Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Is Duncan the best player for Team USA to not win gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I know Duncan have more hardware than iverson but I personally think he is the better player. Duncan was blessed from being raised in coach pops and mentored by david robinson. That's just my personal opinion. Any star power forward could replace duncan.
    This nicca ain't afraid to stand on his own.

I do disagree, though.

College superstar

I know Duncan have more hardware than iverson but I personally think he is the better player. Duncan was blessed from being raised in coach pops and mentored by david robinson. That's just my personal opinion. Any star power forward could replace duncan.
    Dear. God.

Get this man to rehab. On the double.

Man, Realkid put all these disclaimers on the post that this is just personal opinion, but people are still ripping on him as if he's proclaiming AI the best.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    LOL @ the nut hugging for Duncan
    Usually by casuals who want to be viewed as "hardcore basketball fans" ... the red carpet of excuses is always laid out for this guy. It never stops. Meanwhile everyone else gets over anlayzed, and critiqued.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Usually by casuals who want to be viewed as "hardcore basketball fans" ... the red carpet of excuses is always laid out for this guy. It never stops. Meanwhile everyone else gets over anlayzed, and critiqued.
    So ranking Duncan over Iverson makes people Duncan nut-huggers that want to be viewed as "hardcore basketball fans"? Ok buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Man, Realkid put all these disclaimers on the post that this is just personal opinion, but people are still ripping on him as if he's proclaiming AI the best.
    If I say George Gervin > Shaq and say it's just my opinion. You think I'm not going to get ripped for it? The fact that it's an opinion doen't make it any less wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    So ranking Duncan over Iverson makes people Duncan nut-huggers that want to be viewed as "hardcore basketball fans"? Ok buddy.
    I didn't say that, I am referring to the Duncan "nut hugging" and his perpetual red carpet of excuses. Guy was absolute ass in the 2004 Olympics, and no one can deny that. He was the guy who needed to perform the best for us to win, and he failed miserably.

I didn't say that, I am referring to the Duncan "nut hugging" and his perpetual red carpet of excuses. Guy was absolute ass in the 2004 Olympics, and no one can deny that. He was the guy who needed to perform the best for us to win, and he failed miserably.
    I made a whole thread calling you out where i explained how duncan didn't play like ass, and this was his worst game of the tourney.

i gave yOu clips and quotes and you had no response. all you do is go around posting saying 'duncan was ass'.

well, get in my thread and give me some examples of this. i have a lot more footage that proves you wrong.

this guy is legit the worst poster on this board. makes a blanket statement and as soon as someone calls him on it he goes into 'thats not what i mean' mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    I made a whole thread calling you out where i explained how duncan didn't play like ass, and this was his worst game of the tourney.

i gave yOu clips and quotes and you had no response. all you do is go around posting saying 'duncan was ass'.
    I don't respect you enough to reply, or even really notice you. When you've been here for a year, I'll hit that thread up. Bookmarked even. Duncan was poor in the 2004 Olympics to the standards he should've been at, considering he was one of the top 3 players in the league, this is undeniable. Young AD just had a better tournament than prime Duncan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Ok, well up to the point of the nut hugging post that you quoted, all the conversation was about Iverson vs Duncan, and not excuses for Duncan, so I hope you could see where I got that assumption.

I don't respect you enough to reply, or even really notice you. When you've been here for a year, I'll hit that thread up. Bookmarked even. Duncan was poor in the 2004 Olympics to the standards he should've been at, considering he was one of the top 3 players in the league, this is undeniable. Young AD just had a better tournament than prime Duncan.
    More blanket statements with nothing to back them up. you've already admitted that you dont know what you are talking about because it should take you less than a minute to come up with a sensible reply.

he's talking about respecting people on the internet before he replies. crazy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    More blanket statements with nothing to back them up. you've already admitted that you dont know what you are talking about because it should take you less than a minute to come up with a sensible reply.

he's talking about respecting people on the internet before he replies. crazy world.
    Lol Swish can be a good poster, but he just sounded like a pretentious jerkoff there.

3-time NBA All-Star

Considering how other USA teams destroyed their competition. Then it just shows how stupid people are for overrating the iverson/lebron/oscar type of players. Just look at what iverson did to team USA and his NBA teams. Just look at how underachieving bran is despite having the best team in the history. Two superstars at their prime. Nobody can match that. And robertson? LOL the guy is top 10 without a ring as the man.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    I see why people hate Knick fans so much. Some of the stuff that comes out of Real14's mouth is unreal.

Knicks fans are funny as hell