Default Honoring Dream Team 3

Just wanted to take a second and honor the team that never could be....my team this year 100% healthy minus freak injuries. It's just tragic that such a legendary team never could come together, because if they had, imo the GOAT team in premier league history. Just wanted to pay a small tribute to this team

Guards:

PG: Ricky Rubio

SG: Stephen Curry

G: Brandon Jennings

Best guard trio in the league? What I loved about these guys, you had 2 guys who could shoot lights out in Curry and Jennings. I think this guard duo would average more 3s than any guard duo in the league. Then you had 2 defensive monsters in Curry and Rubio, both easily capable of averaging 2+ steals per game and would rank amongst Top 5 in steals. Curry actually led the league in steals this year last I checked (and 3s) while Rubio has been Top 3 last 2 years. Lastly, all 3 could pass. You got THREE 7+ apg guys. Creating almost what I would call the 'perfect' guard backcourt in the league.

Forwards:

SF: Trevor Ariza

PF: Dwight Howard

F: Paul Millsap

Another great mix of forwards. You had your gunner/defensive beast in Trevor Ariza, amongst Top 10 in 3s and steals, and only Curry gets more 3s/steals than this guy. You had your inside presence with Dwight Howard, amongst the best pure bigman in the game we all know. And then you had a combination superstar of them both, Paul Millsap. He could hit a trey a game, get you 2 steals, and get big with 8rpg/1bpg.

Centers:

C: DeAndre Jordan

C: Andre Drummond

Don't really have to say anything here. 2 monsters.

Util:

Terrence Jones

Rudy Gobert

Here are 2 interesting ones. Let's start with Gobert, used my #2 waiver on this guy, has put up Top 20 numbers since. Fits right there with my other 3 bigmen, able to shoot high FG, rebound, and block shots like no other. Then you have Terrence Jones, imagine if he had not gotten that freak injury. Used my 6th round pick on him, had expectations of 2nd-4th round returns. Saw a glimpse of that as he put up 2nd round numbers in his 1st 4 games. And then tragedy happened. Nonetheless, with him healthy, without freak injuries, he would be the last UTIL on my loaded roster. That is speaking volumes.

Bench:

Mario Chalmers

Channing Frye

Jameer Nelson

A very capable bench. You got another ball theif and PG in Mario with good upside. Frye automatic consistent 3 point shooter, and Nelson, underrated man.

I challenge anyone (including myself) to put out a better roster than that. And I mean statistically not your opinion. Using say season average stats, could your team have taken that team in any 5 categories? The answer is no. People talk about the 3D (Dwight-Drummond-DeAndre), but forget how great my guards were (arguably the best guard trio), and you got Steph Curry there ffs.

PS: If you really want to compare stats with that team, swap TJ with an equivalent 3pt shooter like Wes Matthews. Or even the best 3pt shooter in FA if your desperate.

Lets just really give that team a round of applause, what a roster.

*Claps*
    Last edited by GP_20; 01-27-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: Honoring Dream Team 2

you woulda walked thru the league if injuries didnt strike u hard. definetely the best team in the league all healthy. maybe best ever.
    Last edited by baseketball4life; 01-26-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

As manager, you led this team to a record of 3-9.

Undoubtedly one of the worst managers in Premier history, if not, the worst.

And that roster wasn't ever winning anything, which is why you went 3-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    As manager, you led this team to a record of 3-9.

Undoubtedly one of the worst managers in Premier history, if not, the worst.

And that roster wasn't ever winning anything, which is why you went 3-9.
    You know, I even bolded so the absolute most dumbest members can catch it

my team this year 100% healthy

The only time this year we even saw that is when I had Rubio healthy. Went 2-0. That is the only record related to this thread that is relevant.

Lets not make this a thread fighting, and just appreciating.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    You know, I even bolded so the absolute most dumbest members can catch it

The only time this year we even saw that is when I had Rubio healthy. Went 2-0. That is the only record related to this thread that is relevant.

Lets not make this a thread fighting, and just appreciating.
    This wasn't your team that went 2-0.

This wasn't your team that went 2-0.
    Yeah this team is much better (unarguably).

Players to add somewhere on that roster:

Kemba Walker (Ok fine if we don't want to count "cheap injury adds" then I'll stick with Len.) Add Ellington. Add Foye maybe. Bogut tooo.

Terrence Jones and Rudy Gobert would have been UTIL if no injuries. That's unbelievable.
    Last edited by GP_20; 03-16-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Guards: Rubio, Curry, Jennings
    Forwards: Ariza, Dwight, Milsap/Green
    Centers: Dwight, DeAndre
    Util/Bench: Gobert, Terrence Jones, Kemba, Bogut, Foye, Chalmers, Henson

That's what my team would've been 100% healthy.

You know, you just look at those names, and you can just imagine just how destructive such a squad would be. Its crazy. Sky once said, and I quote, "Glove if your team was never injured, not only would it be the best team in Premier League history, but it would be the best team in any 14 team league ever".

But injuries happen. With injuries and near the end of the year, I still had Curry, Rubio, Kemba, Smart, Ariza, Dwight, Drummond, DeAndre, Draymond, Bogut, etc. That's still one crazy roster.

Yes I missed the playoffs. By 0.5 games. It couldn't be any worse and tragic. The list of why is kind of long and quite frankly embarrassing.

1) I blew several categories over the year benching players trying to manage. Matchup against gtrain was the most recent, matchup against PLR in short week was the worse of the managing chokes. Several more.

2) I lose to Sizz....who wasn't even here....twice...

3) I went 3-8 against the bottom 7 teams...with that roster

4) I quit. Then I quit again. Then I quit again. One exaxmple, I had quit, and I was up 8-1 against B4life, and I had the option of easily making it 9-0 (had TOs locked, could've taken assists). I passed.

