Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

I really hope they make major improvements to gameplay involving "cheese." You know what I mean, right? You play against someone online and they're able to knock down fadeaway 3's with Bird all game while being double-teamed, drive to basket and dunk on everybody with either MJ or LeBron, draw a charge as soon as you inbound the ball at the other end of the court, etc.
    They better also make it possible to block dunks.

And I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping 2K adjusts MyTeam mode, making it more enjoyable. Maybe remove the "Road to the Playoffs" and add something entirely different. Like what? Too much to post, not enough time right now.

Pretty awesome news.

14 Euroleague teams to appear in NBA 2K14

Euroleague Basketball has signed a multi-year global licensing partnership with 2K Sports, which will see its teams incorporated into the next edition of the NBA 2K14 video game developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio.

It will be the first time Euroleague teams have been included in the popular franchise and will allow gamers to pit Euroleague teams against those from the National Basketball Association (NBA). The game will be released in October.

-- SportsProMedia

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

Euroleague Basketball has signed a multi-year global licensing partnership with 2K Sports, which will see its teams incorporated into the next edition of the NBA 2K14 video game developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio.

It will be the first time Euroleague teams have been included in the popular franchise and will allow gamers to pit Euroleague teams against those from the National Basketball Association (NBA). The game will be released in October.

-- SportsProMedia

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

-- SportsProMedia
    Euroleague(poster) is jizzing all over his Xbox now.

Banned

Would be sick if they added Olympics for MyPlayer mode. They just gotta add more foreign team.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I don't understand people that think like this when it comes to buying a sports game, unless it has their favorite player on the cover. It's not like you buy the game and stare at the cover all the time. This is especially true with 2K, but when I first buy it, it doesn't leave my PS3 for a few months; so the only time I see the cover during that time is while I'm taking it out of the plastic wrapping. After that, I put it back in the drawer next to the TV I play video games on and it's out of sight. And even when I do get a little tired of it, and star going back-and-forth between 2K and another game or two, it's not like I pause for a few minutes to look at the cover.

So again, who the hell cares who's on the cover? I can't imagine that ever being the main or sole reason why I wouldn't buy a video game.
    It was a joke bro. I have 2K10 and I hate Kobe. I did skip 2K13 though because I didn't feel it would be a big step up from 2K12 and it had my favorite player on the cover.

Yeah, I'd like to find out more about My Player/Career mode, and whether the Euroleague teams will be a part of it, or whether they're just there for quick match/online purposes.

They need to drastically improve the defense on their garbage engine, seriously how many times can Lebron mash turbo button and dunk on your whole team. The fastbreak cheese in this game is retarded, I can't defend and control 5 players at the same time. All it takes is one inbound pass to halfcourt then an alley oop or bounce pass and it's an instant dunk, or Lebron can just outrun everyone and dunk on 3 people.

2k11 and 2k12 had "sticky" defense and it wasn't so braindead easy to abuse drives and dunk every time, I played some amazing defense in 2k12 and destroyed cheesers that just spammed Lebron/Wade. Now in 2k13 it doesn't matter what you do vs Heat Allen/Battie/Lebron/Chalmers hit every 3 while Wade somehow hits fadeaway mid range jumpers and Lebron is 100% inside in the paint no matter how many people you defend him with.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    They need to drastically improve the defense on their garbage engine, seriously how many times can Lebron mash turbo button and dunk on your whole team. The fastbreak cheese in this game is retarded, I can't defend and control 5 players at the same time. All it takes is one inbound pass to halfcourt then an alley oop or bounce pass and it's an instant dunk, or Lebron can just outrun everyone and dunk on 3 people.

2k11 and 2k12 had "sticky" defense and it wasn't so braindead easy to abuse drives and dunk every time, I played some amazing defense in 2k12 and destroyed cheesers that just spammed Lebron/Wade. Now in 2k13 it doesn't matter what you do vs Heat Allen/Battie/Lebron/Chalmers hit every 3 while Wade somehow hits fadeaway mid range jumpers and Lebron is 100% inside in the paint no matter how many people you defend him with.
    This. Whenever I play a Versus match online and see that the opponent is picking the Heat, I simply back out of the match without it affecting my record. It's not even a Heat-hater mentality for me. I really dislike the turbo/dunking cheese.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    It was a joke bro. I have 2K10 and I hate Kobe. I did skip 2K13 though because I didn't feel it would be a big step up from 2K12 and it had my favorite player on the cover.
    2k12 was the worst 2k in years.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    2k12 was the worst 2k in years.
    Was 2K13 a step-up then? I'm asking because I never played it. Graviton's post makes it sound horrible. Plus I know my bro-in-law plays it and he said it's pretty buggy as well.

Banned

It's been confirmed that Euroleague teams won't be implemented into My Player or Association and will only be able to be used in quick match and online games. I'll probably never touch the Euroleague teams now. F[COLOR="Black"]ucking[/COLOR] sucks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Was 2K13 a step-up then? I'm asking because I never played it. Graviton's post makes it sound horrible. Plus I know my bro-in-law plays it and he said it's pretty buggy as well.
    2K13 was definitely a step up. Don't know what Graviton's saying but the gameplay was much worse in 2K12 than it was in either 2K11 or 2K13. If you go back and play a game in 2K12 after playing 2K13, you'll notice how frustrating it is and broken.

2K11 > 2K13 >> 2K12

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    2K13 was definitely a step up. Don't know what Graviton's saying but the gameplay was much worse in 2K12 than it was in either 2K11 or 2K13. If you go back and play a game in 2K12 after playing 2K13, you'll notice how frustrating it is and broken.

2K11 > 2K13 >> 2K12
    Damn man, I really miss 2K11. I gotta get my copy back from my coworker.