Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Can Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James score 35,000+ points in their career?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Whats he averaging this year? 29? I don't see why he won't crack 30 many times over the years.
    28.4 lol but still that is only 2329 points compared to 2460 and thats a difference of 131 points a season. Can he add an extra 130 points? We will see, but I can't say that I believe he is going to ever lead the league in scoring, especially as his teams continue to get better.

Default Re: Can Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James score 35,000+ points in their career?

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    28.4 lol but still that is only 2329 points compared to 2460 and thats a difference of 131 points a season. Can he add an extra 130 points? We will see, but I can't say that I believe he is going to ever lead the league in scoring, especially as his teams continue to get better.
    Depends on the development on Westbrook and Green.

No reason he cant, Green can be a 15-20ppg guy, if westbrook turns into more of a facilitator it would work in Durants favour, same with harden. Heck kobe leads the league in ppg with far better company, no reason durant can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Quata
    No reason he cant, Green can be a 15-20ppg guy, if westbrook turns into more of a facilitator it would work in Durants favour, same with harden. Heck kobe leads the league in ppg with far better company, no reason durant can't.
    Sure but as the team gets better the minutes will get shorter, and IMO that is a big what if on Westbrook, but that JMO. And to note I said I don't think he will be the dominant scorer that many think that he will be, not that he isn't a great scorer.

Kevin Durant- 60%
    Lebron James-45%
    Carmelo Anthony- 15%

of getting that mark.

LeBron is currently the youngest NBA player to ever score 14,000 points.

LeBron would score over 35,000 points, but I rather see him win more NBA Finals and Regular Season MVP than Kobe.

Lebron will have 25k points by the time he hits 30, but by then he'll likely be starting his decline as well, so the last 10k points are going to be hard. He has a good shot at getting there though.

Melos production seems to fluctuate a lot, and he's behind Lebron by several thousand points already, even though he's a bit older, so I doubt he gets there.

Durant is too early to tell, he doesn't even have 5k points yet, so speculating on whether he'll get to 35k is not reasonable at this point.

Kobe has a good shot at getting 35k, he's got about 25k at the moment, so 10k more needed, and he doesn't seem to have slowed down yet. Assuming a gradual decline from current levels he should be able to get there in another 5 seasons, by which time he'd be 36. I think he'll be able to do that, but by then he'll have played 19 seasons, and around 1400 games, so retirement will be looming.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Lebron will be at 40k by the time he retires. In six season he can be at 28k. He'll only be 30-31.
    He's an underdog to do this. His current pace isn't that much better than Kobe's, and Kobe's a big dog to it as well.

You also have to take into consideration that it's less likely for him to have years where he scores say 35ppg for the year, given his playing style (he shoots less than MJ/Kobe), and the fact that he most likely wont be on a bad team any time soon. Look at MJ and Kobe, their highest scoring years came on their worst teams, which makes sense. You think Lebron is going to be on any bad teams any time soon? Cause I sure don't. Dude is going to make sure he has a team around him after this year, whether he stays in Cle, or goes to NY. Even if he does have a few years like Kobe/MJ did, he's still a dog. And even if he stays healthy every year of his career, he's a dog. That's because staying healthy=/=scoring 30ppg, when you're 33-35 years old. Everyone declines to some degree as they get older, MJ did, Kobe will, and Lebron will.

Thank you for proving my point. In a year or so, no that is not a joke. Durant is great, he has top 3 talent (in the entire NBA) but I doubt he will ever be the dominant scorer that many think he will be. He hasn't proved that he will ever top 30, and until he does I will never say that he will lead the leauge in scoring.
    You say this as if people can't make projections. Of course he hasn't proved it yet, he's 21, but he's absolutely the favorite among young players to lead the NBA in scoring at some point, based on what he's doing right now.

He's 21 years old, and he's averaging 28ppg with a TS% of .588, which is insane.

His PER by year: 15.8, 20.8, 23.5
    His scoring by year: 20ppg, 25ppg, 28ppg

He's consistently improving every year, and he's 21 years old. He's the hands down favorite as of right now to lead the NBA in scoring at some point in the future. Making that claim is simply a rational projection based on actual results.

College star

Malone had 11 straight seasons of 25+ points per game, 17 straight of 20+. Scored 20.6 per game at age 39.
    I doubt either Bron or Melo play for this long. Malone scored 8000 points after the age of 35 to get to 37k.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron is currently the youngest NBA player to ever score 14,000 points.

LeBron would score over 35,000 points, but I rather see him win more NBA Finals and Regular Season MVP than Kobe.
    But not rings? Gotcha.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot
    But not rings? Gotcha.

Although Bron is one of those players I could imagine winning Finals MVP without winning the championship, I reckon that what he meant with Finals MVP

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Although Bron is one of those players I could imagine winning Finals MVP without winning the championship, I reckon that what he meant with Finals MVP
    LoL, no, that's not what he meant. If you'll read between the lines, he's disregarding Kobe's first three rings with Shaq.

I rule the local playground

Durant will get to 40k. He has the type of game that he will score even in his late 30's. 40 year old Durant? he will still be 6'10" with a 7'5" wingspan, and he will still have a great shooting stroke. he will also have a developed back to basket game by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    He'll stay healthy. He's stronger than 98% of the league.
    and the mental qualities ?
    98% of the league are stronger