5) I held on to Terrence Jones. For nothing dropped later. Then I held on to Dwight. For nothing dropped later. And this pattern of holding onto injured players for nothing is a long one. One example, against Pete lost by 4reb/3stl (TOs lost anyways)...because I had Dwight on my roster, only to drop him a week later.

6) I got backed stabbed by Navid. We know the story. Dude gives it everything he has lucking out against me, and next week doesn't even edit his lineup fully

And EVEN with all these total fukups....

7) Final week of the season....I decide to pick up Brandon Jennings. That ends up being the difference in making playoffs and missing.

^^^^^You look at that list, and you keep saying, wow thats bad, wow thats bad, wow thats bad, its hard to say which was the worst.

During these playoffs, I saw I would've beaten everyone in the 2nd round and everyone in the Finals (had 1st round bye). Easily.

So I look at this list, and I see any of that, even f*uc*king not picking up Jennings the last week of the season, could have been the difference between me winning the championship and me missing the playoffs......and its just heart-breaking. Really. I've felt a lot of pain the last few weeks. Pain I don't want to experience again, so I'm moving on and never playing in this league again.

So what legacy am I leaving behind, in my mind at least.

Well, check the thread's title. Check the OP. No matter where it placed, the team I constructed was one of a kind. It definitely was the best team healthy, and quite easily the best team overall.

In the postseason, it, without editing lineup, carrying Rubio/Jennings, not much managing effort, easily went through and won the Consolation Championship against the group I went 3-8 against during the regular season. Furtermore, the teams in the "actual" playoffs, it would have had no problem beating as well. Iamgine, the league "champion", I would've beat 7-2 in the finals, and I beat him in the regular season 5-4 WITHOUT EDITING MY LINEUP lol. Sky? Runner-up? Swept by that squad 2-0 handidly (13-5)

The main point is, that team was amazing. How it handled other squads without lineup edits and so on was impressive. And I constructed it. That's my legacy.

Pete once said, the best team doesn't always win. I agree. See this thread for the best team.

It was a fun ride managing this team, and I'm glad at least the ending was nice. Nice to leave winning and on top. I'm willing to remember this team as my last memory in Premier and winning in dominant effortless fashion to finish the year off.

I retire as a Champion

Good luck to you all and I genuinely mean that. I had a good time returning this year. Hope this league continues to prosper for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    Yes I missed the playoffs. By 0.5 games. It couldn't be any worse and tragic. The list of why is kind of long and quite frankly embarrassing.

1) I blew several categories over the year benching players trying to manage. Matchup against gtrain was the most recent, matchup against PLR in short week was the worse of the managing chokes. Several more.

2) I lose to Sizz....who wasn't even here....twice...

3) I went 3-8 against the bottom 7 teams...with that roster

4) I quit. Then I quit again. Then I quit again. One exaxmple, I had quit, and I was up 8-1 against B4life, and I had the option of easily making it 9-0 (had TOs locked, could've taken assists). I passed.

5) I held on to Terrence Jones. For nothing dropped later. Then I held on to Dwight. For nothing dropped later. And this pattern of holding onto injured players for nothing is a long one. One example, against Pete lost by 4reb/3stl (TOs lost anyways)...because I had Dwight on my roster, only to drop him a week later.

6) I got backed stabbed by Navid. We know the story. Dude gives it everything he has lucking out against me, and next week doesn't even edit his lineup fully

And EVEN with all these total fukups....

7) Final week of the season....I decide to pick up Brandon Jennings. That ends up being the difference in making playoffs and missing.

^^^^^You look at that list, and you keep saying, wow thats bad, wow thats bad, wow thats bad, its hard to say which was the worst.

During these playoffs, I saw I would've beaten everyone in the 2nd round and everyone in the Finals (had 1st round bye). Easily.

So I look at this list, and I see any of that, even f*uc*king not picking up Jennings the last week of the season, could have been the difference between me winning the championship and me missing the playoffs......and its just heart-breaking. Really. I've felt a lot of pain the last few weeks. Pain I don't want to experience again, so I'm moving on and never playing in this league again.
    Quoted the relevant part because results, not narrative, are what matter.

Also wanted to say, if you made the playoffs, it probably would have been at my expense and you would have taken out Sky in the 4/5 matchup. In the second round versus Overdosed Redux (statman32), you would have lost 5-4 (feel free to check the 2nd round matchup numbers) and relegated yourself to a 3rd place matchup. So, no, you would not have won the title, you did not win the title, but as I've said all year, your team was solid, just not quite worthy of a top 6 finish this year. There is no shame in a 7th place finish for a rookie.

As always, you finish the year in my shadow, below me, where you belong, got to have heart to pass me. You never had the heart to compete.

Also wanted to say, if you made the playoffs, it probably would have been at my expense and you would have taken out Sky in the 4/5 matchup. In the second round versus Overdosed Redux (statman32), you would have lost 5-4 (feel free to check the 2nd round matchup numbers) and relegated yourself to a 3rd place matchup. So, no, you would not have won the title, you did not win the title, but as I've said all year, your team was solid, just not quite worthy of a top 6 finish this year. There is no shame in a 7th place finish for a rookie.
    I obviously wouldn't have kept Jennings and Rubio on my roster in the 2nd round if I was in the playoffs
    WITH Jennings/Rubio out for season, would've lost 4-5 including 3 threes, 5 steals, and 67 points. I'm sure 2 FAs (I had my eye on Ross) would've made up for it.

Again, I'm speaking if I actually was in the playoffs, needless to say, I wouldn't have Rubio and Brandon Jennings on my roster. Thought you could figure out that by yourself.

But whatever, what is done is done. I have no pleasure in talking about the title that could have been mine. I want to move on.