Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

So has everyone been struggling with their team mates being shit? I keep hearing that, but I just won the championship with the Hornets in game 7 OT and the most I ever had to score in the playoff run was 35 points.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    So has everyone been struggling with their team mates being shit? I keep hearing that, but I just won the championship with the Hornets in game 7 OT and the most I ever had to score in the playoff run was 35 points.
    Depends. Some games they are amazing and I don't have to do much. Others, they're complete trash and can't make a shot to save their lives. I'd say overall they aren't as bad as previous years.

After playing my first season as a PG with the Bucks, I moved on to play for the Pacers in year two. When I joined the Bucks in year one, they were 18-28 and about 7 or 8 games out of the 8th playoff spot. We finished the season 26-10 to go 44-38, and made the playoffs as the 7-seed. Got past the Heat in round one (won the series 4-2), and lost a pretty epic ECSF to the Bulls 4-3.

Night and day difference in going from playing with the Bucks to playing with the Pacers. As a PG I can pretty much get as many assists as I want with George and C.J. Miles sniping the long ball and West and Hibbert finishing inside. I'm 19 games into the season and we're 17-2 with my two losses coming to the Thunder at home where we lost a high scoring contest 133-129, and to the Cavs on the road in OT.

I've only had to go into "f**k passing, shoot only" mode three or four games this season. Seems like teammates in 2K15 are much more consistent than they were in years past. I'm averaging 27 PPG, 14 APG, 7 RPG, and 3 SPG. Paul George (16 PPG), David West (13 PPG), C.J. Miles (12 PPG), and Roy Hibbert (11 PPG) are all averaging 10+ PPG. Our starting lineup is lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Still playing too many minutes in blowouts. And for some reason the fouls have disappeared. Animations where guys are literally being grabbed and thrown to the floor aren't resulting in free throws anymore
    How is that supposed to work? I just always assumed in blowouts you got your minutes no matter what. I'm at 37 minutes in the rotation, now, so in 25+ point blowouts I'm running in the 4th quarter with the two fictional rookies we drafted in the off-season, Rudez, and Andre Miller or George Hill, while the other 4 starters are resting. And since I went from the Bucks to the Pacers, 25ish+ point blowouts are more frequent. It'd be nice if my player got to sit out the entire 4th quarter if we've got a 25 point lead heading into it; over time you could get more games in that way.

And for some reason the fouls have disappeared. Animations where guys are literally being grabbed and thrown to the floor aren't resulting in free throws anymore
    I've had this a few times in the finals btw. There were HARD fouls on me and big Al with no calls. At the same time, Perkins got hit with flagrants on me twice in the series for basically nothing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    How is that supposed to work? I just always assumed in blowouts you got your minutes no matter what. I'm at 37 minutes in the rotation, now, so in 25+ point blowouts I'm running in the 4th quarter with the two fictional rookies we drafted in the off-season, Rudez, and Andre Miller or George Hill, while the other 4 starters are resting. And since I went from the Bucks to the Pacers, 25ish+ point blowouts are more frequent. It'd be nice if my player got to sit out the entire 4th quarter if we've got a 25 point lead heading into it; over time you could get more games in that way.
    Yeah that's what I mean. If we're up 20+ heading into the 4th, I should only play maybe the first 4-5 minutes. But I'll still play almost the entire 4th until I hit about 41 minutes even though my minutes in the rotation are around 36. The subbing is weird too. The game doesn't sub based on situation, so we can be in the middle of a run and the coach will sit me for like 2 minutes, killing all of our momentum.

how does one even get their face scanned? i can't even get the kninect to recognize my face

Yeah that's what I mean. If we're up 20+ heading into the 4th, I should only play maybe the first 4-5 minutes. But I'll still play almost the entire 4th until I hit about 41 minutes even though my minutes in the rotation are around 36. The subbing is weird too. The game doesn't sub based on situation, so we can be in the middle of a run and the coach will sit me for like 2 minutes, killing all of our momentum.
    The last part of your post may be my biggest gripe about the game. I hate when I get my usual first rest after playing the entire 1st quarter. Some games I might come out with a minute or 90 seconds to go, but I usually play the entire first quarter. And occasionally we'll have a 15-20 point lead by that point, however I always stay on the bench until there's 3-4 minutes to go in the second quarter, and what feel like way too often, the CPU has trimmed the lead down to 5 or fewer points.

