Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: There is only one thing that can turn this Laker team around

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Just answer the question would you take that poster seriously? So if the Lakers were 28-8 with Kobe playing the exact same way you still wouldn't consider him a chucker?
    It's rhetorical. Obviously, I wouldn't criticize Kobe; his team is winning.

Thing is, Kobe not playing defense and shooting 20+ shots a game is NOT working right now.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    It's rhetorical. Obviously, I wouldn't criticize Kobe; his team is winning.

Thing is, Kobe not playing defense and shooting 20+ shots a game is NOT working right now.
    No the question actually wasn't rhetorical. My point is that you're a Clippers fan and even if their record was 15-20 I doubt that you'd place the blame all on the best player on the team(Chris Paul) and I doubt that you'd say oh well this isn't working let's run the ball through Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin and put Paul into a position that does not suit his strength. Now imagine the Clippers gave up 120 points a game, there's no way you're blaming it all on Chris Paul putting up "empty stats"

And if the Lakers were winning of course you'd criticize Kobe, you'd just give all the credit to his teammates like you did in your first couple posts in this thread.

No the question actually wasn't rhetorical.
    It is because it depends on the team. In a vacuum, of course I wouldn't. His teams winning. But that's not the way it works. ATM, LA needs Kobe's defense more than anything else.

The fact he's a liability on that end is a joke.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    It is because it depends on the team. In a vacuum, of course I wouldn't. His teams winning. But that's not the way it works. ATM, LA needs Kobe's defense more than anything else. The fact he's a liability on that end is a joke.
    Well that's why I used Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan as an example, not Kareem and Mchale Again I'm wondering why does it all fall on Kobe defensively. Dwight, Pau, Nash(again can't really blame him he is what he is) and most of the bench players have been horrible defensively. Yet you're asking a 34 year old guard who's defense everyone has admitted has slipped to cover up for the mistakes of 4 other players. Not to mention a coach who doesn't give a damn about the defensive end and who's obviously not drawing up any defensive schemes.

The numbers says the Lakers are substantially better with Kobe on the floor than with him off it. Even if you watch the games you can see that. I'm really trying to understand your logic here.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore talamo's Avatar

Kobe is the reason for the Laker struggles. He plays no defense, his teammates are trash and he cant carry them. The only way he can win is with a roster stacked from top to bottom. some peoples have him in their top 10 all time
    I bet Lebron on this years Lakers go 82-0
    Smh at Kobe fans who think this guy is anything more than an overrated ineffecient brick chucker

[COLOR="White"]
    amidoinitrite?[/COLOR]

Well that's why I used Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan as an example, not Kareem and Mchale
    It's not the same because Paul and Kobe are two completely different players w/ contrary roles. The answer you're looking for isn't simply a yes or no. You gotta take some factors into account.

Again I'm wondering why does it all fall on Kobe defensively. Dwight, Pau, Nash(again can't really blame
    Because he's not playing any? My thing is, if he can jack up 20+ shots to average 30ppg, why cant he play defense? Everyone blows right past him leaving Dwight and Pau to do everything.

6 losses in a row and 6 games below .500. Will this be the loss that will bring about a major trade?