.
    They say it usually when he plays a minute or two in the fourth quarter of a blowout and scores or gets an assist. They're always there to point out "see!! he's getting empty stats so his look better!!"

Imagine that. There's always 3 or 4 trolls (of a certain specific player) in every thread about a game LeBron is in, just so they can point out every negative they see. Including when he scores if the coach puts him in the game if there's a large margin.

But no, when other players stat pad, nothing is wrong with it...

Well 52/9/10-12 is just as impressive to me its not like getting the extra rebound makes a big difference.
    Scoring is more impressive than overall games. People remember Jordan's 69, or his 63 in the playoffs. Not his 40/12/9 game whenever.

People remember Chamberlain's 100, Kobe's 81, David Robinson's 72(or 71?), and Shaq's 61. Scoring outputs are both more memorable and more impressive.