So my Charlotte team got past the Heat, Cavs, and Bulls to get to the NBA finals where we're down 2-0. Who knew losing Kemba Walker to injury would ruin our amazing playoff run.
    Does Kemba automatically get injured if you're a PG in Charlotte? Same thing happened to me.

I'm on my 2nd 10 day contract. Is it possible to just play so shitty that you get waived? And the "Good/Bad game" detection is terrible. I've gotten pulled aside by Big Al a couple of times after playing decently well (B+ teammate rating, 17 points on 100% shooting and 3-4 assists in 10 minutes of burn) and tell me I'm playing like "an old grandma." GFY, my ni[COLOR="Black"]gg[/COLOR]a.

Banned

Does anyone know how to get a shoe endorsement? I've unlocked them all except gatorade, sprite, state farm, and sprint, but still no shoe deal

I have an 88 Center in the playoffs of my third season. Play for the Knicks.

I play on HOF, 10 minutes.

The difficulty bonus means I get 800 - 1200 vc each game.

When I play the games, I probably average around 18, 12, 3 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Does Kemba automatically get injured if you're a PG in Charlotte? Same thing happened to me.
    Well I'm not a PG but he was healthy most of the season and well into the playoffs.

They're absolutely shit in my game. My team's shooting 71% from the stripe right now, DMC is missing every layup while averaging 8 points a game on 23% shooting, and Rudy Gay can't hit a wide-open shot to save his mother's life. Not to mention the shitty rebounding, getting raped defensively by pick and rolls, and every ball handler besides myself turning the ball over after ignoring my pass calls.

Still playing it, but Jesus is it frustrating.

Banned

My teammates actually arent bad. I am a pg on the knicks. The lineup is

pg - me
    sg - Hardaway Jr
    sf - Melo
    pf - Amare
    c - Bargs

Amare and Bargs are trash, but everytime I dish it to hardaway and melo, they usually hit their shots. Im on my second year, end of january and we only have 3 losses. Still dont have a shoe deal, I have every other major endorsement but cant get the shoe deal!

Anybody noticed how some unrealistic stats are when you simulate in MyGM/League

I did a MyLeague with the 98 Lakers in place of the current Lakers. Line-up was Fisher-Kobe-Jones-Horry-Shaq. I switched all the plays in the playbook so that they would be running the triangle. I slowed down the pace and made them play physical D and focus on rebounding. The offence would run through Shaq 1st, Kobe 2nd and Jones 3rd.

We ended up being a top 5 defence but one of the worst scoring teams in the league. Low point averages, low shooting percentages across the board, low assists and low offensive rebounds. Shaq only averaged 19/10 on 49% shooting, despite him averaged 28/11 on 58% IRL in 1998. Kobe and EJ both averaged 20/5/5 with Jones leading the league in steals at 3 and a bit per game. Horry averaged about 2/2 and was useless except for spacing. In the playoffs we got swept in the first round by the Kings. Boogie outplayed Shaq - 25/12 on 53% (Boogie) to 20/9 on 48% (Shaq).

Brandon Jennings was All-NBA 1st averaging something like 25/8 on 50% and 40% from 3.

Another gripe is how the All-D teams, DPOY and MVP are chosen. In a different MyLeague file, I rebuilt the Lakers with a fictional C to pair with Julius Randle and some other fictional players. We won 65 games with my C averaged 23/12/3/1/3 but Durant won MVP with 60 wins because he averaged 30/8/5/1/1 but had Westbrook on the All-NBA 1st and Westbrook AND Ibaka on the All-D 1st.